This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    but why would I want the team to have wasted a 1st round pick on a player that never signs???
    I love crabtree i wanted him since his freshman(rs) year. but i part of me wishes that we didnt cuz all this bull ****. but singletary is maintaining on keeping ALL the focus on the team and preparing for games.
    San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
    Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• It's really good to hear the team has been so physical with the Raiders durings drills and scrimmages. By all reports, it seems like the Niners just laid a beating on the Black and Silver and Al's boys just took it. Having the team buy into Sing's approach early is good. Gets the bs out of the way and lets them work on getting better as a team.

It would be nice if we have found an answer at RT in Snyder and letting him concentrate on one position has paid off. That may work out better than depending on Smith's back and Boone's development and alcohol issues. He seemed pretty good his first time out.

I wish we would get better push from our front 3. It would sure make life easier for our outside backers.

Crabtree won't matter at this point for the upcoming season, so I'm pretty sure he isn't really being talked about too much inside the locker room and Singletary just has them focusing on winning with the guys they have. Losing him to next year's draft would be a pr blow but not much can be done if you are negotiating with a guy whowants to play by a different set of rules. I guess they shouldn't have drafted a guy who came across as so immature but their options were limited. Oh well, I'm sure something gets done at some point.

Comment

• Crabs will get signed at some point, but he likely won't be much of a factor this season, which is a shame, especially when he'll still be one of the higher paid players on the team.

I highly doubt he goes into next year's draft after skipping a year and not signing with a team and goes in the Top 10. Bottom line is, he won't get more cash next year, so Crabs will sign at some point. Until then, the Niners have a lot of good momentum and maybe the extra WR spot goes to Ziegler.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Yeah the team will roll on without Crabs and once he realizes this, he'll sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            Yeah the team will roll on without Crabs and once he realizes this, he'll sign.
            I dont even think it'll be that. He'll wait probably until the season starts or early in the season, and then sign, so he get's his money because he knows that he'll never see $16 mill guaranteed if he re-enters the draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Glen Coffee is ******* sick!

Comment

• im pretty sure frank gore and glen coffee are gonna be ******* bosses dude and micheal robinson isnt doing to bad either.

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                  im pretty sure frank gore and glen coffee are gonna be ******* bosses dude and micheal robinson isnt doing to bad either.
                  Even Korey Sheets was getting some action.

Comment

• the back field of Gore/Coffee/Sheets excites me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Me too.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• another pick. dude im lovin the backfield even though im not impressed with smith or hill at this point. davis stepped up.

Comment

• Good win. I hope we run like that all season.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Is the Raiders' run D really that bad? Seemed like there was a massive hole or a sealed edge on almost every run play.

Comment

• Our QB's were awful. That was embarrassing to watch.

At least we have a kickass running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS11toFG21 View Post
                                Is the Raiders' run D really that bad? Seemed like there was a massive hole or a sealed edge on almost every run play.
                                Yes it is that bad, the Raiders were like 31st vs the run last season. And it showed Saturday night.

If they gave out RotYr. awards on Labor Day I think Glen Coffee would be the winner, end of story. He had 3 breakaway long runs & so far in preseason is looking like the Impact Rookie steal not taken in the 1st rd. He's made everybody forget about this huge delay in not signing Crabtree.

When he declared for the draft like all Bama fans I cursed loudly & thought this is our loss, he was the Tide's leading ground gainer running behind Andre Smith on their left side & reminds everyone of a young Marion Barber III. I'll stick with that comparison, he's offering Singletary's staff an option they haven't had in awhile in SF, a 2-back combo for a power running game.

The flip side of that is that after watching the 2 QBs play the 9ers might be forced to convert to a running offense b/c neither Smith nor Hill looked like NFL-quality QBs vs Oakland. Hill has no zip whatever on his passes & Smith didnt even seem to have his head in the game, still looks at only one receiver, still has that deer in the headlights look when he faces pressure int the pocket. With no Crabtree on the roster & the 2 QBs competing to see which one can dick up the offense worse, maybe the 9ers should just hand the ball off a lot this season.

Just kidding, sportsfans.... clearly Singletary s/b giving Hill & Smith some serious ass-chewing this wk. when he looks at films. The bigger disappointment for the broadcasters was miking Mike Singletary & him keeping his mouth shut thru most of the game Hey, he's an ordained Baptist minister, it's not like he's going to say a lot of curse words on the air now is it?

Maybe it's too early, but we can start the countdown on Trade Crabtree's Rights Now in 5........4 ..........3........... 2 .........????. I would say trade him to the Giants since they've lost Plaxico & are auditioning a lot of rookies (maybe the 9ers could get Northern Calif. local tree-sized WR Ramses Barden in the trade), but odds are they will finish a lot higher than the 9ers this yr so why bother......
                                Last edited by LizardState; 08-23-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information