This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
    How about we stop talking about GREG KNAPP?!?!?!
    HAHHA. I was thinking the same thing. Knapp is an awful OC.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
      if romeo crennell get fired i'd like to see cleveland's oc come here.
      other notable oc's
      scott linehan - he was great in miami
      greg knapp - he was in san fran a few years ago
      chris peterson - boise st
      mike hermadinger - tenn titans
      Join the Petersen bandwagon, my brothers!

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123
        if romeo crennell get fired i'd like to see cleveland's oc come here.
        other notable oc's
        scott linehan - he was great in miami
        greg knapp - he was in san fran a few years ago
        chris peterson - boise st
        mike hermadinger - tenn titans
        No thanks to ALL especially Greg Knapp. Amazingly, while most here dont like him, ex-OC Marty Mornhinweg is on my list to be our next OC. Like Turner, he sucks as an HC but kicks ass as an OC. Turner is first on my list with Mornhinweg second. Third would be Cam Cameron but I doubt that the Ravens let him go.

Comment

• Peterson took the job with Mississippi st. today so that will not be happening. I am just going to cross my fingers for Norv.

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
          HAHHA. I was thinking the same thing. Knapp is an awful OC.
          Yes garbage.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
            Peterson took the job with Mississippi st. today so that will not be happening. I am just going to cross my fingers for Norv.
            Was just about to post pretty much the exact same words

http://spartyandfriends.com/2008/12/...ississippi-st/

But wait

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/200...s_running_wild
            Last edited by abaddon41_80; 12-05-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              "I have a lot of respect for director of athletics Greg Byrne and the Mississippi State athletic program, but I am not taking the head coaching position at Mississippi State."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• ESPN confirmed last night that he isn't taking the Mississippi St. job

Comment

• Do you guys want a veteran RT or a rookie prospect? It's supposed to be a deep draft class so we may be able to bypass spending a lot of money in FA. I know the big names are Gross and Carey, but maybe someone like Phil Loadholt in the 2nd? That way we can have a young OL that can grow together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                    Do you guys want a veteran RT or a rookie prospect? It's supposed to be a deep draft class so we may be able to bypass spending a lot of money in FA. I know the big names are Gross and Carey, but maybe someone like Phil Loadholt in the 2nd? That way we can have a young OL that can grow together.
                    Personally, I would keep Snyder at RT with Staley at LT, Heitmann at C, Rachal and Baas at OG. Spencer backs up at C. I would like to draft an OG and an OT on the second day to provide backup depth.

FA wise, I wouldnt overspend on a RT because I would much rather see the guys we already have starting and because our biggest need is providing a pass rush. I would rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby and draft CB Malcolm Jenkins in the first round.

That's what im hoping for anyway.

Comment

• I'd rather not overpay anyone to play OLB for us. I think we've got two young, talented guys to develop. Lawson in particular has huge physical potential. Interesting statistic, Parys Haralson has the same amount of sacks as Terrel Suggs this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                        I'd rather not overpay anyone to play OLB for us. I think we've got two young, talented guys to develop. Lawson in particular has huge physical potential. Interesting statistic, Parys Haralson has the same amount of sacks as Terrel Suggs this season.
                        But pretty much all of them are coverage sacks

Comment

• Originally posted by dhp318 View Post
                          Um, try making your posts less vague please. You didn't specify from which season these draft picks were.
                          your right. like it serves a purpose to be bringing up the '62 draft

Comment

• sf needs to get a clue of what to do. idk how man more seasons of 5-11 or so i can take

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry
                              I'd rather not overpay anyone to play OLB for us. I think we've got two young, talented guys to develop. Lawson in particular has huge physical potential. Interesting statistic, Parys Haralson has the same amount of sacks as Terrel Suggs this season.
                              Just to clarify, I would be signing Suggs to play DE opposite Smith in the 4-3 with Lawson and Dansby at OLB.

Lawson is used more in coverage than he is as a pass rusher while Smith is a great run stopper but not really a pass rusher. Suggs and Dansby give the defense what it needs the most - consistent pressure on the QB. Haralson could come in at DE opposite Suggs in passing situations.

Plus, dont forget Willis. Also, I would much rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby instead of Haynesworth.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Just to clarify, I would be signing Suggs to play DE opposite Smith in the 4-3 with Lawson and Dansby at OLB.

Lawson is used more in coverage than he is as a pass rusher while Smith is a great run stopper but not really a pass rusher. Suggs and Dansby give the defense what it needs the most - consistent pressure on the QB. Haralson could come in at DE opposite Suggs in passing situations.

Plus, dont forget Willis. Also, I would much rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby instead of Haynesworth.
                                Yeah Dan we know I think we get the picture after you repeat it ten times.

To answer someone elses question. We do need a RT in the Draft it is deep so odds are pretty good we will find one.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information