This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Roman is the guy that needs to be replaces as soon as possible, not Lewis.
    He will get replaced soon...either later this season if the younger guys make strides or in the off season through FA, Draft or younger player progression. His days as a Niner are obviously numbered, but he will most likely make the team over Taylor at this point.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• The more and more I watch Nate Davis, the more scared I get that we're gonna pass on a QB in this upcoming draft =[

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        The more and more I watch Nate Davis, the more scared I get that we're gonna pass on a QB in this upcoming draft =[
        If Alex proves to be obsolete this season, they'll take a QB in the early rounds for sure.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN22zvvxAJ0

Video on my favorite football player Patrick Willis. Great story, unbelievable player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            If Alex proves to be obsolete this season, they'll take a QB in the early rounds for sure.
            I don't know. I think they're going to be using their picks on defense. We got needs at DE, NT, OLB, CB and possibly safety.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• both Ware and Merriman are playing under the final year of their rookie deals. I honestly dont see Ware going anywhere but I do think that there's a chance Merriman will be allowed to leave for free.
              I believe Ware re-upped his contract recently & is now the 2nd-highest, maybe highest paid Cowboy. He was the one guy Dallas saw to they sewed up before heading into a contract yr. in the uncapped yr, unless the league does something before like an interim cap or whatever. A consequence of that big $ going to Ware was losing Canty, & it really hurt them to see Canty go to the Giants in their division.

If the Bolts have any sense they will re-upp Merriman this yr, maybe they want to see him him play on his remanufactured knee 1st

Comment

• Merriman will either look horrible, become less effective after his surgery and get dropped, becoming a huge injury risk for long term contract considerations...

OR

He plays like a champ, and gets a big deal (or at least franchised) by S.D. next offseason.

I doubt the Niners have any chance to get him.

Comment

• Any of you guys interested in joining the Draft Countdown Handicappers Challenge?

Join here
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    I believe Ware re-upped his contract recently & is now the 2nd-highest, maybe highest paid Cowboy.
                    He has not be re-signed. I don't know where you heard that.

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    The more and more I watch Nate Davis, the more scared I get that we're gonna pass on a QB in this upcoming draft =[
                    You say that like it's a bad thing. You dont have to be a high pick to be a successful QB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      You say that like it's a bad thing. You dont have to be a high pick to be a successful QB.
                      I know but it definitely helps. I'm not too sold, although I love how Nate is playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        I know but it definitely helps. I'm not too sold, although I love how Nate is playing.
                        I'm a fan of Nate but if a top prospect like Snead is available at our pick we have to take him.

Comment

• Davis is playing with more poise and composure as a rookie than Smith has shown in four seasons.

I wouldnt be surprised if Davis becomes our franchise QB in a few years while Hill is our stopgap.

Comment

Davis is playing with more poise and composure as a rookie than Smith has shown in four seasons.

I wouldnt be surprised if Davis becomes our franchise QB in a few years while Hill is our stopgap.
                            That would be pretty sick. I mean Davis was considered a top QB in last years draft before the terrible ending to his season and his learning disability being discovered. I love his touch on the passes and his ability to throw hard lazer point spirals on the move.

Comment

Davis is playing with more poise and composure as a rookie than Smith has shown in four seasons.
                              Smith had only one good season, the only recent season when they mentioned the words 49ers & playoffs in the same sentence. That was the yr. he developed chemistry with WR Antonio Bryant & actually sustained drives. Too bad Bryant was a head case & got busted for a DUI & driving > 100 MPH while drunk the night after they upset the Vikings & exited the 9ers roster. It explained to me anyway why Parcells booted Bryant from Dallas 2 yrs. before.

The rest of Smith's tenure as a 9er has been clouded by injury, more injuries, then thrown under the bus by HC Nolan as a whiner when the coaches were criticized for putting him back in the game too soon while recovering from his latest injury. JMO here, Smith was was just dealt a bad hand as the #1 pick of the 9ers, all those knocks on him having to make a great adjustment from coming from Meyer's Utah system were very real. They should've gone with local Cal superstar Rodgers who went 23 picks later, but you know what they say about 20-20 hindsight. The team is as stuck with Smith as he is with them.

Comment

• I'm so sick of the Alexcuses. He sucks because he has horrible mechanics and footwork. This accounts for his terrible accuracy. And his long release and indecisiveness are huge problems at the NFL level. Did he have it tougher than most since other teams kept stealing our offensive coordinators? YES. Is that an acceptable excuse for his never growing as a QB and never developing the proper mechanics and footwork to succeed? NO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information