Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill has been < stellar so far this yr. At least he's minimized his mistakes.

After the JT O'Sullivan-Martzball disaster last yr, I'm happy as a pig in **** about Hill. Those turnovers always put the 9ers defense in a hole & gave opponents a short field last yr. They hired Martz IMO b/c Nolan didnt know squat about offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falcon< View Post
      Sorry, didn't realize you were so defensive. Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer imo. That guy won a super bowl, it's not like Hill has been out carrying your team...trust me I know, I have him on my fantasy football squad as a backup. I've been keeping up with him. Again, I'm sorry I upset you so badly.
      Get it right. Dilfer didnt win a Super Bowl. The Ravens defense and Jamal Lewis won Dilfer a Super Bowl. There's a huge difference.

Hill is FAR better than Dilfer ever was and if Raye would just let him play instead of being a chicken **** with the play-calling, you would see that. Last I checked, it was Hill who brought the 49ers back to take the lead with that 4th quarter TD to Davis, not Dilfer.

Quite honestly, I suggest you stay on your own damn team board because you're starting to piss us all off.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        Hill has been < stellar so far this yr. At least he's minimized his mistakes.

After the JT O'Sullivan-Martzball disaster last yr, I'm happy as a pig in **** about Hill. Those turnovers always put the 9ers defense in a hole & gave opponents a short field last yr. They hired Martz IMO b/c Nolan didnt know squat about offense.
        Nolan should have hired Cam Cameron instead but thats just my own personal opinion not that any of it matters now. The entire Martz/Sullivan thing was a conspiracy against Hill and even Smith but more Hill because he played well at the end of the 2007 season and did the same thing again last year.

Hill is a good solid QB who just needs to have the chains taken off of him. If he wasnt the starter this year, we wouldnt be 2-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falcon<3 View Post
          Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer imo. That guy won a super bowl, it's not like Hill has been out carrying your team...trust me I know, I have him on my fantasy football
          And......fail.

Comment

• Nothing to do with any of the recent discussions.....

But for my birthday my g/f got me tickets to the colts game. I figured you guys would appreciate that as much as I did.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
              Nothing to do with any of the recent discussions.....

But for my birthday my g/f got me tickets to the colts game. I figured you guys would appreciate that as much as I did.
              Enjoy yourselves! Girlfriend tix FTW!!!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Thoughtful Girlfriends FTW!

Comment

• After watching today's game.. I think we need a speed back. Gore is a package of it all. Coffee does what he does.. he's a power back but shows burst. I would definitely want a guy in there that hey can move out to slot or throw to on passing downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                    Nothing to do with any of the recent discussions.....

Marry her :D
                    Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 10-05-2009, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      After watching today's game.. I think we need a speed back. Gore is a package of it all. Coffee does what he does.. he's a power back but shows burst. I would definitely want a guy in there that hey can move out to slot or throw to on passing downs.
                      Kory Sheets is supposed to be that back.

Comment

• 9ers RT concerns

ED: Sorry for dbl-post, it was in the Rams game thread --

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
                        Ditto, the O-Line was pissing me off today. The interior was getting its ass kicked all game than the tackles came to the ass kicking party in the second half.
                        Yes, they have serious issues at RT. Marvel Smith, Snyder (benched), then Pashos who's a guy from another team's PS or waiver wire, I'd say that's a sure sign of trouble.

Watching the Sheep massacre Sunday I LOLed at them benching a former no. 1 pick in Barron for underachieving, so I thought How long has it been since SF drafted an OL no. 1? Kwame Harris from Stanford, who couldn't pass block in the NFL to save his life, under the Donahue Disaster? Was it trading next yr's top pick to NE for the chance to take Staley? Point being it's time for this team who has 2 numero uno picks next April in its pocket to consider drafting a run-blocking human road grader at RT. Cheaper than a FA & those arent available every offseason.

Hell yes they should've taken Oher over Crabtree but I'm wearing those 20-20 hindsight glasses here. Some names for perusal (srs. only):

* John Jerry, Sr., 6-5, 355, Ole Miss, played with Oher & was maybe better. Considered 1st rd. material like Oher until Nutt talked him into returning for sr. yr. Watch him vs. the Bama 3-4 this weekend, if he can keep Deaderick off Snead or handle Cody.
                        * Kyle Calloway, 6-7, 310, Iowa, Ferentz' program is noted for producing plug-n-play NFL-ready O-linemen.
                        * Sam Young, 6-8, 330, Notre Dame, 1st ND OL starter as freshman since 1972, 4-yr. starter, Outland Trophy Watch List.

Comment

Yes, they have serious issues at RT. Marvel Smith, Snyder (benched), then Pashos who's a guy from another team's PS or waiver wire, I'd say that's a sure sign of trouble.
                          He started 31 of 32 games for the Jag at RT. They let him go because they drafted two OTs.

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          * Sam Young, 6-8, 330, Notre Dame, 1st ND OL starter as freshman since 1972, 4-yr. starter, Outland Trophy Watch List.
                          There are other OTs who are better than Sam Young. We need someone on Okung's level.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Quote: Originally Posted by LizardState

There are other OTs who are better than Sam Young. We need someone on Okung's level.
                            Okung is listed as Oklahoma St's LT, top-ranked OT by rivals.com & others. He did play RT his freshman yr. though & run blocking is considered one of his strengths. He's too high on everyone's radar, the 9ers would have to trade up to get him & pay him mega-guaranteed $, that's too pricey for a RT. Pashos may be the answer as mentioned if he's willing to play for < 1/4th of what would've been his salary in J-ville this yr.

I listed Young b/c he's an Outland material RT & highly profiled as all ND pro prospects are. He will be a 3rd-5th rd. if that high & therefore affordable. The downside is that he was p/o that ND OL that was absolutely awful last 2 yrs, but has come around this season.

Comment

• How about RT Jon Runyan? How well would he fit in with the rest of our OL? Another option could be Levi Jones even though he's used to playing LT. When healthy, Jones was a very good OT. Both could be an upgrade over Pashos/Snyder/Sims.

Comment

I listed Young b/c he's an Outland material RT & highly profiled as all ND pro prospects are. He will be a 3rd-5th rd. if that high & therefore affordable. The downside is that he was p/o that ND OL that was absolutely awful last 2 yrs, but has come around this season.
                                See, I look at that Panthers' pick we now own as potentially being a top 15 pick, maybe even top 10.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information