X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

Jets trade for Braylon Edwards. Shortly after Crabtree flies out to San Fran, and a deal is done, the Jets go and get a big play wide out.

Is Rex Ryan SURE there wasnt' tampering going on?
    Well, if there was, he's trading all his Draft picks away that the Niners would have received in compensation anyways. :) The deal for Edwards reportedly includes a 3rd and a 5th with the two players.

It's going to be great to have Crabtree in a Niner uniform finally. Look for him to be active in a limited role after the bye week.

I'm wondering who will get the axe to make room for him on the roster. I actually hope that the Niners release Spurlock and place him on the PS (they opened a spot yesterday) so that Hill can stick around. I think releasing Hill would be a mistake, and another wasted recent high draft pick (3rd Round). The Spurlock experiment has not worked. C'mon Sing, this isn't a Mike Nolan team anymore! If they are in love with Spurlock still, then Battle could be the guy to go, as he likely won't be resigned next year anyways. I know he has been Mr. dependable through the last few "non-glory" years, but I think the time has come to move on.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Dude.. I love Ahmad Brooks

Comment

• Here's a thought: on their 1st series of downs Sunday, on 1st down line up Crabtree in the slot & send him on a fly pattern to the post, flag, whatever, Hill play-actions, does his 5-step drop then throw it at him as far as he can, about 65 yds.

It would be worth it to see the look of panic on the Atlanta assts' faces whether Crabtree catches it or not. And watch what kind of huge cushion the Falcons corners give him after that. I think it would be safe to say that after that homerun to the slant & short zone stuff to the slot receiver will be wide open the rest of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by agubie View Post
          can be voided at 5 if Crabtree has 2 good years out of his first 4.
          well considering that the organization does an amazing job of paying and re-signing guys, I think he'll be in SF for a long time if that last year is voided.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I'm at odds with this upcoming draft..

Do we draft a QB? Go with Hill? develop Nate Davis?

Trent Williams is the best RT prospect on the boards. Do we take him? Colt McCoy would be available with our 2nd 1st rounder to we take him?

Comment

• Hill is one lucky pass away from being the QB for SF who has lead them to a 4-0 start (3-1 now). If he can get us to the play-offs, he gets another year or two as a starter. Not this year but perhaps in 2011 I can see us drafting a QB in the first round, but not sooner.

My wish list for this year (in the first round) is an OT and a CB.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                My wish list for this year (in the first round) is an OT and a CB.
                They have to get another OT. As for the other pick, a QB like Locker would be the one I would love to get. But, since that is a pipe dream, I'll take a top CB or safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  I'm at odds with this upcoming draft..

Do we draft a QB? Go with Hill? develop Nate Davis?

Trent Williams is the best RT prospect on the boards. Do we take him? Colt McCoy would be available with our 2nd 1st rounder to we take him?
                  I think we're more or less settled on Hill at QB, Smith has one foot outta town. Hil has an upside & a downside, but he's coachable & seems to have a good head for game mgmt. I think hill's a work in progress.

Agree about Trent Williams, even though he's going top 5 & will command a top 5 salary. The knock on Okung is that he's 6-5 & plays way too high without adequate lower body strength. He's going to be somebody's LT anyway. A top pick OT is a long term investment, he will need a stable offensive scheme to learn for 2-3 yrs. & the 9ers have had 7 OCs in 7 yrs, that can't be good. I hope they will stick with Raye.

Still not sold on Shawntae Spencer at CB, he has a worrisome injury history. Who's the best sr. corner next draft? I watched Trevard Lindley from Kentucky last weekend, good cover corner, tall at 6 ft, but only weighs like 175, needs to beef up. Myron Lewis, Vandy? He's over 200 lbs. & tall enough, IDK anything about him. Kareem Jackson from Bama is smallish but runs like a 4.35 40. Florida has a hot jr. CB as do others, can't count on jrs. declaring. what do you think?

Comment

• The 49ers really like Nate Davis's potential. Here's what Singletary said about Davis on draft day.

On Nate Davis ....Singletary said he was pleased when Davis immediately revealed his learning disability. "I feel like this: If someone has a learning disability, the most important thing thing for the coach that's coaching him is that he finds out." Singletary revealed that at the beginning of the college season, there was a sentiment around 49ers headquarters that Davis could be the No. 1 pick in the draft.
                    http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...niners-dr.html

He had an impressive preseason to boot so the FO and coaching staff could still be really high on him.

I'll also say that Shaun Hill has played very well. All offseason i wanted an upgrade at QB, but he has proven me wrong. Hill can finish out this year. Groom Davis to take over in 2010/2011 with 2 years in the offense.

It's a possibility, if we have a high enough pick, that we pick a "franchise QB", but i think we'll avoid it. I'm sure they'll be a little gunshy after the Alex Smith expiriment.

I think we'll see more of an emphasis on the OL and we'll be content with Hill/Davis. Maybe add a QB in the midrounds of the draft. Just my guess.

Comment

• my mock if the draft were today:
                      1. trent williams - ot
                      2. sergio kindle - olb / de
                      2. mike iupati - g
                      3. nate allen - s
                      4. jason fox - ot
                      5. dan lefevour - qb
                      6. riar greer - te
                      7. eric olson - g

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                        my mock if the draft were today:
                        1. trent williams - ot
                        2. sergio kindle - olb / de
                        2. mike iupati - g
                        3. nate allen - s
                        4. jason fox - ot
                        5. dan lefevour - qb
                        6. riar greer - te
                        7. eric olson - g
                        I like how you prioritized. OLB will depend on how well Ahmad Brooks develops this year, he's shown a lot of promise. Definitely no need for WR or CB, but S is a concern. We really need Oline help, could use another fatboy on D too (free agency maybe?).

Comment

• 1a) Trent Williams RT, Oklahoma
                          -Best suited at right tackle and is an excellent road grader there.
                          1b) Reshad Jones S, Georgia
                          -Michael Lewis isn't getting any younger and Reshad definitely could fill the void there.
                          2) Jerry Hughes 3-4 OLB, TCU
                          -Is there a better defensive end this side of the Mississippi river? He's a sack machine who could skyrocket up the draft boards but at this point, I like him coming to us in the 2nd.
                          3) Vlad Duccasse OG, UMass
                          -Small school prospect, big time player. He's a mauler on the line, which is what we need right now. Look to him to go up people's boards as the season progresses.
                          4) Myron Lewis CB, Wake Forest
                          -Solid cornerback that brings all the tools to work. He's stout in run support and good in coverage. His strength is man coverage. He's a big body and a very good athlete.
                          5) Tyson Alualu 3-4 DE, Cal
                          -Run stopping defensive end for Cal that could excel in out system given his underrated athleticism. He might elude us in the 5th round with a solid consistent finish to the year.
                          6) Demarcus Granger NT, Oklahoma
                          -You want a fat boy? you got a fat boy. I don't think NT is a problem with the emergence of Aubrayo Franklin, but it would be good to get some bodies out there.. and this is one big body.
                          7) Al Woods 3-4 DE/NT, LSU
                          -Need another body to switch in on the front. At 6-4 311 lbs, he can be placed anywhere on the front

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            1a) Trent Williams RT, Oklahoma
                            -Best suited at right tackle and is an excellent road grader there.
                            1b) Reshad Jones S, Georgia
                            -Michael Lewis isn't getting any younger and Reshad definitely could fill the void there.
                            2) Jerry Hughes 3-4 OLB, TCU
                            -Is there a better defensive end this side of the Mississippi river? He's a sack machine who could skyrocket up the draft boards but at this point, I like him coming to us in the 2nd.
                            3) Vlad Duccasse OG, UMass
                            -Small school prospect, big time player. He's a mauler on the line, which is what we need right now. Look to him to go up people's boards as the season progresses.
                            4) Myron Lewis CB, Wake Forest
                            -Solid cornerback that brings all the tools to work. He's stout in run support and good in coverage. His strength is man coverage. He's a big body and a very good athlete.
                            5) Tyson Alualu 3-4 DE, Cal
                            -Run stopping defensive end for Cal that could excel in out system given his underrated athleticism. He might elude us in the 5th round with a solid consistent finish to the year.
                            6) Demarcus Granger NT, Oklahoma
                            -You want a fat boy? you got a fat boy. I don't think NT is a problem with the emergence of Aubrayo Franklin, but it would be good to get some bodies out there.. and this is one big body.
                            7) Al Woods 3-4 DE/NT, LSU
                            -Need another body to switch in on the front. At 6-4 311 lbs, he can be placed anywhere on the front
                            If that happened... well, let's just say I'd be pretty damn happy. I love me some Jerry Hughes.

Comment

• I love TKO: http://csnbayarea.com/pages/landing/...15&feedID=2800

He's such an awesome player.

Comment

• I'm just thinking out loud here, but, could the fact that Crabtree has dicked around for as long as he has possibly have an upside?

Follow along with me - Hill has a fair amount of pressure on him as it is, and I can see where he may have been even more pressured to get the ball into the "Star" rookie's hands. That could have led to some situations that turned sour because Hill was forcing the pass and what-have-you. As it stands now, and I could be wrong, but Crabs is really going to have to prove his ability and his character in the locker-room. Could this maturation period make it turn out where Hill does not feel so forced to get Crabtree the ball 7 or 8 times a game and as a result, Hill makes the right decisions when to get the pigskin out to Crabtree and therefore yield even better results.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information