This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Well, if's he's there in the 3rd, that works. I'd like to draft him because he's a safety and Roman is god-awful. Rashad Johnson would be fine, too.
    Chung is a SS though. We need a cover FS.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• My current rankings for drafting the Niners needs:

OT
      DE (pass rushing)
      FS (coverage, not hard hitting)
      QB (to develop, regardless of Hill and Alex's situations)
      DT (Large, strong nose for 3-4 or a space eater/pass rusher for 4-3)
      WR (either a BIG target for Red Zone jump balls, or a speedster to stick in the slot, replacing Battle.)

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade
        Roman
        Harris
        Two old guys who need to move on.
        And dont forget the third guy below.

Comment

• I love it how everyone hates Mark Roman despite me never wanting him two years ago and everyone disagreeing with me at that time.

But yeah, he sucks. I would like to see Reggie Smith start at FS the last three games or at least Goldson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman
            My current rankings for drafting the Niners needs:

OT
            DE (pass rushing)
            FS (coverage, not hard hitting)
            QB (to develop, regardless of Hill and Alex's situations)
            DT (Large, strong nose for 3-4 or a space eater/pass rusher for 4-3)
            WR (either a BIG target for Red Zone jump balls, or a speedster to stick in the slot, replacing Battle.)
            Staley has done a great job at LT while Snyder has done a better job than Jennings ever did. I'm personally happy with both of them starting at LT and RT respectively.

A pass rushing DE / OLB is what we need but it depends on what defense we run. If it's the 4-3, we need a pass rushing DE. If it's the 3-4, we need a pass rushing OLB.

I disagree with FS because we have Goldson and Reggie Smith who should be the starting FS, not a backup CB. We draft a FS, it'll be a waste because we would have drafted a position that isnt really a need because of who we have. And considering that Smih has been playing CB, his coverage skills have to be at least average or he wouldnt be a CB. Because of this, he should be playing FS which would allow M. Lewis to be more aggressive in run support and be able to blitz.

QB depends on who our QB's are heading into the draft. It looks like its going to be Hill and Smith. I wouldnt waste a draft pick on a QB who's just going to be 3rd at best and will have to learn and adjust from college to the NFL. No point in my opinion.

DT / NT - If we go back to the 4-3 (which we should) on a full time basis, this isnt a need whatsoever because we have Sopoaga and just drafted Balmer with Fields providing depth. NT wise, I agree but unless there's a Wilfork type player, no point as it would be a waste of two draft picks including Balmer.

WR - I actually would like to keep Bryant Johnson because it seems that he's finally getting involved in the offense. I would put him in the slot with Hill and Morgan as the starters in 2009. Time to let the young guys play and see what they can do starting wise on a full time basis.

My top three draft needs would be like this as of now -

1) Pass rushing DE / OLB
            2) Cover CB to start opposite Clements
            3) ILB to play next to Willis

Comment

• I'll ask again why do you guys continue to think pass rushing OLB is a huge need?

Comment

• Because Parys Haralson is not very good. At least half of his sacks are coverage sacks and a few more because Justin Smith forced his man back into the opposing QB and he had to step up into Haralson who wasn't really applying pressure

Comment

• Just because we do not have a ton of sacks does not mean we are not getting pressure. Justin Smith's job on some plays is to bull rush the inside to force the QB out. That's how the outside guys get sacks on those plays. Haralson is having his best season more sacks then Suggs I don't know what you don't like.

Comment

• I like Haralson but he isn't a top pass rusher. His 7 sacks are misleading too because of gifts by qbs with horrible pocket presence (Bulger, Losman) not to mention his gift sack against Favre with 30 seconds left in the game, up by 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      I love it how everyone hates Mark Roman despite me never wanting him two years ago and everyone disagreeing with me at that time
                      First, hindsight it always 20/20 but I think that most of us had hopes that he would break out in San Francisco. I don't think that was a bad thing for us to hope for, if we just assumed that all our signings that aren't huge names were worthless that would be idiotic.

Sidenote: Atiyyah Ellison was signed off our practice squad by the Jags but I dont think anyone is going to lose sleep over that one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                        I like Haralson but he isn't a top pass rusher. His 7 sacks are misleading too because of gifts by qbs with horrible pocket presence (Bulger, Losman) not to mention his gift sack against Favre with 30 seconds left in the game, up by 10.
                        Well he has gotten better every year. Now that Manusky is bringing him more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          I love it how everyone hates Mark Roman despite me never wanting him two years ago and everyone disagreeing with me at that time.
                          Yeah, I'm calling BS on this as well. I never argued the merits of Mark Roman ... EVER. In fact, in the '06 draft, as much as I liked Willis (and Carriker for that matter), there were only 2 other players I liked better: CJ and Laron Landry. Hell, I even considered the idea that the Niners might go after Reggie Nelson in that draft to play safety.

Dan, you write these big sweeping generalizations about everyone else against you, and it's simply not true.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                            Yeah, I'm calling BS on this as well. I never argued the merits of Mark Roman ... EVER. In fact, in the '06 draft, as much as I liked Willis (and Carriker for that matter), there were only 2 other players I liked better: CJ and Laron Landry. Hell, I even considered the idea that the Niners might go after Reggie Nelson in that draft to play safety.

Dan, you write these big sweeping generalizations about everyone else against you, and it's simply not true.

...I am :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post

I'm pretty glad we didn't take Carriker. I think that was one of the big debates here on who to take. I wanted Carriker but so far he has been a non-impact guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                I'm pretty glad we didn't take Carriker. I think that was one of the big debates here on who to take. I wanted Carriker but so far he has been a non-impact guy.
                                It was huge all over Niner-land. I liked Willis better, but I thought we'd end up taking Carriker due to our awful DL play and the fact that 3-4 ILBs aren't usually 1st rounders. And because Nolan is a dumbass. Good thing he didn't f-up that pick.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information