This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by binary
    Yeah, I think I might even put ILB ahead of corner right now. All we really have to do for CB is resign Bly and they are set.

Here's an interesting thought regarding Haden though. Maybe they can play him at Safety on 1st and 2nd (Spencer and Clements are the starters no matter what) and then bring him down as a nickelback on passing downs? I actually wouldn't be too opposed to that scenario if they can make it work. Maybe I'm just thinking in madden terms?
    How did Tarell Brown play this season? Is he good enough to be our nickelback because quite honestly, I dont want to see Bly or Harris come back for 2010. Clements is the veteran along with Spencer. I want to see the younger guys play (Brown and Hudson come to mind) to see if they are worth keeping down the line.

I agree with Brent in regards to making sure that our two first round draft picks are starting on day one or at the very least, will be a huge part of our offense or defense like Spiller would be.

If we can get an ILB (Ryans, Jackson or Dansby) in FA, I think we should because any one of them would be an upgrade over Spikes and being able to keep Spikes as the main backup while McKillop is still developing would be huge for us defensively. I dont think Ryans will be available but even if he is, I think that Jackson (or Dansby) would be a better fit because they both have experience in the 3-4 unlike Ryans who plays MLB in the 4-3 defense.

Back to CB for a second, would anyone here be opposed to going after Dunta Robinson if he becomes an UFA?

P.S. - See, Binary is the Madden fan. Not me. Just want to clear that up.

Comment

• Brown was good and made plays. If he can become consistent and show consistency this off season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him making some starts at nickelback.

Comment

• Everyone that mentions ILB...

What the team NEEDS is depth at MIKE. They can add all the TEDs in the world but it won't matter if PWillie ever goes down. Willis is the only sideline to sideline LB on the roster. Wish they wouldn't have messed up the Guyton signing 2 seasons ago.

If they draft a potential starting TED, I hope he is athletic enough to play MIKE.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          Everyone that mentions ILB...

What the team NEEDS is depth at MIKE. They can add all the TEDs in the world but it won't matter if PWillie ever goes down. Willis is the only sideline to sideline LB on the roster. Wish they wouldn't have messed up the Guyton signing 2 seasons ago.

If they draft a potential starting TED, I hope he is athletic enough to play MIKE.
          They should really groom Brooks to know every LB position.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
            They should really groom Brooks to know every LB position.
            Agreed in thought but every single second he spends learning to play ILB at the NFL level he loses spending on becoming a dominant pass rusher.

Comment

• Does anyone think that D'Qwell Jackson or Dansby can play the MIKE position if needed?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Does anyone think that D'Qwell Jackson or Dansby can play the MIKE position if needed?
                Absolutely. D'Qwell reminds me of a younger Takeo as a matter of fact. I think we've seen enough of Dansby over the years that would say he could play any LB position.

ON another note.. The more film I watch of McCluster, they more I like him.

Comment

Does anyone think that D'Qwell Jackson or Dansby can play the MIKE position if needed?
                  D'Qwell Jackson IS Cleveland's MIKE. When Arizona goes 4-backers, Dansby is the MIKE.

I know DQ will be a RFA so it seems unlikely. Not sure about Dansby.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
                    D'Qwell Jackson IS Cleveland's MIKE. When Arizona goes 4-backers, Dansby is the MIKE.

I know DQ will be a RFA so it seems unlikely. Not sure about Dansby.
                    Dansby is playing under the franchise tag. DQ will be an UFA if the CBA gets done which I think it will even if that means the delay of the start of the new league year.

According to -

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html

Jackson is an UFA. The only thing I can think of as to why he would be an RFA (excluding CBA) would be due to the fact that he only played six games this season which might not be enough for an accrued season.

Another player who might be worth a look is the Chiefs Derrick Johnson.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Derrick Johnson is 27. If I am going to spend a roster spot on someone to back up Willis or TKO, I am going with someone who is under the age of 25. I wouldnt be shocked if we took an ILB in the first three rounds. The FO seems intent on finding the next good ILB since they believe TKO will likely not return after the 2010 season... at least they act that way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Derrick Johnson is 27. If I am going to spend a roster spot on someone to back up Willis or TKO, I am going with someone who is under the age of 25. I wouldnt be shocked if we took an ILB in the first three rounds. The FO seems intent on finding the next good ILB since they believe TKO will likely not return after the 2010 season... at least they act that way.
                        Actually, I meant as a starter. Not a backup but someone who can start next to Willis but also play for Willis if needed.

Comment

Actually, I meant as a starter. Not a backup but someone who can start next to Willis but also play for Willis if needed.
                          I dont see Derrick Johnson replacing TKO.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Chiefs fans want Rolando McClain for a reason, and it's not because they love Derrick Johnson.

Comment

• hahaha I don't see him taking on blocks well.. He's good on madden tho :)

Comment

• Dansby isn't going anywhere. If he is, his price tag just continues to shoot up.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information