X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
    you have to invest it in a WR/QB/DE
    I agree with the DE part of that. I'd love to see us take Orakpo, if he's there. But this seems to be a rather OT heavy draft, so a 2nd round RT could be found. Regardless, I think it's pretty obvious that RT, FS, and a pass rush are the biggest needs and whatever presents the BPA when we're on the board should be the one taken.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I agree with the DE part of that. I'd love to see us take Orakpo, if he's there. But this seems to be a rather OT heavy draft, so a 2nd round RT could be found. Regardless, I think it's pretty obvious that RT, FS, and a pass rush are the biggest needs and whatever presents the BPA when we're on the board should be the one taken.
      I'm totally with you on this, with one exception: Michael Crabtree. I know that WR isn't our "biggest need", but from a pure best player available standpoint, I wouldn't be upset if we go that route in the first. Now, when the draft rolls around, I think Crabtree goes top 5, maybe even top 3, so I don't think that issue will come up with us anyway unless we trade up. I would only want to trade up for Jenkins or Crabtree since IMO those 2 are the only top tier players at their position that we'd need to go up to get.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
        are you kidding. Dan please watch the games before you make yourself sound anymore dumb. It was Sims' fault Porter got to Hill on a two count.
        Sorry but thats not how I see it. Sims comes off the bench to replace an injured Snyder and everyone expects him to go one on one with Porter who's standing up as opposed to being in a stance and think that he can handle him? I dont care if you like Sims or not but not putting a RB or someone in the backfield to help out Sims against Porter is more dumb than anything I could ever say. Martz loves leaving his QB out to dry and since he doesnt care for Hill, is anyone really surprised by that playcall at the end of the game?

I'm not surprised at all. Sims was beat but what if Snyder was out there instead of Sims and Porter beat him? Would you be syaing that it was Snyder's fault or the fact that there was no one there to help him?

Bottom line in my opinion is that it was a bad playcall and that Martz should easily know better but doesnt. I'm just waiting for him to be gone. Just two more weeks to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          Sorry but thats not how I see it. Sims comes off the bench to replace an injured Snyder and everyone expects him to go one on one with Porter who's standing up as opposed to being in a stance and think that he can handle him? I dont care if you like Sims or not but not putting a RB or someone in the backfield to help out Sims against Porter is more dumb than anything I could ever say. Martz loves leaving his QB out to dry and since he doesnt care for Hill, is anyone really surprised by that playcall at the end of the game?

I'm not surprised at all. Sims was beat but what if Snyder was out there instead of Sims and Porter beat him? Would you be syaing that it was Snyder's fault or the fact that there was no one there to help him?

Bottom line in my opinion is that it was a bad playcall and that Martz should easily know better but doesnt. I'm just waiting for him to be gone. Just two more weeks to go.
          I agree with Dan here. When you have a huge liability in Sims who has given up pressure consistently all game, you have to give him help. Especially on 4th and 10. A back chipping Porter, a TE, something. Sims is a huge liability and Martz left him alone to face Porter 1 on 1 on a 7 step drop during a 4th and 10. I hate Barry Sims but Martz screwed up in a late game situation yet again.

Comment

• Either way I don't care how bad you are you should be able to hold him for longer than a two count. Seriously you guys need to start putting some blame on the players instead of just the coaches. I don't think holding someone up for atleast a three four count is too much to ask.

With how heavy this tackle class could be, we should target Taylor Mays in the first.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
              I'm totally with you on this, with one exception: Michael Crabtree.
              I have seen many of his games and in person. The guy gets no separation, he just relies on his athletic ability rather than route running or speed. I am probably in small minority but I am not as high on him as everyone else.

Comment

• Alex Smith update: here and here.

Originally posted by Matt Barrows
                So, what are the chances that Smith actually returns to the 49ers? Two things this season helped facilitate his return. The most important -- by a wide margin -- is Nolan's departure. Nolan seems to have made it his life-mission to undermine his former quarterback. The second is the emergence of Shaun Hill. Hill has played well enough to go into 2009 as the starter. That gives the 49ers two luxuries: They don't have to use a first-round draft pick on a quarterback. Instead, they can use a mid-round pick and let him develop. It also allows them to see whether Smith has fully recovered. Smith and Hill also get along well, and there would be no ego clash if Smith had to play behind Hill.

McCloughan's presence also bodes well for a Smith return. After all, what other general manager in the league would be apt to give Smith as good an opportunity than the one who drafted him in the first place? In that regard, Smith's decision to stick around the team facility this season -- and more importantly, to stay in contact with McCloughan -- was a wise decision.
                I hope he comes back at a lower salary. It would be better than overpaying some free agent and I'd rather we spend a 1st rounder on someone who doesn't play QB. Plus, I like the guy and would love for him to succeed here and actually reach his potential since he's like 24 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  Alex Smith update: here and here.

I hope he comes back at a lower salary. It would be better than overpaying some free agent and I'd rather we spend a 1st rounder on someone who doesn't play QB. Plus, I like the guy and would love for him to succeed here and actually reach his potential since he's like 24 or so.
                  I wouldn't mind re-signing Smith, but i hope it doesn't stop us from drafting a QB in the 1st round if theres a QB the 49ers like.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                    I wouldn't mind re-signing Smith, but i hope it doesn't stop us from drafting a QB in the 1st round if theres a QB the 49ers like.
                    We won't take one in the first round. It sounded like from the blog I read on the Niners site Alex is open to just about anything. I think he will be back next year. I would love to see him and Shaun compete for the starting job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                      if there's a QB the 49ers like.
                      I imagine that unless Matt Stafford slips to the Niners there wont be a 1st round QB they're interested in.

Comment

• I'd love to see Smith back. Clearly it'll be Hill's job to lose but I could see Alex forcing his way into the line up after mid year. I'm actually pretty high on Alex - with some stability at OC and the pressure off him I think get can still work out. He's only 24 so thats gotta be in our favour too.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• I dunno.. I see Alex Smith with a stable OC and I see Shaun Hill with a stable OC but I still think Hill is better. Smith has all the athleticism and tools you look for and yes he is 24, but I think Hill should have the job locked up by now.

Comment

• I think one of the first moves for the Niners this off season will be to redo Alex's last 2 years on his contract to pay him similar money to Hill. Hill may start the season next year, but if Alex does have stability, and shows signs of leadership, he may over seat him at some point next season, with 2010 being the season he returns full time as the starter.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Obviously the key to our QB development is stability at OC. With Martz at OC it's not likely that he stays more than a couple of years. What I'd like to see is Martz appoint a 'successor', maybe to one of the junior coaching roles and bring him up to run the same system after he leaves.

Comment

• I think we will still have Martz next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information