X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    So....

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that the 49ers and Detroit Lions are the teams showing the most interest in CB/RS - Adam "Pacman" Jones.

Very interesting. I can't believe I'm saying this but... color me interested.

1. He'll be very cheap.
    2. If he slips up he'll be cut.
    3. If he sucks, he'll be cut.
    4. If he shows even a little of his talent he will add depth at CB and as a return man.
    5. If he returns to his potential he will be an absolute steal and fill two desperate needs.

Bizarre.
    Computer says no

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• guys, singletary is attending a workout, he's not signing the guy & giving him a ******* starting job. relax.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• And it's not like it's very likely any team will sign him. At this point, Jones' off-the-field issues are the least of his concerns. Just last month he worked out for the Bengals and was reportedly out of shape and looked quite poor in all drills.

Comment

So....

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that the 49ers and Detroit Lions are the teams showing the most interest in CB/RS - Adam "Pacman" Jones.

1. He'll be very cheap.
          4. If he shows even a little of his talent he will add depth at CB and as a return man.
          5. If he returns to his potential he will be an absolute steal and fill two desperate needs.

Bizarre.
          I really agree with you. Sometimes I think the Niners are too afraid of signing players with character concerns. Sure, if its a high draft pick or a spendy FA I understand, but I see no issue signing "iffy" characters if its for a short deal with a small investment.

Also, the Niners desperately need CB right no. After OT, its by far the most shallow position on the team. And Jones fills 2 needs, which is important to me as players like Allan Rossum kinda pissed me off...

Comment

• Why not bring him in if he can still play? That is the big question if he is in shape and looks good it doesn't hurt us to give him a shot.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

So....

1. He'll be very cheap.

Bizarre.
              Schwartz had him in Tennesse, maybe theres a pipeline there.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

And it's not like it's very likely any team will sign him. At this point, Jones' off-the-field issues are the least of his concerns. Just last month he worked out for the Bengals and was reportedly out of shape and looked quite poor in all drills.
                That isn't surprising. Players that are away from the game usually don't make some miraculous turnaround.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/14/lion...ll-from-49ers/

2011 7th rounder from Lions for Shaun Hill
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/14/lion...ll-from-49ers/

2011 7th rounder from Lions for Shaun Hill
                      Good move for Detroit, adds a solid backup. Not bad for us too to actually get a pick out of it, even if it was a tongue-in-cheek offer.

Best of luck to Shaun Hill, it's a shame it never worked out for him here.

Comment

• Sometimes I think the Niners are too afraid of signing players with character concerns. Sure, if its a high draft pick or a spendy FA I understand, but I see no issue signing "iffy" characters if its for a short deal with a small investment.
                        Remember felonious RB Lawrence Phillips?

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Remember felonious RB Lawrence Phillips?
                          He was actually who I was thinking of when I made this comment. The only negative with Phillips was that he wasn't very good. They signed him to a cheap 2 year deal and released him after one season I believe. It was a good experiment that had no negative side effects, lol other than Phillips missing a block that ended Steve Young's career :( But that had little to do with his character.

I was mainly referencing their current administration, as the Phillips deal was made in '99.

Comment

• Detroit got robbed

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I love Takeo Spikes. Great player on the field and cool guy off it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                I would like to see Spencer come back to regain his starting role & play like he did 2 yrs ago, but knee injuries are tricky with DBs & a certain %age just don't get back to the way they were. I'm saying it would be foolish to depend on him for the consistent coverage he had -- CB is all about fresh legs & speed. So far in 09 I didnt think he was back to that level, he dicked it up badly in Minnesota, where Lewis was the goat on the final play, all the SF pass defense has responsibility for letting a W slip away then.
                                It was Roman who was the one that could have made the play to seal the W vs. the Vikings. Their were several people out of position on that play but Roman was the one that allowed the catch.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information