Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman has already had a second chance and his play on the field wasn't impressive. His return numbers were better than Battle's but quite pedestrian overall and he did not look to be a good cover corner at all. NOT worth bringing in a guy like him that has lost so much and still hasn't made the necessary life changes. The Niners need to look elsewhere for a return man.

Besides, you see how big his helmet looks on his little body when he's running around?! It's comical. My friend and I used to see him on the TV screen and yell "HEAD" in a Scottish accent.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
      Good move for Detroit, adds a solid backup. Not bad for us too to actually get a pick out of it, even if it was a tongue-in-cheek offer.

Best of luck to Shaun Hill, it's a shame it never worked out for him here.
      I agree that it's a good deal for both teams. They get a solid backup QB and we get something for compensation as opposed to releasing him.

I would argue that it did work out for Shaun Hill in SF as he was came in as a 3rd string QB and was able to start and have a winning record. Unlike the Cowboys with Romo, our FO was smart enough not to overpay him for several years after he showed some production. Guys like Hill rarely get a shot to play and start.

I thank him for his time here and wish the guy the best.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
        I agree that it's a good deal for both teams. They get a solid backup QB and we get something for compensation as opposed to releasing him.

I would argue that it did work out for Shaun Hill in SF as he was came in as a 3rd string QB and was able to start and have a winning record. Unlike the Cowboys with Romo, our FO was smart enough not to overpay him for several years after he showed some production. Guys like Hill rarely get a shot to play and start.

I thank him for his time here and wish the guy the best.
        I don't see how Romo is getting "overpaid". He's one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Shaun Hill is not. It would have been stupid to hand a boatload of money to Shaun Hill...especially when the team hadn't reached the playoffs. Tony Romo didn't get his big extension until midway of the 2007 season, practically a full season after he took over the starting role for the Cowboys.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          1. I've never seen anyone pass the "cracker" challange
          2. DAMN, TKO has a huge neck.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
            I don't see how Romo is getting "overpaid". He's one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Shaun Hill is not. It would have been stupid to hand a boatload of money to Shaun Hill...especially when the team hadn't reached the playoffs. Tony Romo didn't get his big extension until midway of the 2007 season, practically a full season after he took over the starting role for the Cowboys.
            I think Romo is grossly overpaid. He hasn't proven much, and especially hasn't done much other than look better than the last few Cowboys QBs (Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson) in a few games, which wasn't that difficult. He has skills and has proven to be a starter in the league, but I don't believe he is elite, especially with the amount of talent they have around him. Romo is obviously better than Hill. I was just drawing the comparison that they both had similar backgrounds, in that they had to prove themselves in the league after not being drafted high nor having ideal size or skill sets. Romo got his big extension after having a similar winning record to Hill in just over a season's worth of games.

Comment

Romo is awful.....He isn't a top five QB in the NFL maybe not even top ten thus overpaid.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I dont think Romo is horrible or anything. I would rather him over Smith, Carr/Hill and Davis but he's not a top tier QB like Peyton, Brady or Brees. Romo is easily better than any QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman.

It's kind of funny as I think that we're in almost the same spot as DAL was between Aikman and Romo. We're still searching for that franchise QB but im hoping that Smith plays well this year and shows that he's worth keeping but I want to see us add more weapons on offense for him.

The Carr signing was basically a backup plan in case Smith plays bad in 2010. This way, the team can let Smith leave in 2011 and still have Carr for 2011.

Oh well, just hav to wait and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  Romo is awful.....He isn't a top five QB in the NFL maybe not even top ten thus overpaid.
                  Romo is not awful. Don't be absurd. And he is a top ten quarterback in this league. A boatload of teams would be better off with him as their starter than the current alternative. The 49ers are one of those teams. Dallas would definitely still be in the dungeon without him. The "overpaid" logic you're using due to not being in some "top ten" ranking is ridiculous in the first place seeing as it's a completely subjective angle. NFL football stars aren't paid on some subjective power rankings.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  I dont think Romo is horrible or anything. I would rather him over Smith, Carr/Hill and Davis but he's not a top tier QB like Peyton, Brady or Brees. Romo is easily better than any QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman.
                  Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and possibly Drew Brees...those are all guys that are once in a generation quarterbacks. You can still be one of the best quarterbacks in the league and not be a once in a generation player. Romo fits this mold...as do guys like McNabb, Schaub, Rodgers, or Eli Manning. And all of those guys are capable of helping lead a team to a championship. The media prestige or golden pedigree isn't required.
                  Last edited by Ness; 03-17-2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Romo is a really good QB. I wouldn't be surprised if he is an MVP candidate next year.

Comment

• Romo has proven very little after getting the starting gig and has choked in the playoffs. He's not useless, but he's overpayed and has even made teammates cry. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M

He's above average, but I'd rather have ANY of the starting QBs below on my team over Romo.

Aaron Rodgers
                      Drew Brees
                      Peyton Manning
                      Tom Brady
                      Philip Rivers
                      Matt Schaub
                      Brett Favre
                      Ben Roethlisberger
                      Jay Cutler
                      Donovan McNabb
                      Eli Manning
                      Matt Ryan
                      Joe Flacco

This list isn't including Sanchez and Stafford, who look to have bright futures nor does it include Vince Young, who has revitalized his career and may only get better as well.

That has Romo 14th on my list, with 3 other QBs nipping at his heels. Pedestrian ranks to me = over-rated.
                      Last edited by Madirishman; 03-17-2010, 09:56 AM. Reason: crying vid link

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                        Romo is a really good QB. I wouldn't be surprised if he is an MVP candidate next year.
                        Ummm.. Just no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          Romo has proven very little after getting the starting gig and has choked in the playoffs. He's not useless, but he's overpayed and has even made teammates cry. :)
                          He's lost two playoff games before getting his first playoff win. Big deal. How many did Peyton Manning lose before he got his first victory? I believe it was 3. Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco over Tony Romo? I think you're just throwing names out there in a desperate attempt to justify your weak point.

Comment

He's lost two playoff games before getting his first playoff win. Big deal. How many did Peyton Manning lose before he got his first victory? I believe it was 3. Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco over Tony Romo? I think you're just throwing names out there in a desperate attempt to justify your weak point.
                            Yes, if I was building a franchise, why wouldn't I want much younger players with better size and upside than Romo? Cutler had a rough year, sure, but he still has skills and will continue to develop. Out of the "Favre Clones" (Romo & Cutler), I'd still take Cutler as the gunslinger I want for my team. He's younger with a stronger arm and he's decently mobile. He also shrugs off bad plays and keeps chucking the rock better than Romo, who seems to often dwell on missed opportunities.

Even if you don't include Cutler, Ryan and Flacco on the list (as you suggest), Romo doesn't crack the Top 10!

The only weak point is yours. Why don't you back up what you're saying some more with a little detail? Then maybe your generalizations will be able to grow some legs.

Comment

• Spikes ran a 5.0 flat and Haden a 4.43 on wet is a wet and slippery track at UF Pro Day.

Spikes stock is plummeting, and Haden did what he had to do to secure his spot in the first half of teh first round. Itll be interesting to see if hes still on the board at #13

Comment

• Jeff McLane of the Philidelphia Inquirer is reporting on his Twitter that the Eagles have released RT Shawn Andrews. Might be worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information