This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
    Yes, if I was building a franchise, why wouldn't I want much younger players with better size and upside than Romo? Cutler had a rough year, sure, but he still has skills and will continue to develop. Out of the "Favre Clones" (Romo & Cutler), I'd still take Cutler as the gunslinger I want for my team. He's younger with a stronger arm and he's decently mobile. He also shrugs off bad plays and keeps chucking the rock better than Romo, who seems to often dwell on missed opportunities.

Even if you don't include Cutler, Ryan and Flacco on the list (as you suggest), Romo doesn't crack the Top 10!

The only weak point is yours. Why don't you back up what you're saying some more with a little detail? Then maybe your generalizations will be able to grow some legs.
    This was never about building a franchise. Now you're changing the point that you were trying to make. First it was whether or not Romo is overpaid and now it's "if I was building a franchise". Make up your mind.

Cutler had a rough year? When has he not had a rough season? He's never had an outstanding one to date. He had a couple of decent ones in Denver, but he is still prone to throwing interceptions. Stronger arm? Who cares? Romo's arm is strong enough to get the ball down the field to the playmakers. I don't know what you're getting at there, it's not like he's Chad Pennington. Decently mobile. Okay? And Romo isn't? Again, weak point. Cutler is prone to throwing a bunch of interceptions if you mean "keep chucking"...I'm sure Bears fans would have preferred Romo over Cutler and his picks last year.

Your reasoning as to why Cutler is better than Romo is terrible. You could have just saved yourself a bunch of time and said that Cutler is better than Romo "just because". Ironic at what you're telling me in your last statement.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
      I'm sure Bears fans would have preferred Romo over Cutler and his picks last year.
      Why don't you post something on the Bears page to see if the majority of their fans back you up?

We can agree to disagree because I'd much rather focus on the Niners than Romo and Cutler. You're just attacking my points instead of explaining why Romo is better. When I say that "I'd rather have them on my team" or that "if I was running a franchise" that is not straying from my point; it's illustrating to you how I value those QBs in comparison To Romo. He's not high on my list and I believe he is over-rated and over-payed, especially with the amount of talent they have surrounded him with. He has every opportunity to succeed and hasn't met the challenge IMO. Put a QB like Cutler on the same Cowboys team and I believe that they would do better.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Why don't you post something on the Bears page to see if the majority of their fans back you up?

We can agree to disagree because I'd much rather focus on the Niners than Romo and Cutler. You're just attacking my points instead of explaining why Romo is better. When I say that "I'd rather have them on my team" or that "if I was running a franchise" that is not straying from my point; it's illustrating to you how I value those QBs in comparison To Romo. He's not high on my list and I believe he is over-rated and over-payed, especially with the amount of talent they have surrounded him with. He has every opportunity to succeed and hasn't met the challenge IMO. Put a QB like Cutler on the same Cowboys team and I believe that they would do better.
        Because I've already heard enough of their bickering on this forum there is really no need. When fans are making fun of their own quarterback and coming up with negative nicknames for him, then you know something is quite wrong.

Romo is a better quarterback for obvious reasons. Do you really want me to take the time and explain them to you?

Comment

• Anyone excited to see how Goldson does this season? Watch my avatar and bask in the excitement

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            Anyone excited to see how Goldson does this season? Watch my avatar and bask in the excitement
            Love the avatar, looks good.

In other news....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Glad that went well!
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Because I've already heard enough of their bickering on this forum there is really no need. When fans are making fun of their own quarterback and coming up with negative nicknames for him, then you know something is quite wrong.

Romo is a better quarterback for obvious reasons. Do you really want me to take the time and explain them to you?
              I'm over it bro. Moving on.....

The Niners just signed Karl Paymah, effectively replacing the spot vacated by Hudson, who signed with the Panthers last week.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-contract.html

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

You know what, go ahead and state your reasons.

Comment

I'm over it bro. Moving on.....

The Niners just signed Karl Paymah, effectively replacing the spot vacated by Hudson, who signed with the Panthers last week.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...-contract.html
                  In an attempt to help your quest of moving the discussion away from Romo and Cutler, I thought would respond :D

I hope Paymah is just there for camp. I'm kinda sick of the Niners grabbing players just for special teams value. I know there was hope that Hudson would evolve into a player that could play as a DB, but in all honesty he was also a waste of a roster spot for the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    You know what, go ahead and state your reasons.
                    That Romo is the better starter over Cutler? Well the big knock is obviously the interceptions. Cutler just throws way too many of them compared to his touchdown percentage, which is also actually quite lower as well. Same thing goes with yards per attempt. All considerably lower. I won't really knock on Cutler too much with his first season in Chicago since he was in his first year with a new team. But even back in Denver, Cutler wasn't that great. He may improve, but I'd be surprised if he becomes significantly better than the player he already is.

But people shouldn't really have to look at stats to justify the reasoning. The play on the field speaks for itself. Cutler just doesn't make that many good decisions with the football to be considered better than Romo in my opinion. And doesn't make nearly as many big plays.

Comment

• There are some rumors going around that Mcloughan might be stepping down as GM. If this is true, I'm gonna have to take a break from being a Niner fan guys. Scot was pretty much the only football mind I really respected that we had left in the organization, and for him to leave right before the draft, THIS particular draft, it's just too much to handle.

I can already tell why he would leave, and I don't blame him. Jed has fallen in love with Singletary and his marketing potential, and Scot knows this is not the way to build a winning football franchise. I remember when Scot brought in a great list of OC candidates for us to interview and Sing scared them all away, that was pretty much the first sign. It really made me think why Scot would hang around such ineptitude. Anyways, it's been fun debating on what the niners should do with this draft and talking about the team, but I need a break....we're screwed. Peace yall.....if this happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman
                        He's above average, but I'd rather have ANY of the starting QBs below on my team over Romo.

Aaron Rodgers
                        Drew Brees
                        Peyton Manning
                        Tom Brady
                        Philip Rivers
                        Matt Schaub
                        Brett Favre
                        Ben Roethlisberger
                        Jay Cutler
                        Donovan McNabb
                        Eli Manning
                        Matt Ryan
                        Joe Flacco
                        I would take Romo over Favre, Roethlisberger, Cutler, Ryan and Flacco but not the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          There are some rumors going around that Mcloughan might be stepping down as GM. If this is true, I'm gonna have to take a break from being a Niner fan guys. Scot was pretty much the only football mind I really respected that we had left in the organization, and for him to leave right before the draft, THIS particular draft, it's just too much to handle.

I can already tell why he would leave, and I don't blame him. Jed has fallen in love with Singletary and his marketing potential, and Scot knows this is not the way to build a winning football franchise. I remember when Scot brought in a great list of OC candidates for us to interview and Sing scared them all away, that was pretty much the first sign. It really made me think why Scot would hang around such ineptitude. Anyways, it's been fun debating on what the niners should do with this draft and talking about the team, but I need a break....we're screwed. Peace yall.....if this happens.
                          If McCloughan leaves, I think that it will be after the Draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                            There are some rumors going around that Mcloughan might be stepping down as GM. If this is true, I'm gonna have to take a break from being a Niner fan guys. Scot was pretty much the only football mind I really respected that we had left in the organization, and for him to leave right before the draft, THIS particular draft, it's just too much to handle.

Seriously hope you're not right but I can't see what would justify this. Honestly, it's just dumb to even think we'd be forcing him out now, five weeks before the draft. And I agree, he's the main reason I've had faith that things were on the way up. Singletary's a damn good motivator but that only goes so far-- McCloughan's the one who's been slowly but steadily building up our talent base for the past five years. It would absolutely suck if we're getting rid of him for something as stupid as this.

Comment

• I cant understand why they would want to push him out. Is it the result of a power struggle? His track record has been so good recently; this would really be a shame if he wasn't leaving under his own volition.

Comment

• Agent: McCloughan won't voluntarily step down
                                This scares me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information