Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like McNabb but no way in hell would I trade for him. He's too old and trading away a first round draft pick would be a stupid ass move.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      I like McNabb but no way in hell would I trade for him. He's too old and trading away a first round draft pick would be a stupid ass move.
      Nobody said anything about a first rounder. It would take less to get him than Kolb.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
        I just saw an article on ESPN about us getting McNabb you have to be an insider to read it though.
        Saw that too, seems like pure speculation. The teeny little bit you can read says something like, 'now with McCloughan out, will the 49ers front office make a move for McNabb to replace Smith?'
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• the mcnabb rumor is mostly based on this kawakami article http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...er-mccloughan/
          he then makes the jump to saying mcnabb would be the guy if york did push for everything stated by TK.
          we all scoff at this, however i'm guessing i would be the least upset if it did happen. i think a change in scenery would do wonders for mcnabb. philly fans have treated him as badly and as irrationally as any fanbase with any qb i can remember. i also saw him against SF either last year or two years ago (i think the latter) and he was flat out awesome.

Comment

• I wouldn't be 100% against McNabb if they were set to try and win it all now. If the Niners were to fill a couple more needs on the line and in the secondary, bringing in a QB with that much experience is a good thing. He hasn't proven to be a Super Bowl winner, but he has definitely been under appreciated by Philly fans his whole career. Bringing in McNugget this season would equal the end of the Alex Smith project and give us a 3 year window to win it all before having to possibly rebuild. It's a risk but if you look at all the factors, it could lead to a ring.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
              Nobody said anything about a first rounder. It would take less to get him than Kolb.
              Originally posted by king2am
              Saw that too, seems like pure speculation. The teeny little bit you can read says something like, 'now with McCloughan out, will the 49ers front office make a move for McNabb to replace Smith?'
              Originally posted by FG4prez
              the mcnabb rumor is mostly based on this kawakami article http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...er-mccloughan/
              he then makes the jump to saying mcnabb would be the guy if york did push for everything stated by TK. we all scoff at this, however i'm guessing i would be the least upset if it did happen. i think a change in scenery would do wonders for mcnabb. philly fans have treated him as badly and as irrationally as any fanbase with any qb i can remember. i also saw him against SF either last year or two years ago (i think the latter) and he was flat out awesome.
              Rumors have it that the Eagles wouldnt take anything less than a first rounder for McNabb. Kolb isnt going anywhere period. Vick is the one I see being traded before the Draft or on Draft day itself. Trading a first rounder for McNabb plus giving him a contract extension since he's a UFA after 2010 would be a stupid ass move because we're an 8-8 team, NOT a 13-3 team coming off an OT loss in the NFC Championship game.

And quite honestly, I like McNabb but the one game he'll forever be rembered in wil be the SB loss to NE when he became McChoke. He has the flu but cant suck it up for four hours??? Give me a break. For everyone who bashes T.O., he came back from a broken fibula and put on an MVP type performance but sadly, Andy Reid with his stupid playcalling and McChoke put on a disappointing performance. Make matters worse, McNabb was the $100m dollar man at the time so im sorry if I think he should have sucked it up for four hours.

The ONLY way I would even want McNabb is if T.O. tags along because when you look at their stats, McNabb's BEST season was in 2004 with T.O. and 2004 is in Owens top five seasons.

I will say that Philly fans have treated him badly which makes no sense to me but in the end, I dont think that it would be a good move for us long term. It would only hurt us because in a few years, we'll have the same problem - looking for a franchise QB but with extra money spent and a loss of a possible first rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman
                I wouldn't be 100% against McNabb if they were set to try and win it all now. If the Niners were to fill a couple more needs on the line and in the secondary, bringing in a QB with that much experience is a good thing. He hasn't proven to be a Super Bowl winner, but he has definitely been under appreciated by Philly fans his whole career. Bringing in McNugget this season would equal the end of the Alex Smith project and give us a 3 year window to win it all before having to possibly rebuild. It's a risk but if you look at all the factors, it could lead to a ring.
                This I dont understand. You would be willing to trade a possible first rounder for McNabb, give him an extension since he's a UFA after 2010 and possibly have to rebuild once he's done and look for another franchise QB but yet at the same time, you have no interest in making an offer to Atogwe or Panthers CB Richard Marshall??? Sorry, but this makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever but then again, thats just me.

Comment

This I dont understand. You would be willing to trade a possible first rounder for McNabb, give him an extension since he's a UFA after 2010 and possibly have to rebuild once he's done and look for another franchise QB but yet at the same time, you have no interest in making an offer to Atogwe or Panthers CB Richard Marshall??? Sorry, but this makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever but then again, thats just me.
                  I didn't say that I'd trade a 1st Rounder McNabb. I was just looking at the reality of the situation IF he was brought in. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st Rounder for him, but if he could be obtained for less, I believe it would signal "win now" mode for the Niners, with a couple year window to get a Championship.

Where in my comment did I say anything about Atogwe or Marshall?!?! I'm on record in this forum that I'd really like them to go after Atogwe, considering the fact at what he was tendered, his age, our need at S, and his connection to Sing. I'd really like to see him in a Niners uniform next year but it has NOTHING to do with whether or not they bring in McNabb. The whole McNugget convo is a complete hypothetical anyway as it doesn't look like them mild rumors about it have ANY legs.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                    Yeah I agree, pure speculation. From everything I have read the Eagles want a first rounder for McNabb, and the only team I've heard has interest is the Rams.

York also just came out saying Alex Smith "is our guy." I honestly don't see them signing, picking or trading for anyone who would take his job or even compete for it. This is Alex's year to succeed or fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      I didn't say that I'd trade a 1st Rounder McNabb. I was just looking at the reality of the situation IF he was brought in. I wouldn't want to trade a 1st Rounder for him, but if he could be obtained for less, I believe it would signal "win now" mode for the Niners, with a couple year window to get a Championship.

Where in my comment did I say anything about Atogwe or Marshall?!?! I'm on record in this forum that I'd really like them to go after Atogwe, considering the fact at what he was tendered, his age, our need at S, and his connection to Sing. I'd really like to see him in a Niners uniform next year but it has NOTHING to do with whether or not they bring in McNabb. The whole McNugget convo is a complete hypothetical anyway as it doesn't look like them mild rumors about it have ANY legs.
                      You didnt say you would but until now, you didnt say you wouldnt either. It would signal a win now mode for the 49ers but their still a few pieces of the puzzle from being complete and McNabb cant fill those other pieces.

Nowhere but considering you're always bashing the idea of going after Marshall and/or Atogwe every time I bring it up, you dont have to mention it. I would rather have Atogwe instead of Lewis and Marshall instead of drafting a rookie CB with our second round draft pick.

I hope it just rumors because I dont want to see it happen. If QB was the only position we needed in order to be complete and we still had two first rounders, then I would most likely offer a first rounder for McNabb but since thats not the case, I wouldnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030
                        York also just came out saying Alex Smith "is our guy." I honestly don't see them signing, picking or trading for anyone who would take his job or even compete for it. This is Alex's year to succeed or fail.
                        While I hope thats true, for some reason I wouldnt be surprised if we ended up drafting a QB in the first round OR if Carr is the week one starter.

Barring injury, I really hope that Smith is the starter for the entire season because with him having one year left on his contract, its time to see if he's our franchise QB or if we need to find another one.

Comment

While I hope thats true, for some reason I wouldnt be surprised if we ended up drafting a QB in the first round OR if Carr is the week one starter.
                          Both of those scenarios would surprise me. I doubt anyone we could draft, outside of Clausen and Bradford, would beat Smith out. I also doubt we would have a shot at Bradford or Clausen. I also doubt we would trade up for one of them as well.

I just don't see Carr beating out Smith. This is more versed in the offense and, IMO, is a better player.
                          Last edited by thediggler3030; 03-24-2010, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• hehehe dan i think you are a little shellshocked w/ the atogwe stuff. and then you say that the only way you'd want McNabb is if they brought TO with him! i think you enjoy people thinking you are outrageous...

"Hey Donovan, Yea, dis TO. we're getting the band back together."

:)

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                              Both of those scenarios would surprise me. I doubt anyone we could draft, outside of Clausen and Bradford, would beat Smith out. I also doubt we would have a shot at Bradford or Clausen. I also doubt we would trade up for one of them as well.

I just don't see Carr beating out Smith. This is more versed in the offense and, IMO, is a better player.
                              If Hill could beat Smith out a year ago, I wouldnt be surprised to see Carr do the same thing. I always thought that Carr could be a good QB but the Texans never built their OL, mainly, their two OT spots and that killed Carr which in turn killed his confidenc and everything else.

I dont think we would have a shot at Bradford but Clausen might slip to where we could trade up and get him.

Do I want us to draft a QB in any round - NO.
                              Would I be surprised if we draft a QB in the first round - NO.
                              Would I be surprised if Carr is the week one starter - NO.
                              Would I be pissed off if any of the above actually happens - YES.

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez
                                hehehe dan i think you are a little shellshocked w/ the atogwe stuff. and then you say that the only way you'd want McNabb is if they brought TO with him! i think you enjoy people thinking you are outrageous...

"Hey Donovan, Yea, dis TO. we're getting the band back together."

:)
                                I think Atogwe is at the very least worth making an offer for. If we're going to draft a CB in round two or round one depending on who's on our draft board, I would much rather make an offer for Marshall instead and send CAR our second rounder as compensation.

LMFAO!!! Actually, T.O. and McNabb were both on T.O.'s reality sow or Pros vs Joes but I dont remember which one. Either way, it was reported that they were talking and got along with each other. Owens was pissed back in 2005 because McNabb choked in the Super Bowl because he had the flu when Owens worked his ass off and slept in a hyperbaric (sp?) chamber in order to have his broken fibula heal faster. Seriously, I dont care if you like T.O. or not, if you were him and the same thing happened to you, you would be ******* pissed off. I know I would be. Hell, I was pissed and im just a fan.

Look at McNabb's stats for 2004, its STILL his best season. And if you look at 2005, Owens was on pace to possibly break Rice's single season receiving yards record before he was suspended. Subtract Owens and McNabb's stats are BAD to say the least. That's pretty damn good for a QB who has a broken sternum and a guy for who he's not getting along with.

I they're on the same page, they're arguably the best QB/WR combo in the league. No one could stop T.O. in 2004 and the only other weapon Philly had was Westbrook. Compare the 2004 Eagles offense to our 2010 offense - Crabtree is already better than Pinkston/Mitchell, Davis is better than Smith, Gore is better than Westbrook as a RB and then if you add a finesse back like Spiller plus T.O., forget about it.

If both are healthy and the OC actually uses his brain (which yeah, I know, its questionable), they could surpass Brady/Moss from 2007.

I would be lying if I said that I havent thought of a McNabb/T.O. reunion in SF but at the same time, I know its not going to happen. While I would have already brought back T.O. (and release Brandon Jones), I wouldnt trade a first rounder for McNabb. A third rounder and Carr for McNabb - definitely. A second rounder, highly unlikely since if it was up to me, I would already have Richard Marshall and my second rounder would be gone anyway.

All this T.O./McNabb stuff is MY way of having fun with all the rumors and speculation. And while I know realistically that nothing im hoping for will happen, thats when I play ESPN NFL 2K5. Tee hee. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information