This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post

All this T.O./McNabb stuff is MY way of having fun with all the rumors and speculation. And while I know realistically that nothing im hoping for will happen, thats when I play ESPN NFL 2K5. Tee hee. :)
    Time to update the game and step into some reality bro. Get the new Madden and sim-GM the Niners to a championship with all your ideas. :)

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
      Time to update the game and step into some reality bro. Get the new Madden and sim-GM the Niners to a championship with all your ideas. :)
      Actually, I do update the game but not as much as I used to because I just dont have the time and/or patience to do so. As for CRAPadden, no thanks. I bought 2010 for 360 and the gameplay still sucked and the presentation (despite EA paying ESPN millions over a 15 year deal) isnt even half of what 2K5 was and thats just sad.

http://nfl2k5rosters.com/

^^^^^

Thats where I go for updated rosters, playbooks, depth charts, schedules, etc. And for anyone who knows, FINN's editor upgraded 2K5 more than wht EA has done with Madden in the same time frame and best of all - its FREE.

Comment

• P.S. -Waiting for BACKBREAKER May 25th for PS3. :)

Comment

• interesting points although TO isn't nearly the WR he was in 04.

As for the Atogwe stuff, im sure its been said before but not signing atogwe now puts the pressure on the rams to sign him. if not, he'll be UFA after april 15. then we can snag him because you know he'd take less to play on a contender. i actually think this is pretty likely...

Comment

If Hill could beat Smith out a year ago, I wouldnt be surprised to see Carr do the same thing. I always thought that Carr could be a good QB but the Texans never built their OL, mainly, their two OT spots and that killed Carr which in turn killed his confidenc and everything else.

I dont think we would have a shot at Bradford but Clausen might slip to where we could trade up and get him.

Do I want us to draft a QB in any round - NO.
            Would I be surprised if we draft a QB in the first round - NO.
            Would I be surprised if Carr is the week one starter - NO.
            Would I be pissed off if any of the above actually happens - YES.
            The Niners are going to start Smith this year for the exact same reason they gave Hill the nod last year. He performed well enough at the end of last season to earn a shot this year. I really don't think there was even a competition last year... Hill was the obvious choice the whole time, just as Smith is now.

Yeah you could say the same thing about Joey Harrington, Akili Smith and Tim Couch. Part of the reason I think many high pick QB's fail is because they lose their confidence. At this point in their careers, Smith is a much better QB than Carr. IMO.

Extrapolate his stats over a full year and Smith was on pace for 26 TDs, 16 picks and 3,400 yards. That's the best year any Niners' QB has had since Garcia.

Like I said before, I highly doubt the Niners trade up, but if they did, it certainly would be for an OT over a QB.
            Last edited by thediggler3030; 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez
              interesting points although TO isn't nearly the WR he was in 04.

As for the Atogwe stuff, im sure its been said before but not signing atogwe now puts the pressure on the rams to sign him. if not, he'll be UFA after april 15. then we can snag him because you know he'd take less to play on a contender. i actually think this is pretty likely...
              While a lot of people think T.O. has lost a step or two but im not one of them because when a WR/RB, ect. starts to decline, you can tell by his average. Owens averaged 15.1 yards per reception which was better than Davis, Crabtree and Morgan and when you consider the offenses, I would say thats pretty impressive for a WR who everyone thinks is declining.

Yeah, I know about Atogwe possibly becoming an UFA in June or whatever but here's why I wouldnt wait -

First, you would most likely be competing with other teams in order to sign him and second, he'll miss some of the off-season OTA's and stuff which puts him behind going into training camp. Since no compensation is required, I would after him NOW and not worry about things I cant control. I would make him a good offer and see if he accepts. If he does and the Rams dont, great. If he doesnt or the Rams match, no big deal. Just move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                The Niners are going to start Smith this year for the exact same reason they gave Hill the nod last year. He performed well enough at the end of last season to earn a shot this year. I really don't think there was even a competition last year... Hill was the obvious choice the whole time, just as Smith is now.

Yeah you could say the same thing about Joey Harrington, Akili Smith and Tim Couch. Part of the reason I think many high pick QB's fail is because they lose their confidence. At this point in their careers, Smith is a much better QB than Carr. IMO.

Extrapolate his stats over a full year and Smith was on pace for 26 TDs, 16 picks and 3,400 yards. That's the best year any Niners' QB has had since Garcia.

Like I said before, I highly doubt the Niners trade up, but if they did, it certainly would be for an OT over a QB.
                I hope you're right beause I do want Smith to play the entire season no matter what so we can see what happens in regards to who'll be our franchise QB after 2010. He'll be 26 in May which means he's still young and can hopefully become as good as Rodgers did for GB. He has more weapons on offense now than he did in 2006 and if RT can be solved, then he should have a great chance at having a Pro Bowl caliber season.

I doubt the Niners trade up too but in the end, if they do and for a QB, I wouldnt be surprised one damn bit but I'll definitely go on profanity laced tirade so everyone should prepare themselves just in case. LOL.

Comment

• Look at McNabb's stats for 2004, its STILL his best season. And if you look at 2005, Owens was on pace to possibly break Rice's single season receiving yards record before he was suspended. Subtract Owens and McNabb's stats are BAD to say the least. That's pretty damn good for a QB who has a broken sternum and a guy for who he's not getting along with.

I they're on the same page, they're arguably the best QB/WR combo in the league. No one could stop T.O. in 2004 and the only other weapon Philly had was Westbrook. Compare the 2004 Eagles offense to our 2010 offense - Crabtree is already better than Pinkston/Mitchell, Davis is better than Smith, Gore is better than Westbrook as a RB and then if you add a finesse back like Spiller plus T.O., forget about it.
                  You know what Dan, you've actually convinced me. I'll get on the horn to the FO and try and get them to sort a deal...but just so we're clear; you're providing the time machine right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                    You know what Dan, you've actually convinced me. I'll get on the horn to the FO and try and get them to sort a deal...but just so we're clear; you're providing the time machine right?
                    LMFAO!!!

You have no idea how much I wish I had one and it's not even football related.

Comment

or they're just not good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        or they're just not good.
                        Lot of people have said the same thing about David Carr and Alex Smith...

Comment

Lot of people have said the same thing about Alex Smith...
                          You definitely have to wonder how Smith's career would have gone if we never lost Norv Turner.

Comment

• I read last night that there were rumors going around that the Eagles are going to trade McNabb to the Rams for their second round draft pick (33 overall) and FS O.J. Atogwe.

The Eagles definitely need a FS (personally, I think that they should have just kept Dawkins) and while this is just a rumor, im worried because if Bradford's pro workout day doesnt go good, I wouldnt be surprised to see this trade rumor actually happen.

Regardless of whether or not this trade rumor is true, come on Jed, make a damn offer to Atogwe before its too damn late.

Comment

I read last night that there were rumors going around that the Eagles are going to trade McNabb to the Rams for their second round draft pick (33 overall) and FS O.J. Atogwe.

The Eagles definitely need a FS (personally, I think that they should have just kept Dawkins) and while this is just a rumor, im worried because if Bradford's pro workout day doesnt go good, I wouldnt be surprised to see this trade rumor actually happen.

Regardless of whether or not this trade rumor is true, come on Jed, make a damn offer to Atogwe before its too damn late.
                              Is there a no trade clause in McNabbs contract?..why would he go to the Rams?

Comment

I read last night that there were rumors going around that the Eagles are going to trade McNabb to the Rams for their second round draft pick (33 overall) and FS O.J. Atogwe.

Rams Coach Spagnolo said there was nothing to this. It sounds like pure rumor to me. I know there's a lot of posturing right now with teams, but most caches would be vague instead of flat-out denying something, especially if there had been talks or there was interest. I think that trade sucks for what the Rams are trying to do anyway.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information