This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    I read last night that there were rumors going around that the Eagles are going to trade McNabb to the Rams for their second round draft pick (33 overall) and FS O.J. Atogwe.

The Eagles definitely need a FS (personally, I think that they should have just kept Dawkins) and while this is just a rumor, im worried because if Bradford's pro workout day doesnt go good, I wouldnt be surprised to see this trade rumor actually happen.

Regardless of whether or not this trade rumor is true, come on Jed, make a damn offer to Atogwe before its too damn late.
    http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzon...olutely-false/

I've yet to read one substantiated report of any team making or even thinking of making an offer for Atogwe. I think most teams expect him to hit the open market this June.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-inevitable/

I dont care what any HC, GM or anyone from any team for that matter say because 99/100, they're bsing. I dont see why the Rams wold even tender Atogwe at the lowest level if they're just going to let him leave. It doesnt make any sense. I'm guessing that they're trying to keep him cheap but either way, Jed should make an offer now and see if Atogwe accepts it. Thats all im asking for and quite honestly, I dont think that its asking too much. If he somehow gets traded to the Eagles, he's not going anywhere so please, Jed, make a damn offer to Atogwe. Making Atogwe an offer and him signing it makes him unavailable as trade bait to any team.

And I know what's going to happen, even if Atogwe doesnt get traded, I see him getting an offer from some other team before the deadline and he'll be gone. Either way, unless we make an offer for him now, I dont see us getting him period.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-inevitable/

I dont care what any HC, GM or anyone from any team for that matter say because 99/100, they're bsing. I dont see why the Rams wold even tender Atogwe at the lowest level if they're just going to let him leave. It doesnt make any sense. I'm guessing that they're trying to keep him cheap but either way, Jed should make an offer now and see if Atogwe accepts it. Thats all im asking for and quite honestly, I dont think that its asking too much. If he somehow gets traded to the Eagles, he's not going anywhere so please, Jed, make a damn offer to Atogwe. Making Atogwe an offer and him signing it makes him unavailable as trade bait to any team.

And I know what's going to happen, even if Atogwe doesnt get traded, I see him getting an offer from some other team before the deadline and he'll be gone. Either way, unless we make an offer for him now, I dont see us getting him period.
        I don't understand why you posted that link, it doesn't even talk about Atogwe.

I think Atogwe and the Rams will get a longterm deal worked out, or he will hit the open market. I think teams are aware that they have little chance of grabbing him while the Rams can match, and that they might as well wait until that situation plays out.

Like I said earlier dude, we clearly don't know the entire situation. Gotta accept that we are just fans and never know the entire picture.

Overall I think the Niners have done a great job in Free Agency since the Donahue era ended. They sign some big money players, but the contracts are always really smart. I honestly trust they know what they are doing and that I never know the whole picture. They do make mistakes, but I think they make sensible moves normally.

Comment

• I think we are done in FA personally and need to focus on the draft which is rapdily approaching

Comment

• is it me or does he look much more muscular?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Personally, I don't think Pac-man is the type of individual that fit's into the 49ers way of doing thing.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

is it me or does he look much more muscular?
                Hope he hasn't been hanging out with Merriman's "doctors.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Yes his arms look much bigger. His arms were alot smaller during the season.

Comment

• http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollo...il-june-1.html

The above is an article about why no team has gone after Atogwe and we already know it but I wanted to post it because there's two things that arent mentioned in that article.

1) It doesnt mention the fact that as long as Atogwe isnt under contract with any team, he's not required to show up for any of the off-season activities which hurts whatever team he'll be on in 2010.

2) It doesnt mention the fact that there's a chance that Atogwe signs his tender after the draft if he thinks that the teams who are in need for a FS end up drafting one.

I know everyone here would rather wait but if we're one of the teams thats waiting for June 1st to see if he becomes an UFA (which is 50/50 at best) before going after him, I still say go after him now instead of having to compete with other teams who'll also want to sign him because that will jack up his price.

Comment

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollo...il-june-1.html

The above is an article about why no team has gone after Atogwe and we already know it but I wanted to post it because there's two things that arent mentioned in that article.

1) It doesnt mention the fact that as long as Atogwe isnt under contract with any team, he's not required to show up for any of the off-season activities which hurts whatever team he'll be on in 2010.

2) It doesnt mention the fact that there's a chance that Atogwe signs his tender after the draft if he thinks that the teams who are in need for a FS end up drafting one.

I know everyone here would rather wait but if we're one of the teams thats waiting for June 1st to see if he becomes an UFA (which is 50/50 at best) before going after him, I still say go after him now instead of having to compete with other teams who'll also want to sign him because that will jack up his price.
                      Good find Dan. I think he hit the nail on the head.

I've been theorizing this for a little while now. I had yet to figure all the details though, this put it in a good perspective.

I also pointed out his point about the poison pill earlier. It just doesn't seem like an option anymore.

They most likely wouldn't get him now, unless they gave him a huge deal that the Rams are unwilling to match, meaning it would most likely be a bad deal value wise.

Comment

Scary to think about how good he did last year with literally no OTA's, mini-camp, Training Camp, and limited practice being hurt, and how good he could actually get by being healthy all off-season and doing all of these things.

Sky is the limit. I'm excited to see what type of leap he takes, he's always been a hard worker and I see no reason he shouldn't develop into a top 10 WR in the NFL here soon.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Sky is the limit. I'm excited to see what type of leap he takes, he's always been a hard worker and I see no reason he shouldn't develop into a top 10 WR in the NFL here soon.
                          If you go to the Niners' website, they have video from our recent OTAs, and you just see Crabs make ridiculous catches as if it's boring him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I've been hearing good things about Alex Boone from the OTAs. Apparently if you have a picture in your head of how he was looking back when we acquired him, he's almost unrecognizable. I hope he can end up playing to his potential.

Comment

• a starting right tackle already on the roster?

Comment

• Since we're probably not gonna get Gaither. I think Anthony Davis might be the pick. I think he is pretty great value at #17 and wouldn't be mad at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information