This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by binary View Post
    Since we're probably not gonna get Gaither. I think Anthony Davis might be the pick. I think he is pretty great value at #17 and wouldn't be mad at it.
    I would do backflips if he were there at 17, I would be pretty mad if we passed on him at 13 in the first place though.

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

• no but he could be the a long time back up to the RT position.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
        Since we're probably not gonna get Gaither.
        Why not?

Is he about to be traded to someone else? I don't understand why the niners wouldn't go all out for this guy..

Comment

• Davis would be a good pick I think because we know he can do it all physically, the only issue is someone needs to light a fire under his ass. If Singletary, Solari, and Ray Brown can't do that together, no one could.

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
            Davis would be a good pick I think because we know he can do it all physically, the only issue is someone needs to light a fire under his ass. If Singletary, Solari, and Ray Brown can't do that together, no one could.
            True, but that's the concern with Davis, thus why he is apparently falling on Draft boards. They can do all the motivating they want, but he has to want it as well and be able to be coached. If not, he's a bust waiting to happen.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
              True, but that's the concern with Davis, thus why he is apparently falling on Draft boards. They can do all the motivating they want, but he has to want it as well and be able to be coached. If not, he's a bust waiting to happen.
              Yeah you can only motivate someone so much before their true colors shine through. You can motivate them to heck on the field, but who's gonna stop the guy from hitting the buffet? Also why I'm extremely weary when it comes to Ahmad Brooks too.

Comment

• What do you guys think about Joe Haden? If he's as hyped up as people say he is, I personally would love another good corner to go along with the secondary. Spencer made some strides, but it was only one good season and Nate Clements will be having a microscope under him. Brown is best suited for backup duty for the time being. Too bad we released Hudson. I'd rather have him than Paymah.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• As a lot of mock drafters have Spiller going to the niners, do you guys think they might try to trade for darren sproles instead? Think it is a move that could make a lot of sense, and I don't think it would have to cost them a 1st rounder...

Comment

• At #13, if both are on the board, does San Fran take Joe Haden or Earl Thomas?

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      At #13, if both are on the board, does San Fran take Joe Haden or Earl Thomas?
                      Haden is the better value if he falls that far

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        At #13, if both are on the board, does San Fran take Joe Haden or Earl Thomas?
                        I think the team would definitely take Haden-- not just from a value standpoint but also because he meshes better with the team philosophy. Haden has good size for a corner and is solid out on the edge against the run. Thomas' biggest liability is his side and ability to come up and stop the run. Look at the kind of safeties/corners SF has employed over the past few years and I think you can see they're definitely concerned about a DBs ability to do that.

Comment

• With the Philly sending Sheldon Brown to the Browns today..its looking like Haden COULD actually do a Crabtree and fall to us at #13...im not saying he will..but it wouldnt surprise me.

Comment

• The Chargers tendered Sproles at the highest level. A first and a third so thats not going to happen.

I still want Spiller. The guy would be a great value at 13 and a possible steal in my opinion considering the fact that he's ranked as the best RB in the draft.

As for Haden or Thomas, I would draft Thomas.

A few side notes -

We signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a two year deal and the Cowboys released LT Flozell Adams. Any thoughts on signing him to start at RT instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              The Chargers tendered Sproles at the highest level. A first and a third so thats not going to happen.

I still want Spiller. The guy would be a great value at 13 and a possible steal in my opinion considering the fact that he's ranked as the best RB in the draft.

As for Haden or Thomas, I would draft Thomas.

A few side notes -

We signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a two year deal and the Cowboys released LT Flozell Adams. Any thoughts on signing him to start at RT instead?
                              Id actually be interested in signing him and moving him to guard..

Comment

• Can he play OG?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information