• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Can he play OG?
    Not sure..thats what im saying...but id be interested in seeing if he could

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post

We signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a two year deal and the Cowboys released LT Flozell Adams. Any thoughts on signing him to start at RT instead?
      Flozell would be a tempting stopgap. He gave up 8 sacks last year but his nastiness is something the line has been missing since Larry Allen left. Plus it could let SF go BPA with both picks, round 1, and take a project tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round and not rush him into the starting job.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        Flozell would be a tempting stopgap. He gave up 8 sacks last year but his nastiness is something the line has been missing since Larry Allen left. Plus it could let SF go BPA with both picks, round 1, and take a project tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round and not rush him into the starting job.
        We've already a couple of Adams style stopgaps though. I think if there's a top tier tackle available at our pick we have to pull the trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          Being nasty doesn't equal production though. If you aren't a good player you aren't a good player...period. That's like saying good locker room chemistry on a team without talent is going to bring you wins. Adams had his day in the sun, but he's over the hill and a headache as far as penalties are concerned.

Originally posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
          Not sure..thats what im saying...but id be interested in seeing if he could
          Hopefully we can sign Chester Pitts to play guard. If we do make a move in free agency, I'd like him to be our guy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• i think the real question is: if Haden and Anthony Davis are both on the board, who do you take?

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
              I think the team would definitely take Haden-- not just from a value standpoint but also because he meshes better with the team philosophy. Haden has good size for a corner and is solid out on the edge against the run. Thomas' biggest liability is his side and ability to come up and stop the run. Look at the kind of safeties/corners SF has employed over the past few years and I think you can see they're definitely concerned about a DBs ability to do that.
              I would go with Thomas, only if he's recovered fully from tweaking his hamstring in Texas' Pro Day last wk.

Thanks, great Chron article on Boone. I hope he finally cracks the starting lineup.

Hell no the 9ers don't want Flozell Adams, only if they want to lead the league in penalty yardage. He's a complete fool -- Nobody has blown more snap counts in wks. 16-17 while his team is at home, just no excuse for that. Dallas only cut him after re-upping him to a big contract 2 yrs. ago b/c Doug Free has really impressed Houck last yr. & will take his job, they may go OL in later rds. later this month for depth. But this puts Dallas in competition with SF for a safety, & SF has 2 picks before Dallas at #27, so I think Dallas will have to move up to acquire Thomas, unless they're willing to settle for Taylor Mays. Or is Seattle & Carrol interested in him? Are the 9ers interested in Mays for an impact rookie at safety?

Also, kicker Joe Nedney turned 37 last month. Any thoughts on him playing past age 40 or is he gong into a retirement yr? He's one of the biggest kickers in the league at 6-5, 237, one of the best too, & he's from here in San Jose, local hero at the neighborhood Italian restaurant where I live. He said he wants to play out the remainder of his career here, IDK when he plans to call it quits.
              Last edited by LizardState; 04-04-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                i think the real question is: if Haden and Anthony Davis are both on the board, who do you take?
                best player available.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                  i think the real question is: if Haden and Anthony Davis are both on the board, who do you take?
                  My instinct would be Haden because I think the dropoff from him to the next group of wide receivers is bigger than the drop off from Davis to, say, Charles Brown. But I wouldn't be terribly frustrated either way.

Comment

My instinct would be Haden because I think the dropoff from him to the next group of wide receivers is bigger than the drop off from Davis to, say, Charles Brown. But I wouldn't be terribly frustrated either way.
                    I'm tempted to go with Haden too, but I don't think playing him at WR would be a very good idea...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      Being nasty doesn't equal production though. If you aren't a good player you aren't a good player...period. That's like saying good locker room chemistry on a team without talent is going to bring you wins. Adams had his day in the sun, but he's over the hill and a headache as far as penalties are concerned.

Hopefully we can sign Chester Pitts to play guard. If we do make a move in free agency, I'd like him to be our guy.
                      Point is he is still an upgrade of what the 49ers currently have on the roster.
                      I won't disagree that he is starting to slowly wear down but he hasn't missed a start the last 3 seasons and we saw how much it hurt Dallas when he came off the field in that playoff loss to Minn. Reason I bring up nastiness is he would be a good mentor for the young line but also matches Singletary's vision for the offensive line.

Also I am still not sold on drafting a tackle in round one unless he has the ability to become a LT. I think unless a guy, like Anthony Davis, falls the 49ers would be better off getting a combo like Haden and Spiller and signing Adams could put SF in a position to do that.

Comment

• Current gut feeling about Niners' first round picks:

Joe Haden or C.J. Spiller at 13
                        Charles Brown or Dan Williams at 17

I dont know why, but for some reason Dan Williams stands out to me as someone they Niners would like. Charles Brown seems like a reach at 17, yet, it feels like a strong possibility.

Comment

• Off Maiocco's twitter:
                          MattMaiocco: If top 3 tackles are off board, I'd think strong chance 49ers would grab CB. RT @Cwing49ers If Haden is there do you think they choose him?
                          I still have a hard time believing Singletary will pass on a tackle with pick 13, considering how much he wanted Michael Oher last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                            I'm tempted to go with Haden too, but I don't think playing him at WR would be a very good idea...
                            haha, my bad, meant cornerbacks, obviously ;)

And Brent, I get the feeling they like Charles Brown too. He reminds me a lot of Staley coming out of college. I wonder if maybe they'd consider making a trade to land a pick in the 20s to snag him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
                              Current gut feeling about Niners' first round picks:

Joe Haden or C.J. Spiller at 13
                              Charles Brown or Dan Williams at 17

I dont know why, but for some reason Dan Williams stands out to me as someone they Niners would like. Charles Brown seems like a reach at 17, yet, it feels like a strong possibility.
                              If I had to choose -

Spiller
                              Brown

Comment

And Brent, I get the feeling they like Charles Brown too. He reminds me a lot of Staley coming out of college. I wonder if maybe they'd consider making a trade to land a pick in the 20s to snag him?
                                I actually like Charles Brown, a lot. I would pretty happy about it, he's kind of flying under the radar in relation to the other OTs.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Spiller
                                Brown
                                I would be happy with either Haden or Spiller at 13, especially if we landed Brown at 17. I would actually prefer Haden because I love great defenses, but getting Spiller would be awesome because of his ridiculous game speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information