Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty happy the Niners didn't deal with second and fourth for McNabb. Just not worth that much in the longterm.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030
      Pretty happy the Niners didn't deal with second and fourth for McNabb. Just not worth that much in the longterm.
      Yeah, me too. How funny would it be if Shanahan signs T.O. who was rumored to be interested in him years ago when the Eagles released him back in 2006.

For some strange reason, I wouldnt shocked if that actually happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        Yeah, me too. How funny would it be if Shanahan signs T.O. who was rumored to be interested in him years ago when the Eagles released him back in 2006.

For some strange reason, I wouldnt shocked if that actually happens.
        They both claim to be friends again and played basketball together for "Joes vs Pros" early this month. I was hoping to see them in Oakland together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Current gut feeling about Niners' first round picks:

Joe Haden or C.J. Spiller at 13
          Charles Brown or Dan Williams at 17

I dont know why, but for some reason Dan Williams stands out to me as someone they Niners would like. Charles Brown seems like a reach at 17, yet, it feels like a strong possibility.
          I could definitely see them taking Williams at 17 as the NT of the future and surprising a lot of fans. That pick would be a Scotty Mac kind of pick tho, and I'm curious if we'll see a variance from that, with them possibly taking a CB in the First. I think our Draft will be less predictable now than it would have been with the previous Trigger.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• C.J. Spiller at 13
            Fixed it from MadErseman's quote. They need a return game more than they need an impact rookie on the OL. But they do need to fix that front 5 of the OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              They both claim to be friends again and played basketball together for "Joes vs Pros" early this month. I was hoping to see them in Oakland together.
              Oakland??? UGH. I was somewhat hoping to see them reunite in SF but I wouldnt mind seeing them reunite in WSH especially when they would be playing against PHI and DAL twice a year.

Comment

• Some tidbits from Matt Maiocco's blog post on the new Singletary/Baalke led world:
                http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...aft-board.html

On OTs:
                And if those four tackles (Okung, Trent Williams, Bryan Bulaga, Davis) are gone, the 49ers might hold off on a tackle until the second round. The vibed I picked up around the 49ers was McCloughan liked Charles Brown (USC) but others were less-convinced he is a mid-first-round talent.
                Sounds good, no problem with that.

On Jimmy Clausen:
                If Baalke and the consensus is that Clausen will be a standout quarterback, team president Jed York probably would not be opposed to having a another fellow Golden Domer join the organization.
                I actually wouldn't mind that as long as the QB isn't Colt McCoy or Tim....

On Tim Tebow:
                But as Singletary takes on more of a role - and don't kid yourself, he is taking on more of a role - it would not shock me if the 49ers used the No. 49 pick on one of the all-time great college football players.
                /sits in silence..........I am going to be rooting hard that the Pats take him round 2 with all the 2nd round picks they have.

Comment

• Interesting stuff..i cant even process the Clausen or Tebow stuff right now. However im beginning to come around to the idea of waiting on a RT if the big 4 arent there. Provided we can secure a Charles Brown or Roger Saffold later on.

Comment

• Damn dude. It just hit me.. Tebow is the best college football player ever. Wow. What a title..

Comment

• if we take tebow, my friends will never let me hear the end of it, and I'll probably want to throw up. I ******* hate tim tebow so much.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I'm not gonna be a 49er fan anymore if we pick Tebow.

Comment

• What would you guys say the chances of the Niners taking Jimmy Clausen if available at 13?

Im working on a mock draft and I currently have him there so just wondering.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                            What would you guys say the chances of the Niners taking Jimmy Clausen if available at 13?
                            Slim-to-very-unlikely.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              Slim-to-very-unlikely.
                              Okay Thanks. Well then back to editing the mock draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                                Okay Thanks. Well then back to editing the mock draft.
                                Just became more likely with the McNabb trade. Look at the top 12 teams. Only so many of them need QBs. If no one trades up for Clausen, and the Browns, Bill and Jags pass on him... Well he's gotta go sometime, and the Niners wouldn't hesitate if he was the top guy on the board.

I could see them trading back if that was the case though. A lot of teams would be interested I predict.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information