This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Wait a minute. A first rounder is too little but a first and a fifth for Edwards and their second isnt? You're kidding me right? Why would CLE trade Edwards and their second rounder for our first and our fifth? Thats even worse than just trading Edwards for a first rounder.
    That's what he said when he wrote "That's way too little compensation for an elite WR like Edwards"
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Didn't Edwards lead the league in dropped passes this year?

Comment

• The more and more I think of the draft and free agency the more clearer things are getting.

I really want us to take a shot at a FS. If William Moore was to slip to us, that would be great. I'm not too high on Taylor Mays as some others.

In the free agency that would great for us to Sign Gross and/or Suggs.

Comment

• Who do you guys think we will get in FA? I don't see us making a big splash this year (i dont think its wise long-term to break the bank on a RT). Here are my FA predictions

-LB Leroy Hill (Seahawks). 4 years, 15 million, 5.5 mil guaranteed.
          -FS Vince Fuller (Titans). 3 years, 11 million, 3.5 million guaranteed.

I wouldn't sign someone like Atogwe because he's a huge gambler and gets burned often. I don't think we re-sign Spikes, i see us going younger.

Comment

• We need to re-sign Spikes he has been awesome this year. I hope we don't go out and spend a ton of money this year. Us getting Suggs would not suprise me.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I'd rather sign Suggs as our BIG acquisition and Draft a OT to pair with Staley. I think it's easier to find a good OT in the Draft than predict who will be a dominant pass rusher.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Suggs would be great.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  Who do you guys think we will get in FA? I don't see us making a big splash this year (i dont think its wise long-term to break the bank on a RT). Here are my FA predictions

-LB Leroy Hill (Seahawks). 4 years, 15 million, 5.5 mil guaranteed.
                  -FS Vince Fuller (Titans). 3 years, 11 million, 3.5 million guaranteed.

I wouldn't sign someone like Atogwe because he's a huge gambler and gets burned often. I don't think we re-sign Spikes, i see us going younger.
                  Both those wouldnt be bad options but I would rather take Suggs over Hill.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    Both those wouldnt be bad options but I would rather take Suggs over Hill.
                    Yes if we sign anyone it should be Suggs.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• The chances of Suggs hitting FA has become better and here's why - Ray Lewis and Bart Scott are both UFA's as well. Obviously, only one of the three can be franchised and my guess would be Lewis. Granted, Baltimore could resign any combination of the three before the tagging deadline but if that doesnt happen and Suggs becomes an UFA, we should definitely go all out in signing him. For all the obvious reasons, signing Suggs would make up for not signing Thomas in 2007 and passing on Groves this past April.

Comment

• I dont believe Suggs leaves. He'll stay and they'll let Bart Scott go. Ed Hartwell sucked without Lewis, just like Scott will, and they have Gooden to take Scott's place. And you know Lewis isnt going to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          For all the obvious reasons, signing Suggs would make up for not signing Thomas in 2007 and passing on Groves this past April.
                          Though the jury is still out on Groves because he's a rookie, I believe Suggs will easily have the best career of the 3. Plus, he's just entering his prime and would be an above average, if not dominant player, throughout a long term deal he would sign. Can you imagine a core of Suggs, Man-Law and Willis together for the next 5-8+ years? Awesome!

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

I dont believe Suggs leaves. He'll stay and they'll let Bart Scott go. Ed Hartwell sucked without Lewis, just like Scott will, and they have Gooden to take Scott's place. And you know Lewis isnt going to leave.
                            True, Lewis is their franchise player and wouldn't likely leave. But that means that Suggs has a better chance to hit free agency.

Comment

• Looking back, I think discussing the situation with Thomas is irrelevant. He wasn't going to come here, I think he was just using us as leverage to raise his price with the Pats. He wanted to go somewhere where he could actually win a championship.

Comment

Looking back, I think discussing the situation with Thomas is irrelevant. He wasn't going to come here, I think he was just using us as leverage to raise his price with the Pats. He wanted to go somewhere where he could actually win a championship.
                                I suspect it might be the same with Suggs...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information