Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Glazer reports, on his twitter, Ted Ginn Jr has been traded to the 49ers details to come but if SF got him for a 5th this would be a great trade.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-to-san-fran/

It's a late round draft pick. I'm guessing its a 7th round draft pick which if his contract isnt crazy, could be the returner that we've been looking for. WR wise, could care less.

Comment

• Just read about Clausen on PFT. I'm NOT happy about that. Hopefully, he'll be gone before 13.

And I also read that the Eagles want to trade up but I dont want to trade down unless the top players im hoping for are gone. And quite honestly, if anything, I would trade 13 and my second or third to get into the top ten if Okung, Buluga or Williams falls but still keep 17.

I also want FS Earl Thomas if others are gone by 13 so I wouldnt trade with Philly knowing that they want him.

Comment

• just heard niners traded for ted ginn what u guys think. that really helps are return game and gives a good slot wr.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5099673

Thanks BoneKrusher for the sig

Comment

• Great move getting Ginn from a risk/reward standpoint. I approve.

Comment

• For a 5th round pick, I'm good with this. Solid deal.

Comment

• Last edited by king2am; 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM. Reason: code
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• HAHAHAHAHA.

GINN beat Revis badly on that play and people say Revis is the best cover CB in the league. I laugh at those who say that. HAHAHAHAHA.

WOW!!! Love the second return. Avoids a few would be tacklers and is then, just GONE!!!

Trading away our 5th for him is a good deal because now, we have our returner on kickoffs. Only concern is that he rarely if ever returned punts. Is he going to be our PR too? If not, who???

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    HAHAHAHAHA.

GINN beat Revis badly on that play and people say Revis is the best cover CB in the league. I laugh at those who say that. HAHAHAHAHA.
                    But he is the best cover CB in the league.

Comment

• Great trade, especially since Ginn's contract isn't that bad for a stud RS. This eliminates two needs in the draft as they needed to beef up the return game, but they also needed at least one more WR.

I also think this takes the wind out of the CJ Spiller ban wagon a bit as his return ability was a large reason Spiller was ranked so high. Not saying they will pass on him if he is the BPA, but they might be preparing for a draft board that doesn't rank Spiller so highly.

I'm pretty excited to make a post Ginn mock. Off the top of my head:

1. Anthony Davis
                      1. Earl Thomas
                      2. Best CB available
                      3. Cam Thomas?Torrell Troup
                      4. Best ILB (Spikes, Chaney, Butler, Dillard)
                      6. O'Brien Schofield
                      6. Jeff Byers
                      7. Jamar Wall

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        But he is the best cover CB in the league.
                        Your opinion. Not mine. :)

Comment

• Three great plays but the problem is those are the only three good plays he made all year. He drops a ton of passes and our WR's already had a bad case of the drops last year.

That being said, I like the move. I think he'll be ok in this environment, as all the pressure will be off. We need some more speedy guys on offense and he certainly fits the bill. Not to mention it gives us more flexibility in the draft early.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030
                            Great trade, especially since Ginn's contract isn't that bad for a stud RS. This eliminates two needs in the draft as they needed to beef up the return game, but they also needed at least one more WR.

I also think this takes the wind out of the CJ Spiller ban wagon a bit as his return ability was a large reason Spiller was ranked so high. Not saying they will pass on him if he is the BPA, but they might be preparing for a draft board that doesn't rank Spiller so highly.

I'm pretty excited to make a post Ginn mock. Off the top of my head:

1. Anthony Davis
                            1. Earl Thomas
                            2. Best CB available
                            3. Cam Thomas?Torrell Troup
                            4. Best ILB (Spikes, Chaney, Butler, Dillard)
                            6. O'Brien Schofield
                            6. Jeff Byers
                            7. Jamar Wall
                            Do you know what Ginn's contract is?

WR wise, I dont think Ginn will do anything for us. I still see Hill as 3rd best. I think Jones will eventually be gone and im hoping Zeigler makes the teamas our 5th WR.

Also, who's going to be our PR???

As for Spiller, the Ginn trade decreases the chances of him being drafted at 13 but I dont think it eliminates him at all. Ginn has almost no punt returns in his NFL career while Spiller would be used as a punt returner as well.

Offensively, there's no question about it. Spiller would be far more valuable to us than what Ginn will be. I'm happy about getting Ginn for a 5th rounder and think he can solve our kick return problems but he doesnt help us on punt returns or on offense so to eliminate Spiller because of Ginn makes no sense whatsoever. Besides, getting Spiller who could also be used on kick returns with Ginn sure as hell cant be a bad thing.

Comment

• Ginn's contract:

2010: 1,035,833
                              2011: 1,393,750,
                              2012: 1,801,667

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Do you know what Ginn's contract is?

As for Spiller, the Ginn trade decreases the chances of him being drafted at 13 but I dont think it eliminates him at all. Ginn has almost no punt returns in his NFL career while Spiller would be used as a punt returner as well.
                                He said preparing for a draft board that doesn't rank Spiller so highly, not a draft board that doesn't rank him period.

So, you both basically agree.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information