2010: 1,035,833
    2011: 1,393,750,
    2012: 1,801,667
    Year Salary Base Salary Signing Bonus
    2010 $3,470,000 $2,150,000 $1,320,000
    2011 $3,055,000 $2,355,000 $700,000
    2012 $3,520,000 $2,820,000 $700,000
    2013 $4,455,000 $4,075,000 $700,000

^^^ Thats Brandon Jones contract for the next four seasons that total over $14m compared to Ginn that totals just over $4.1m for the next three seasons. Basically, even after any type of cap penalty (which I dont think applies since there's no CBA), we would still save over $10m.

Even if Ginn hits his incentives for 2011 which would be another $1.6m, he's still far cheaper than that crapper Jones is.

Finally, my beloved 49ers make a damn good move. Even if Ginn doesnt work out, he's still a cheap backup compared to Jones. I'm so happy.

Bye bye Jones. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
      He said preparing for a draft board that doesn't rank Spiller so highly, not a draft board that doesn't rank him period.

So, you both basically agree.
      Damn it. I was trying to disagree. LOL.

Comment

• wahoo what a great move for ginn!

Comment

• Would it be possible/worthwhile to convert Ginn into a HB?

Comment

• Love the move. I'm basically in favor of most moves that remove a hole that would have been filled at the draft. That's just one more opportunity to draft BPA. Borat is very happy. Good job fake McCloughan or whomever pulled this deal off.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
              Love the move. I'm basically in favor of most moves that remove a hole that would have been filled at the draft. That's just one more opportunity to draft BPA. Borat is very happy. Good job fake McCloughan or whomever pulled this deal off.
              Quick question for you -

If Trent Williams (or Buluga or Okung somehow falls) is available at 13 but there's other players who you have listed higher than them based on BPA, do you still take BPA or one of those three OT's?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Your opinion. Not mine. :)
                Who is? in your opinion.

Comment

• My own personal opinion and who I would want if it was up to me is a guy I wanted a few seasons ago and instead of Clements -

Asante Samuel baby!!!

I'm not going to get into a huge debate over this. Samuel is a solid cover corner with solid tackling skills but the reason why I would take him over all the rest is because he's a playmaking CB. 29 interceptions in the last four seasons. Imagine if we had that.

And dont forget, Revis is playing in a HUGE market and on a team that has a great defense. If he played in BUF or some other crappy team and was exactly the same, we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

But like everything and everyone, to each his/her own.
                  Last edited by dan77733; 04-16-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Quick question for you -

If Trent Williams (or Buluga or Okung somehow falls) is available at 13 but there's other players who you have listed higher than them based on BPA, do you still take BPA or one of those three OT's?
                    I'd take one of those 3 tackles. But I'm a hardcore build the trenches type and our OT hole is gigantic. I wasn't saying we MUST take BPA, I was just saying that getting Ginn removes the KR hole and frees up an earlier draft choice that I assume was ticketed for a KR type
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

My own personal opinion and who I would want if it was up to me is a guy I wanted a few seasons ago and instead of Clements -

Asante Samuel baby!!!

I'm not going to get into a huge debate over this. Samuel is a solid cover corner with solid tackling skills but the reason why I would take him over all the rest is because he's a playmaking CB. 29 interceptions in the last four seasons. Imagine if we had that.

And dont forget, Revis is playing in a HUGE market and on a team that has a great defense. If he played in BUF or some other crappy team and was exactly the same, we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

I'll give you that. Samuel is solid. BUT, you're knocking on Revis for being on good teams with good defenses and Samuel has been with the Patriots and Eagles.. Neither are really struggling defensively if ya catch my drift.

But I was on the Asante Samuel boat with you a couple years back. I wanted him so bad. I actually want every CB in the FA market after each season passes lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                        Would it be possible/worthwhile to convert Ginn into a HB?
                        No. The big knock on Ginn coming over from Miami is that he shies away from contact, which is inevitable in the RB position. He'll be a decent returner option and possibly a slot receiver type and/or deep threat WR for the Niners, so long as he doesn't alligator arm passes at him over the middle.

He'll fit in the best as a PR/KR/#4 WR unless he can unseat Jason Hill for #3 WR.

Good value to fill a position of need before the Draft, better allowing the Niners to take BPA when they are on the clock and not reach for need too much.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

My own personal opinion and who I would want if it was up to me is a guy I wanted a few seasons ago and instead of Clements -

Asante Samuel baby!!!

Samuel is good in coverage, but he is far from solid in tackling. He missed a ton last year. It has never been his strength.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat
                            I'd take one of those 3 tackles. But I'm a hardcore build the trenches type and our OT hole is gigantic. I wasn't saying we MUST take BPA, I was just saying that getting Ginn removes the KR hole and frees up an earlier draft choice that I assume was ticketed for a KR type
                            Okay, I gotcha but if Ginn is only for kick returns? What about punt returns? Just because we traded for Ginn doesnt mean that I want Spiller any less than I did before. Now, if the 49ers plans are to use Ginn as a punt returner as well, then Spiller's value does go down but if the top three OT's are gone and Spiller is there at 13, I would easily draft him because with SEA at 14, there's no way Spiller passes them and makes it to 17.

Also, if the top three OT's are gone, im still hoping SF can make a trade for Gaither if he signs his tender by then so the Ravens can trade him. I would easily trade away our second rounder for him and even add a third day draft pick as well if I had too.

And here's a question - I know that a lot of people are waiting to see what happens with Atogwe. If he can become an UFA in June, doesthat apply to other RFA's who dont sign their tenders by then?

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              I'll give you that. Samuel is solid. BUT, you're knocking on Revis for being on good teams with good defenses and Samuel has been with the Patriots and Eagles.. Neither are really struggling defensively if ya catch my drift.

But I was on the Asante Samuel boat with you a couple years back. I wanted him so bad. I actually want every CB in the FA market after each season passes lol
                              But neither the Patriots or Eagles were ranked first when they had Samuel. Eagles were 12th in total defense and 19th in scoring defense last season. In 2008, they were ranked 3rd and 4th respectively. In 2007, NE was ranked 4th and 4th. In 2006, NE was ranked 6th and 2nd.

Except for last season, the previous three were 6th or better and thats great but of course, both teams had offense as well which makes your defense better because if your offense is on the field more than your defense is, percentage wise, your defense is obviously going to be better because there's less opportunities for opposing offenses to gain yards and score points on them.

I think Revis is good but not great. Its only because he's in a huge market in NY that he gets overhyped and overrated. Think about it - everyone said Ashomunga was the best CB in the league just two or so years ago but who would know that when he's playing for a crappy team?

I guarantee that Revis will have a bad year before his rookie contract expires and when he does, I'll be there saying to everyone who thinks he's the best, hahahaha, I told you so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                Samuel is good in coverage, but he is far from solid in tackling. He missed a ton last year. It has never been his strength.
                                I think he's solid in tackling. He just a bad season. I have never seen or read about people complaining about his tackling except for this past season. And even if he was horrible, there's still one CB that has him beat - Antonio Cromartie. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information