Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we draft Clausen, or any other QB in the first three rounds (McCoy, Tebow, etc), does that mean bye-bye to Nate Davis?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      My own personal opinion and who I would want if it was up to me is a guy I wanted a few seasons ago and instead of Clements -

Asante Samuel baby!!!

I'm not going to get into a huge debate over this. Samuel is a solid cover corner with solid tackling skills but the reason why I would take him over all the rest is because he's a playmaking CB. 29 interceptions in the last four seasons. Imagine if we had that.

And dont forget, Revis is playing in a HUGE market and on a team that has a great defense. If he played in BUF or some other crappy team and was exactly the same, we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

But like everything and everyone, to each his/her own.
      Samuel hasn't tackled anyone in his career.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
        If we draft Clausen, or any other QB in the first three rounds (McCoy, Tebow, etc), does that mean bye-bye to Nate Davis?
        No that means bye bye to Alex Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75
          Samuel hasn't tackled anyone in his career.
          Really??? Then, what are those numbers supposed to mean on his stats page under tackles???

Originally posted by Menardo75
          No that means bye bye to Alex Smith.
          And another three years of 8-8 or worse if not longer. Hopefully, Clausen and Bradford will both be gone before we're ever on the clock.

Comment

Really??? Then, what are those numbers supposed to mean on his stats page under tackles???
            My point was that he shys away from contact and is not a willing tackler.

Comment

I guarantee that Revis will have a bad year before his rookie contract expires and when he does, I'll be there saying to everyone who thinks he's the best, hahahaha, I told you so.
              What do we say to you WHEN he proves you wrong?

Comment

Okay, I gotcha but if Ginn is only for kick returns? What about punt returns? Just because we traded for Ginn doesnt mean that I want Spiller any less than I did before. Now, if the 49ers plans are to use Ginn as a punt returner as well, then Spiller's value does go down but if the top three OT's are gone and Spiller is there at 13, I would easily draft him because with SEA at 14, there's no way Spiller passes them and makes it to 17.

Also, if the top three OT's are gone, im still hoping SF can make a trade for Gaither if he signs his tender by then so the Ravens can trade him. I would easily trade away our second rounder for him and even add a third day draft pick as well if I had too.

And here's a question - I know that a lot of people are waiting to see what happens with Atogwe. If he can become an UFA in June, doesthat apply to other RFA's who dont sign their tenders by then?
                Ginn had a conference call yesterday and on Matt's blog is the transcript of it. In there it sounds to me like he will be handling PR duties as well as KR.
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• I think we can get him motivated to catch the ball. I'd like to see what Mike Singletary has to say about him shying away from contact. "Can't Do It" speech part 2 gonna wake Ginn up?

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    What do we say to you WHEN he proves you wrong?
                    If that happens, whatever you want. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      Ginn had a conference call yesterday and on Matt's blog is the transcript of it. In there it sounds to me like he will be handling PR duties as well as KR.
                      Yeah honestly Dan, where are you getting that Ginn can't return punts? He did his rookie year and in college. They most likely backed him off that duty because he was starting and they wanted him to focus on playing offense more.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...xcited-ab.html

I don't expect Ginn to start for the Niners. He will do both and there is little reason to think he cant return punts.
                      Last edited by thediggler3030; 04-17-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                        Yeah honestly Dan, where are you getting that Ginn can't return punts? He did his rookie year and in college. They most likely backed him off that duty because he was starting and they wanted him to focus on playing offense more.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...xcited-ab.html

I don't expect Ginn to start for the Niners. He will do both and there is little reason to think he cant return punts.
                        The reason why he wasnt handling punts was because he sucked at it. He had his chance every year but he either screwed up with the catch or just started to pick up a few yards then ran out of bounds. Sometimes I think in his mind he is more worried about trying to avoid hits then to look for an opening and try to pick up alot of yardage.
                        Last edited by Da-Phins; 04-17-2010, 04:06 PM.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• I love how Ginn becomes the most worthless player in the league (in dolphin's fans eyes) when he gets traded away.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            I love how Ginn becomes the most worthless player in the league (in dolphin's fans eyes) when he gets traded away.
                            I didnt say he was a worthless player. He's a frustrating player to watch over some of the dumb things he will do. If you read the Ginn thread i said he is a damn good kick returner and will really help you out there. And Ive been hating on Ginn way before he got traded. Didnt like his play then and dont like it now.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                              I didnt say he was a worthless player. He's a frustrating player to watch over some of the dumb things he will do. If you read the Ginn thread i said he is a damn good kick returner and will really help you out there. And Ive been hating on Ginn way before he got traded. Didn't like his play then and dont like it now.
                              He is prolly a lot more frustrating if you gave up the 9th overall pick for him rather than a 5th ;)

Also, the Dolphins only used him in PR's for his rookie year, then never gave him another real opportunity in games. I'm fine giving him that chance. No way he is worse than the guys we had on PR's last year lol.

Everything you said goes along with his KR skills as well, but his KR stats were great. I'm sure he would muff kick-offs just as much as punts and avoided tackles as well. Its not mutually exclusive. Pretty sure he doesn't just uniquely "suck" at PR's.

Comment

• I still like the move because he won't be pressured to be a large contributor on offense. I think taking that pressure off of him should get his mind right for special teams duties. But at worst, he'll be a huge upgrade from the return game we had last year, which was beyond poor.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information