This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
    I didnt say he was a worthless player. He's a frustrating player to watch over some of the dumb things he will do. If you read the Ginn thread i said he is a damn good kick returner and will really help you out there. And Ive been hating on Ginn way before he got traded. Didnt like his play then and dont like it now.
    I didn't say you said anything..

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
      Yeah honestly Dan, where are you getting that Ginn can't return punts? He did his rookie year and in college. They most likely backed him off that duty because he was starting and they wanted him to focus on playing offense more.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...xcited-ab.html

I don't expect Ginn to start for the Niners. He will do both and there is little reason to think he cant return punts.
      Because when you look at his punt returns, he had only 12 the last two seasons compared to 24 as a rookie. Thats why I was asking. And the starting argument doesnt fly because he was still returning kickoffs which means that there's a reason why he wasnt returning punts anymore and the Dolphin fan above posted why.

And for the record, I hope he does do both but at the same time, just because we have Ginn doesnt mean I wouldnt draft Spiller at 13 if the top three OT's are gone or even a Best/McCluster/McKnight in the second or third. Remember, I said a while back that if it was up to me, I would get TWO quality returners. We have one, just need another one.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        I love how Ginn becomes the most worthless player in the league (in dolphin's fans eyes) when he gets traded away.
        Isnt that what every fan says when a player gets traded? Seriously, everyone here did it when Barlow, Rumph, Rattay and others got traded away so are we any different?

While Rumph and Rattay were average (even though I would still take Rattay over Vick especially when you look at their stats for 2004), Barlow was good for us until Hearst was released and even then in 2004, he wasnt considered horrible because of all the players we released or let leave after the 2003 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
          He is prolly a lot more frustrating if you gave up the 9th overall pick for him rather than a 5th ;)

Also, the Dolphins only used him in PR's for his rookie year, then never gave him another real opportunity in games. I'm fine giving him that chance. No way he is worse than the guys we had on PR's last year lol.

Everything you said goes along with his KR skills as well, but his KR stats were great. I'm sure he would muff kick-offs just as much as punts and avoided tackles as well. Its not mutually exclusive. Pretty sure he doesn't just uniquely "suck" at PR's.
          Hahaha. I still remember being shocked that they drafted Ginn over Quinn. You have to wonder how things would have gone for Ginn, Quinn, Derek Anderson and probably others if Quinn is drafted by MIA instead of Ginn.

It really is amazing that just one selection in the draft can affect so much. Cant wait, five more days to go!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
            I still like the move because he won't be pressured to be a large contributor on offense. I think taking that pressure off of him should get his mind right for special teams duties. But at worst, he'll be a huge upgrade from the return game we had last year, which was beyond poor.
            Agreed. I like the move too (and yeah, for me, thats rare).After looking at his career stats, I was just wondering why he was only used as a kickoff returner after his rookie season. I'm hoping he's used for both with us because he'll be 4th best on our depth chart at WR.

Another positive - bye bye Brandon Jones. :)

Comment

• Rumph was brutal. my most clear memory of him was the sunday or monday night game when he was getting torched and even madden (i believe) was saying how much he sucked. ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Isnt that what every fan says when a player gets traded? Seriously, everyone here did it when Barlow, Rumph, Rattay and others got traded away so are we any different?
                Well, those players were, indeed, terrible.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                While Rumph and Rattay were average (even though I would still take Rattay over Vick especially when you look at their stats for 2004), Barlow was good for us until Hearst was released and even then in 2004, he wasnt considered horrible because of all the players we released or let leave after the 2003 season.
                I really hope you aren't defending Kevin Barlow.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by FG4prez View Post
                  Rumph was brutal. my most clear memory of him was the sunday or monday night game when he was getting torched and even madden (i believe) was saying how much he sucked. ugh.
                  I remember him doing as good or sometimes better than PlumBum after his tough rookie year. Yet TD gave him a new contract. He then was too often injured too suck on the field. I wanted him let go and draft Deangelo Hall.
                  Bit of an asshat but he was great in Madden.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                    I remember him doing as good or sometimes better than PlumBum after his tough rookie year. Yet TD gave him a new contract. He then was too often injured too suck on the field. I wanted him let go and draft Deangelo Hall.
                    Bit of an asshat but he was great in Madden.
                    LMAO.... asshat.... that's just great!

Rumph wasn't that much of a a baller, but he wasn't quite a Rashaun Woods either.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Rumph and Barlow WERE terrible... Well, Barlow was talented, but unmotivated, which basically equates to the same thing.

Rattay was a solid backup but he never should've been relied upon as a starting QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                        Rumph and Barlow WERE terrible... Well, Barlow was talented, but unmotivated, which basically equates to the same thing.

Rattay was a solid backup but he never should've been relied upon as a starting QB.
                        Rattay and Lloyd had a PB and J like connection.

Comment

• They really should've kept Rattay as a backup.

Comment

• Rumph was always injured and having his position changed twice in two years snt going to help any player regardless of who it is.

Rattay was a solid QB but how can anyon expect him to do anything when all the talent we had was let go after the previous season? And I liked Rattay. My only concern about him was durability. He had the arm and accuracy. All you have to do is look at the games he played in 2003 when our offense and OL was still intact. After all, its not his fault that we let everyone leave and sucked in 2004.

Barlow was awesome when Hearst was the starter. Its fiunny, the Cowboys Marion Barber reminds me of Barlow. Awesome as a backup, power runner but declined once he became the starter. Barlow was solid in 2004 all things considered and Nolan did screw him in 2006 just like he did Smith and others so I cant get pissed at Barlow for that. His attitude sucked but coming off a 2-14 season, then 4-12, all the changes and whatnot, you would be pised off too.

Woods sucked from day one and yeah, I'll admt that I was happy we drafted him back in 2004 as from what I read at the time, he seemed to be fully capable of being our franchise WR but it never happened. Oh well.

Comment

• I seem to remember Barlow doing well in preseason games but not doing much of anything in regular games.

Comment

• Not to be a buzz kill or anything but, I think i'd prefer to talk about Tebow than Kevan Barlow. My stomach doesn't agree with him.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information