Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lawson could be traded this weekend:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...f-49ers-lawson

    Would like to hold onto Manny but will be tough with Davis and Willis looking to cash in soon.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
      Lawson could be traded this weekend:
      http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...f-49ers-lawson

      Would like to hold onto Manny but will be tough with Davis and Willis looking to cash in soon.
      He's been a disappointment, to say the least.

      Besides, we just got LaBoy and, at 17, we're right in prime Sergio Kindle range

      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

      Comment


      • Manny's a solid player IMO-- maybe not the top pass rusher we'd hoped for, but far from a bust. Very good LB overall.

        That said, given the number of players we need to re-sign soon, now might be a good time to deal him. I wonder how much he'd fetch in a trade?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          Lawson could be traded this weekend:
          http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...f-49ers-lawson

          Would like to hold onto Manny but will be tough with Davis and Willis looking to cash in soon.
          Originally posted by Brent View Post
          He's been a disappointment, to say the least.

          Besides, we just got LaBoy and, at 17, we're right in prime Sergio Kindle range
          Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
          Manny's a solid player IMO-- maybe not the top pass rusher we'd hoped for, but far from a bust. Very good LB overall.

          That said, given the number of players we need to re-sign soon, now might be a good time to deal him. I wonder how much he'd fetch in a trade?
          CRAP!!! and NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

          Lawson was injured for one season and misused by Nolan the other two so how anyone can say he's been a disappointment is beyond me. Has he been awesome? No but he's been a solid all-around player who after reading that article sems to be a good person and team mate.

          LaBoy was signed to a 1 year deal worth $1.6m. Lawson is only making 650k and is better than LaBoy but thats just my opinion. As for Kindle, I think MIA will draft him at 12 and quite honestly, dont have any interest in him. Instead of trading away young players at positions who'll only be replaced by younger rookies at the same position, maybe getting some young rookies at positions we need would be a smarter idea. Thats just me though.

          As for re-signing players, once Jones, Clements and Lewis are off the books, they'll have plenty of money to re-sign Willis and Davis. And speaking of Davis, he was the same as Lawson until this past season. He had three average at best injury prone years and was misused. Yet, I dont see anyone saying to trade him???

          Another question is this - why didnt management insist on six year deals for Davis and Willis? It's in the team's right to do so and the player cant do anything. Mistake there by management in my opinion.

          Comment


          • Yeah, Manny has never been the up field beast we hoped but he makes his share of plays.

            Comment


            • Everyone was hoping Lawson would be our replacement for Peterson when he left but Nolan / Manusky / whoever put him in coverage all the dame time. He can get sacks if given the chance but if he's being told to play run support or stay in coverage, he obviously isnt going to. And people here have said that he only has one move or something like that ........well, if thats true, shouldnt our scouting team have seen that 4 years ago? Below is a comparison between Lawson and Haralson. The only reason why Lawson is seen as a disappointment is because he was a first round draft pick. If him and Haralson were reversed, we wouldnt be having this conversation. And even though Lawson hasnt been awesome thus far, its not all his fault either.

              Compare Lawson to Haralson.

              Lawson: 48 games played, 139 tackles, 12 sacks, INT, 4 forced fumbles
              Haralson: 49 games played, 92 tackles, 15.5 sacks, no int's or forced fumbled

              And the only OLB's who have done awesome as pass rushers snce 2004 have been Ware and Orakpo. Percentages are like what??? 2%? Give me a break. If Lawson doesnt get traded and beats out LaBoy (which he will), it should be LaBoy who gets released and should pay us back that $1.6m we just signed him too.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                He's been a disappointment, to say the least.

                Besides, we just got LaBoy and, at 17, we're right in prime Sergio Kindle range
                Is this sarcasm? Because of LaBoy and Kindle, we can get rid of Lawson? Sarcasm right?


                Trading Lawson would be a nauseating mistake, he's not a monster pass rusher, but he is improving and is a good all around OLB, and he is an absolute beast vs. the run. He's also the most athletically gifted guy on the D (and maybe the entire team), and the smartest. Keep Lawson, period. Haralson = pure mediocrity, if not worse.

                Comment


                • binary, that's a bit of an overstatement, don't you think? More athletically gifted than Willis on the D? Than Vernon if we're talking about the entire team?

                  I think the key point is that we don't necessarily want to get rid of Manny, but when it comes right down to it we have to ask ourselves are we really going to be able to re-sign him along with all these other guys up for contract extensions soon? If not, we should get something for him while we can.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                    binary, that's a bit of an overstatement, don't you think? More athletically gifted than Willis on the D?
                    Not an overstatement at all, not close.

                    Comment


                    • He was drafted to rush the passer and he cannot even do that well enough to stay on the field on 3rd down. His abilities against the run are what's expected. I think it's time to move on, especially when there are more important players to re-sign.

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        He was drafted to rush the passer and he cannot even do that well enough to stay on the field on 3rd down. His abilities against the run are what's expected. I think it's time to move on, especially when there are more important players to re-sign.
                        Great, but we have no one else that has shown he can consistently rush the passer either. Dude had more sacks than Haralson and is 5x better than him at everything else. No one expected that Manny would be a beast vs. the run, or be one of the best in the entire league at it. He's a big reason why our run D was so good last year, Haralson on the other hand, was not. He's also the only OLB we have that has proven he can drop back in coverage and actually be effective at it.

                        Luckily for us, you're not in charge and Maiocco just tweeted that Manny is probably gonna stick around, thank goodness.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Great, but we have no one else that has shown he can consistently rush the passer either. Dude had more sacks than Haralson and is 5x better than him at everything else. No one expected that Manny would be a beast vs. the run, or be one of the best in the entire league at it. He's a big reason why our run D was so good last year, Haralson on the other hand, was not. He's also the only OLB we have that has proven he can drop back in coverage and actually be effective at it.

                          Luckily for us, you're not in charge and Maiocco just tweeted that Manny is probably gonna stick around, thank goodness.
                          Nice strawman argument, but I didnt say that Haralson was better.

                          In fact, I am rather cynical and unimpressed with our OLB core.

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • Jerry Hughes is what I hoped Manny would be. Hope we land him in the 2nd.
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              Jerry Hughes is what I hoped Manny would be. Hope we land him in the 2nd.
                              That would be a solid second round pick indeed.


                              Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

                              Comment


                              • Less than 24 hours boys!


                                Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information