Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait to get my Clausen jersey!!!

Comment

• If any OLB should be traded, it should be Haralson. Lawson is easily better. And Lawson had 6.5 sacks despite NOT being on the field on third downs which is normally a passing down. Maybe, if they kept him on the field for passing downs, mabe, he would have more than 6.5 sacks.

I personally wouldnt trade Lawson and I love people thinking that Kindle, Hughes or JPP will be better. No one knows if they'll be better. In fact, precentages have it that they'll be far worse.

Not worth the risk/gamble in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 407Niner View Post
        I can't wait to get my Clausen jersey!!!
        I got my Smith one after his ugly rookie year. Things looked good next year. 2 years of pain. Change jersey style.
        Drafting Clausen puts the writing on the wall for that jersey being shoved to the dark and dusty end of the closet.

Comment

• Travis LaBoy ****** sucks. If this at least one of the reasons that letting Manny go is okay.. I would seriously question being a fan of the 49ers next season.

Comment

• Watch JPP fall to us and we take him to replace Lawson :( I just don't understand creating more holes to fill right now. We wont even be able to fill the holes we have now. I don't think you can count on a 3rd rounder panning out into a starter so even if we do a great job with our first 3 picks we will still come up short (OT, CB, HB, S) Why make us look linebacker and miss out on a quality corner or tackle? I don't want to trade back and I don't want to deal Manny.

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
              I got my Smith one after his ugly rookie year. Things looked good next year. 2 years of pain. Change jersey style.
              Drafting Clausen puts the writing on the wall for that jersey being shoved to the dark and dusty end of the closet.
              I've never bought a jersey of a rookie and haven't gotten any for a long time. But me being a Notre Dame fan, I think I'd be quick to if we actually end with Clausen.

Comment

• Maiocco thinking Bulaga could be the 49ers pick:
                Starting to see a lot of speculation that Iowa tackle Bryan Bulaga will be available when 49ers pick in first round. He could be the man.
                Would be great value if he slid down to 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  If any OLB should be traded, it should be Haralson. Lawson is easily better. And Lawson had 6.5 sacks despite NOT being on the field on third downs which is normally a passing down. Maybe, if they kept him on the field for passing downs, mabe, he would have more than 6.5 sacks.

I personally wouldnt trade Lawson and I love people thinking that Kindle, Hughes or JPP will be better. No one knows if they'll be better. In fact, precentages have it that they'll be far worse.

Not worth the risk/gamble in my opinion.
                  Agree about keeping Lawson, & keep Haralson too.

Haralson has earned his keep imo with his sacks as a situational rusher & his superb ST play -- 2 blocked FGs in 2 yrs, not bad at all.

9ers are sitting pretty & poised to grab 2 impact rookies if they draft for need at #s 13 & 17 in the 1st, don't give in to the trade temptation. The team hasn't been this draft-ready & able to improve the roster since the Bill Walsh days -- don't blow it!

Comment

• I want to keep both Haralson and Lawson for now, and replace Lawson if necessary next year if he doesn't earn a contract. What if Lawson gets double-digit sacks in 2010? I think he has a decent chance to do so. It would be great to add another pass rusher in the middle rounds to compete with them. Who knows, maybe the Niners believe Briggs and/or Brooks will take over for Man-Law after next season.

Bulaga sliding would be good, and I think it may happen because of his short arms. He looks to be a no-nonsense type of player that keeps his nose to the grind and though he may not be a star, I believe he can be a solid RT in the league for 10+ years. If he does slide, I just hope the Niners don't pass up on an elite talent at 13 to select him. Overall, I think Bulaga would be a solid pick at 13 as he is a football player; a Sing type of guy.

I just posted in the other thread that I'm not sold on Clausen at all, especially not in the middle of the first Round. I think his talent isn't even close to Brady Quinn, who hasn't done **** in the NFL yet. Straight up, I'd rather take Colt McCoy as I think he'll be an overall better NFL QB. Taking Clausen at 13 would do much more damage than good. If the Niners want a QB that bad, they should trade 13 or 17 and a 3rd in 2011 for Big Ben.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I think it's been said already but now that it's set in stone I wanted to post the link..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SP6U1D275G.DTL

Originally posted by Baalke
                      "49ers will draft talent, not need"

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        I think it's been said already but now that it's set in stone I wanted to post the link..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SP6U1D275G.DTL
                        GO FOR DEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I could realistically see Dez falling to the Niners like Crabs did last year. This is going to be an interesting night.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Why the hell would they take Dez Bryant? Is Matt Millen running the Niners? Please. This would be the worst draft pick. Same agent as Crabtree too I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
                              Why the hell would they take Dez Bryant? Is Matt Millen running the Niners? Please. This would be the worst draft pick. Same agent as Crabtree too I think.
                              I'm with this guy. Dez Bryant is definitely not the most talented person that we could draft in those areas

Comment

• I had a dream last night that I was participating in a mock draft in this forum, but I whatever I did was actually happening in the draft live. I drafted Bulaga. Can't remember who was at 17. I give myself an A so far...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information