Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched some Dez highlights just last night. Not as impressive as Crab but his numbers speak for his talent.

Dez is like a tweener who is very good in what a WR needs nothing pops way out. Like a bigger, physical Reggie Wayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
      Why the hell would they take Dez Bryant? Is Matt Millen running the Niners? Please. This would be the worst draft pick. Same agent as Crabtree too I think.
      Seriously, Dez would be a crappy pick. If he was an Andre Johnson clone I could understand, but he's not. He's slow, and if you look at his film, his YAC is lacking. MEH.

Comment

• I think he's a very good talent, but I hate the Eugene Parker situation. His hands aren't nearly as good as Crabs are but I believe he will be a #1 WR in the NFL. I'm not really sold on taking him (especially at 13), but the Niners have done a lot of homework on him and he could be BPA when the Niners pick. He's definitely an option for them, regardless if we like it or not.

Rumors are swirling that Jets really want Spiller are are going to try and make a move up to get him. Good fit for their team, just like he would be for the Niners.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Man **** Eugene Parker

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            Man **** Eugene Parker
            Agreed. I think he may have learned something after screwing Crabtree for 71 days though. Whoever drafts Dez and his other clients will find out soon.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I don't get all the hate for Dez. He doesn't duplicate what we have with Crabtree and would be a great compliment to him. It would be like how the Cards had Fitz and Boldin. I just like the value of getting a WR of the caliber of Bryant and they can still grab a lineman with pick 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                I don't get all the hate for Dez. He doesn't duplicate what we have with Crabtree and would be a great compliment to him. It would be like how the Cards had Fitz and Boldin. I just like the value of getting a WR of the caliber of Bryant and they can still grab a lineman with pick 17.
                Meh, WRs just aren't that high of a priority position to me, especially since we've already invested so much in Crabtree and Davis and Gore out of the backfield. That should be enough, we need to address some real issues now. If they wanna take a tall WR with good speed in the middle rounds go ahead, but not early.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  Travis LaBoy ****** sucks. If this at least one of the reasons that letting Manny go is okay.. I would seriously question being a fan of the 49ers next season.
                  Happy to know that im not the only one who thinks LaBoy sucks and considering he's costing almost a million dollars more than Lawson for 2010, replacing Lawson with LaBoy makes no sense whatsoever.

Originally posted by Shupp View Post
                  Watch JPP fall to us and we take him to replace Lawson :( I just don't understand creating more holes to fill right now. We wont even be able to fill the holes we have now. I don't think you can count on a 3rd rounder panning out into a starter so even if we do a great job with our first 3 picks we will still come up short (OT, CB, HB, S) Why make us look linebacker and miss out on a quality corner or tackle? I don't want to trade back and I don't want to deal Manny.
                  Exactly. This is what I have been saying all along. Draft the players that we NEED NOW instead of players who'll just be backups and possibly never start period. If we draft JPP or another OLB and then trade Lawson, it doesnt accomplish anything. The rookie would still be behind Haralson, Brooks and most likely LaBoy and we would still have an actual position that needs to be solved plus there's no guarantee that this player becomes even half as good as Lawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by 407Niner View Post
                    I've never bought a jersey of a rookie and haven't gotten any for a long time. But me being a Notre Dame fan, I think I'd be quick to if we actually end with Clausen.
                    Let's hope you end up saving your money. :)

Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                    Maiocco thinking Bulaga could be the 49ers pick:

Would be great value if he slid down to 13.
                    That would be a steal at 13 in my opinion and even I would probably draft im over Spiller.

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Agree about keeping Lawson, & keep Haralson too.

Haralson has earned his keep imo with his sacks as a situational rusher & his superb ST play -- 2 blocked FGs in 2 yrs, not bad at all.

9ers are sitting pretty & poised to grab 2 impact rookies if they draft for need at #s 13 & 17 in the 1st, don't give in to the trade temptation. The team hasn't been this draft-ready & able to improve the roster since the Bill Walsh days -- don't blow it!
                    Exactly. I dont have a problem with Haralson and im a Lawson fan. I'm just hopin that Singletary/Baalke stick to basics and solve the needs we have instead of delaying them and possibly creating more needs. Lawson has a blocked FG too doesnt he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      I want to keep both Haralson and Lawson for now, and replace Lawson if necessary next year if he doesn't earn a contract. What if Lawson gets double-digit sacks in 2010? I think he has a decent chance to do so. It would be great to add another pass rusher in the middle rounds to compete with them. Who knows, maybe the Niners believe Briggs and/or Brooks will take over for Man-Law after next season.

Bulaga sliding would be good, and I think it may happen because of his short arms. He looks to be a no-nonsense type of player that keeps his nose to the grind and though he may not be a star, I believe he can be a solid RT in the league for 10+ years. If he does slide, I just hope the Niners don't pass up on an elite talent at 13 to select him. Overall, I think Bulaga would be a solid pick at 13 as he is a football player; a Sing type of guy.

I just posted in the other thread that I'm not sold on Clausen at all, especially not in the middle of the first Round. I think his talent isn't even close to Brady Quinn, who hasn't done **** in the NFL yet. Straight up, I'd rather take Colt McCoy as I think he'll be an overall better NFL QB. Taking Clausen at 13 would do much more damage than good. If the Niners want a QB that bad, they should trade 13 or 17 and a 3rd in 2011 for Big Ben.
                      Agree about Lawson/Haralson but disagre about adding another pass rusher in the draft. We dont need one. We had 44 sacks without a "Ware" type OLB so instead of using a draft pick on a player who'll sit on the bench, us that draft pick on a player who'll actually have a chance at being on the field. Personally, I would extend Lawson and put any trade rumors to rest because I believe that he's still our best OLB on the roster. Haralson is solid but I see Brooks starting over him and opposite Lawson. LaBoy adds depth. Briggs will probably go back to the practice squad.

Buluga would be a steal at 13 and when you say that you dont want the 49ers passing on an elite talent in favor of Buluga, who exactly are you referring to? Everyone here knows that I want Spiller but even I wouldnt draft him over Buluga at 13.

I dont want us to draft any QB period and **** NO in regards to trading for Roethlisberger. He's been lucky twice. If we trade for him and he doesnt stupid, I can guarantee that the third time wont be the charm for us. Stay away from Big Ben who seems to have a problem keeping "Mini Big Ben" under wraps.

Comment

• Jets are dumb. Should have kept Jones instead of signing Tomlinson. Plus, they have Greene and Washington. They dont need Spiller unless Washington appears to have a more serious injury than they have been saying which also shows that im happy the rumored trade of us acquiring Washington never happened. Stay away from Leon Washington.

As for Dez Bryant, he would be awesome with Crabtree, Davis and Morgan. Granted, his agent might give us problems but at the same time, if that was to happen, we could probably end up signing him to a better deal than Crabtree and include all those "diva" clauses.

Comment

• Apparently the Raiders might deal McFadden. Is it just me or would this make a lot of sense for us? I pure change of pace guy that can also add to special teams as well. If we can get him for a mid-round pick, I'm all for it.

Comment

• Dez would be just fine at 17, IMO, if we've already gotten a tackle at 13... or at 13 if none of the top four tackles are left for that matter. I really think he's even more talented than Crabs, and although it would be a little worrisome having too potential prima donna WRs on the team, I think it would give us the best 1-2 punch at WR since Fitz and Boldin with the Cards. Factor in Morgan as the No. 3 receiver and Vernon Davis at TE and we'd really be setting Smith up for success... at least if we get him some protection up front too.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                              Apparently the Raiders might deal McFadden. Is it just me or would this make a lot of sense for us? I pure change of pace guy that can also add to special teams as well. If we can get him for a mid-round pick, I'm all for it.
                              Would jump at trying to trade a mid round pick for him but the rumor of him being on the block was shot down on PFT a few minutes ago.

Anyone see on Scott Wright's twitter that he thinks SF is the team that is going to draft Tebow in the middle of round 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                                Dez would be just fine at 17, IMO, if we've already gotten a tackle at 13... or at 13 if none of the top four tackles are left for that matter. I really think he's even more talented than Crabs, and although it would be a little worrisome having too potential prima donna WRs on the team, I think it would give us the best 1-2 punch at WR since Fitz and Boldin with the Cards. Factor in Morgan as the No. 3 receiver and Vernon Davis at TE and we'd really be setting Smith up for success... at least if we get him some protection up front too.
                                He might be more physically gifted than Crabtree, but he doesn't have the instincts/moves/nuances that Crabtree has. You'll never see Dez make a catch, shake a guy, then make another guy miss..etc, he's mostly straight-line. That being said, IF a good OT falls into our lap at #13, Dez would be cool at @17, I wouldn't be too angry if that happened (freaking hate spending high picks on WRs though). We need all the offensive talent we can get with a guy like Raye running the show unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information