This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

Anyone see on Scott Wright's twitter that he thinks SF is the team that is going to draft Tebow in the middle of round 1?
    HAHAHA, surrrrrreee. These guys in the front office are not dumb, unless Sing really is becoming a dictator or something. If we draft Tebow, I probably wont live past this weekend, I'll end it all for sure. Eternity of blackness > Tebow.

Comment

• At least Tebow won't hold out. Its the 11th commandment.

Comment

• Definitely going for some smashmouth this year. I really want Jahvid Best if he's there tomorrow. SOMEONE to run it outside once in a while. Dunno what we are gonna do about CB, all of the good ones seem gone, might need to strike gold there.

Comment

• I'm very happy with these picks. I was sweating bullets over Jimmy Clausen-- SO glad we dodged that bullet. Staley-Iupati-Heitmann-Rachal-Davis sounds pretty good to me. You think about it now-- this is a team that is built to run the ball. Every one of those linemen can get a push. We know Vernon's a stud blocker. Our top receivers-- Crabtree and Morgan-- both of them are very good downfield blockers. You can definitely see an identity starting to take shape there.

Now I think we are definitely putting a lot of faith in Solari and Ray Brown to get these guys up and running quickly, but I definitely feel better about that than I would have with the guys we had last year.

Second round, I think the attention has to turn to defense. Snag a DB or a pass rusher-- Kindle, Nate Allen, and Taylor Mays are all still on the board right now and would be excellent value at 49 if still available.

We could also turn our attention to maybe trying to pick up some additional picks if we wanted to trade down, but somehow I'm thinking that doesn't happen. When you think about it, we've got two more choices that should net us impact players. Gotta make them count.

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
            I'm very happy with these picks. I was sweating bullets over Jimmy Clausen-- SO glad we dodged that bullet. Staley-Iupati-Heitmann-Rachal-Davis sounds pretty good to me. You think about it now-- this is a team that is built to run the ball. Every one of those linemen can get a push. We know Vernon's a stud blocker. Our top receivers-- Crabtree and Morgan-- both of them are very good downfield blockers. You can definitely see an identity starting to take shape there.

Now I think we are definitely putting a lot of faith in Solari and Ray Brown to get these guys up and running quickly, but I definitely feel better about that than I would have with the guys we had last year.

Second round, I think the attention has to turn to defense. Snag a DB or a pass rusher-- Kindle, Nate Allen, and Taylor Mays are all still on the board right now and would be excellent value at 49 if still available.

We could also turn our attention to maybe trying to pick up some additional picks if we wanted to trade down, but somehow I'm thinking that doesn't happen. When you think about it, we've got two more choices that should net us impact players. Gotta make them count.
            Burnett, Allen, or Kindle would be cool with me. Dunno what to do about CB. Hopefully we can nab a Cox in the third or something of that nature.

With this draft, the 9ers basically told the rest of the league that they are going to beat the crap out of everyone...which is cool, I just hope they mix in some progressive strategy with that idea.

Comment

• The corners were gobbled up pretty well. What about Taylor Mays in the 2nd, I think it's pretty good value.

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shupp View Post
                The corners were gobbled up pretty well. What about Taylor Mays in the 2nd, I think it's pretty good value.
                no. Burnett is better, Allen is better, and their will be better value there. I wouldn't have a problem with Mays in the third though.

Comment

• I wanted Joe Haden or Trent Williams, but I'm happy with Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati. Guys like Baas and Rachal really seemed to be struggling. This should improve our offensive line immensely. Frank Gore should be just as productive if not better. And Glenn Coffee should be improved as well. We really struggled to run the ball early last season. Very frustrating. Hopefully this gives more protection to Alex Smith too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I am just pumped that we took Iupati to be a LG, his natural position. The thing I like about Davis is that he has as much talent as the OTs who went before him but he's only 20; with Staley on the left, he and Davis could be our bookend tackles for a long time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Good picks that sent a message for sure. Earl Thomas won't have much of an impact against us for SEA when he sees Iupati coming after his a$$, paving the way for Gore! I'm glad to hear that the Niners and Davis had an instant connection. That bodes well for his motivation remaining high. Both these guys are beasts and have PRO BOWL potential as a RT and LG respectively. Isn't that the goal when you Draft guys in the First Round?! I'm very glad to hear that they weren't considering Clausen or Tebow in the First at all. I think that Trent McReplacement showed conviction and wasn't afraid to pull the trigger.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• The morning ppr. quoted Singletary as saying both 1st rounders will have chances to compete for the starting RT & LG spots in camp.

And I think that's being pretty smug. Those 1st 2 picks were msgs. sent directly to Rachal & Baas, the priority was always fixing the front 5 of the OL & those 2 are on notice.

I realize it's always a gamble starting rookies at OL positions where the rule of thumb is it takes 2-3 yrs. minimum to adequately train them in the same system with the same position coach, but the gamble they're taking with these 2 in the 1st rd. indicates the severity of the problem they saw last season when they had to shuffle O-linemen around b/c of injury.

Comment

• I think Davis was a good pick.. Found this interview with the guy. http://blogs.msg.com/gameon/2010/04/...makes-history/

Comment

• Baas is at worst pretty good depth, I hope we keep him around. Rachal is just, pretty bad. Rachal has to man up big time. Either way, keep both for depth.

Comment

• After thinking about it, im happy with Davis even though I still dont think we needed to trade up because worse case scenario, Buluga would have been there at 13.

As for Iupati, he was 5th on my list and while im happy the OL has become stronger, you have to wonder why they would pass on WR Dez Bryant. At 17, he's a steal and eventually give us the best WR core in the league.

Back to the OL, I would try to trade Rachal and just keep Baas. Rachal seems like crap and Snyder can be the backup OG with Wragge 4th. Another idea is to move Baas to center where he was in college and see how he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                you have to wonder why they would pass on WR Dez Bryant
                                Because they are a running team, who rarely uses more than 2 WRs (see: Davis, Vernon & Walker, Delanie). Why spend two top 20 picks on a WR when you barely use the ones you have?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information