Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let him troll here.. He's trying convince himself that the cardinals might be the 49ers next year lol

Comment

• How the Cardinals do all depends on how Leinart plays. If he plays good, then they will be a problem. If he plays bad, the Cardinals will be lucky to be second in the NFC West.
      Last edited by dan77733; 05-02-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• This Phil Barber guy isn't doing terribly. Pretty good bits from the rookie minicamp

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...amp-notes.html

My favorite is about Iupati
        Originally posted by Phil Barber
        Fun to listen to the offensive line coaches. Assistant Ray Brown told Mike Iupati "you have to trust yourself" while working on one technique. Mike Solari to Anthony Davis: "Knock his ass off the ball. Knock his ass what? Off the ball."
        By the way, Davis was at right tackle and Iupati at left guard. Iupati pulled on one play and hammered LB Martail Burnett.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• he's failed to be informed that Glen Coffee put on mass... Maiocco knew... just saying haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Very happy to read that Davis and Iupati have been starting at RT and LG respectively. Hope it stays that way when the non-rookies compete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              he's failed to be informed that Glen Coffee put on mass... Maiocco knew... just saying haha
              Yeah I haven't read much of his stuff since he said that. Just made me feel like he is googling players and posting random info he finds. Its hard for me to read articles by people who know less about the team than I do.

I should give him more of a chance as I'm sure he is a quality writer who just has little experience with the Niners.

His posts are to short and he makes them too often as well. I've been reading Barrows almost exclusively since Maiocco left. Lynch and Brown aren't very good either. I'm just praying Maiocco doesn't resurface on a pay website...

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Very happy to read that Davis and Iupati have been starting at RT and LG respectively. Hope it stays that way when the non-rookies compete.
                I would be EXTREMELY worried if they weren't starting during the rookie OTA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
                  I've been reading Barrows almost exclusively since Maiocco left.
                  I always preferred Barrows to Maiocco because I feel like he's much more entertaining as a journalist. He has a pretty good sense of humor. Though, I get this feeling that Maiocco is going to still cover the Niners but for someone else.

Comment

I always preferred Barrows to Maiocco because I feel like he's much more entertaining as a journalist. He has a pretty good sense of humor. Though, I get this feeling that Maiocco is going to still cover the Niners but for someone else.
                    Agreed about Maiocco - when did he say he was going to resurface? Tomorrow?
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/mattmaiocco

today: "Solve the riddle of my final Tweet on April 30 for the answer. "Official" announcement is tomorrow."

4/30: "Come on, man, can't a scribe transition? Simple pleasures or random thoughts, some need extra time."

4/29: "Many things will change, but key components of my job will remain intact."

Comment

I've always enjoyed Barrows as well, though I think Maiocco is a superior journalist. It's clear based on the stories they've broken that Maiocco has many more sources in the organization the Barrows. Most of Barrows best pieces have been focused more on what he thinks the Niners should do. Maiocco's articles are based more on fact than speculation. In that way I miss Maiocco a lot right now. In all honesty, there are few sports beat writers as talented as Matt Maiocco.

I know Maiocco will be back covering the Niners, I'm just worried it will be for someone like ESPN, where his writing will be less accessible to those of us not living near San Fran, or those of us unwilling to pay for news.

Comment

http://twitter.com/mattmaiocco

today: "Solve the riddle of my final Tweet on April 30 for the answer. "Official" announcement is tomorrow."

4/30: "Come on, man, can't a scribe transition? Simple pleasures or random thoughts, some need extra time."

4/29: "Many things will change, but key components of my job will remain intact."
                          riddle solved. Comcast Sportsnet. First letter of every word in that tweet.

Awesome.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Maiocco has better info, but Barrows has better articles/opinions. Maiocco is a great neutral reporter, while Barrows will not hesitate to diss the crap out of Singletary and Co...and be hilarious about it.

Comment

• http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci...ercurynews.com

Good MurkyNews article on GB Packers immortal OG Jerry Kramer bonding with Iupati, both Vandals from Idaho. Kramer met him & actually gave him technique pointers on how to take out DBs when pulling on sweeps -- he told him to watch his helmet b/c all the DB can do to deal with an OG who outweighs him by >60 pounds & is coming at him like a freight train is take an angle or dive at his knees, the way his helmet goes tips his move. What worked in 1964 works in 2010 -- Great stuff.
                              Last edited by LizardState; 05-03-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information