Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I really disagree with WR being a first day need.
    Let's be honest, we have several first day needs. I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I don't see Hill or Morgan as the elite WR's others do. That being said, I am in favor of giving them more PT as opposed to signing some "on their last leg" vets.




    2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

    Comment


    • Going into this game I thought safety might have surpassed pass rusher as our #1 need but watching Campbell escape easily even when we do get pressure has swayed me back to the pass rusher camp.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
        Going into this game I thought safety might have surpassed pass rusher as our #1 need but watching Campbell escape easily even when we do get pressure has swayed me back to the pass rusher camp.
        Well, Goldson was supposed to be spying Campbell on his TD run there towards the end.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Ok RT is our number one need. This draft is deep with OT's however so we can get one in the second, unless one of the big three fall. Our first round pick in that case should be FS.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            Going into this game I thought safety might have surpassed pass rusher as our #1 need but watching Campbell escape easily even when we do get pressure has swayed me back to the pass rusher camp.
            Then your looking for someone to collapse the pocket from over the Guards and center, not a pass rusher necesarily. I dont see a lot of potential player like that coming out, but we'll see.

            We'll be looking at S and OLB first, a RT backup/eventual replacement for Snyder, and if Johnson leaves, probably a WR pick too. If the NT player we're looking for is there, then we could very well take one at anytime. Raji looks like a strong possibility, and I saw Scott mentioned his teamate, forget the name, is a promising prospect as well. Takeo Spikes status will have an impact on what we do, I dont think our staff is looking at Ahmad Brooks as a long term replacment, so ILB could be a pick for sure sometime on draft day.

            An OLB/ DE selection would mean R. Green's roster spot right? Or at least his spot on the field. Lawson will get more PT if anything next year, and Haralson has earned his place, and I think he'll improve again too. IF we were to take an OLB with our first pick, were looking at Orakpo, Johnson, Jerry Hughes, Aaron Maybin or even Everette Brown. I see us imulating the Giants in the way that we have a go-to rush package where Lawson, Haralson, Smith, and our pick, are all on the field, maybe even all with there hand down. I think this would leave us in the right spot for sure.

            Picking S with our first selection would be either Mays or Moore, both of which would be an immediate upgrade. Mays, who obviously has the bigger upside, has shown all the skills necessary, meanwhile showing everything that we dont have at the position. Outside of these two, I dont think there are any first round talents. I've seen Rashad Johnson really step up and play well for Bama this year, Saban really brought it out of him.

            This draft will be about shoring up 2 or 3 postions, those being S, OLB/DE, and RT. Other than that, were grooming replacements and adding depth. Today was a good day, congratulations to Mike Singletary on being appointed head coach. This entire organization and fan base is behind him. He said this is last time our season ends in Demcember, I love the sound of that. Lets go 9ers-
            Last edited by THIZZorDIE; 12-29-2008, 02:56 AM.

            Comment


            • Todd McShay has us drafting Malcolm Jenkins CB in the first round... Not a bad pick!! I would love to pick him if he drops to 10.. What do you guys think? If not Malcolm, should we go for the best safety, pass rusher, or Tackle if any of those big guys drop?
              WIN, LOSE, OR TIE, 49ERS TILL I DIE.

              Comment


              • Picking S with our first selection would be either Mays or Moore, both of which would be an immediate upgrade.
                I like Mays' potential and his physical skills are incredible, but I've read that he has issues in coverage. Anyone else got feedback there?

                We might be looking for an instant starter this year rather than someone to let sit and learn and maybe Moore's more suited to that, even if he has less of a peak to reach. Either way as you say both of them would be a huge upgrade.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by THIZZorDIE View Post
                  IF we were to take an OLB with our first pick, were looking at Orakpo, Johnson, Jerry Hughes, Aaron Maybin or even Everette Brown. I see us imulating the Giants in the way that we have a go-to rush package where Lawson, Haralson, Smith, and our pick, are all on the field, maybe even all with there hand down. I think this would leave us in the right spot for sure.

                  Picking S with our first selection would be either Mays or Moore, both of which would be an immediate upgrade. Mays, who obviously has the bigger upside, has shown all the skills necessary, meanwhile showing everything that we dont have at the position. Outside of these two, I dont think there are any first round talents. I've seen Rashad Johnson really step up and play well for Bama this year, Saban really brought it out of him.

                  This draft will be about shoring up 2 or 3 postions, those being S, OLB/DE, and RT. Other than that, were grooming replacements and adding depth. Today was a good day, congratulations to Mike Singletary on being appointed head coach. This entire organization and fan base is behind him. He said this is last time our season ends in December, I love the sound of that. Lets go 9ers-
                  I like the idea of Everette Brown, the guy's a beast. I think if we dont go safety in round one, someone like Rashad wouldnt be a bad choice at all because you know that he's had great coaching at Bama and the Niners love to take those SEC guys. Thankfully our needs are clear cut and this draft is moderately deep at the positions of need.

                  Originally posted by Prime Time View Post
                  Todd McShay has us drafting Malcolm Jenkins CB in the first round... Not a bad pick!! I would love to pick him if he drops to 10.. What do you guys think? If not Malcolm, should we go for the best safety, pass rusher, or Tackle if any of those big guys drop?
                  I think Jenkins would be great but I dont see CB as a huge need, at the very least not one that should be addressed in the first round.

                  Does anyone know if we are doing the Senior Bowl again?
                  Last edited by Brent; 12-29-2008, 02:03 PM.

                  Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                  Comment


                  • We have the 10th overall pick in the draft? If so, is Mays/Moore worth being drafted that high? If not, I would much rather draft Jenkins because a shutdown corner is worth a lot more than a safety or pass rushing DE/OLB if we dont get Suggs.

                    Everyone is concerned about RT but im not if Snyder is starting at RT. From left to right, Staley, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal and Snyder. What we really need is better backups in case the starters get injured.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      We have the 10th overall pick in the draft? If so, is Mays/Moore worth being drafted that high? If not, I would much rather draft Jenkins because a shutdown corner is worth a lot more than a safety or pass rushing DE/OLB if we dont get Suggs.

                      Everyone is concerned about RT but im not if Snyder is starting at RT. From left to right, Staley, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal and Snyder. What we really need is better backups in case the starters get injured.
                      We really dont need another CB at all. Even with Walt getting very old, he has been very consistent, and besides, we are very deep behind him. Brown is improving steadily, Strickland is very solid, Spencer probably comes back, and Reggie Smith needs a look. Or maybe not, the pick is a huge waste in that case. Marcus hudson is nothing to sneeze at either. Our coverage is good enough, and improving the pass rush would compliment it so emphatically that I think its the obvious choice. The rest of the league has shown this week in-week out, especially this year.

                      With that said, we could take him possibly on BPA, as we said we were good enough to do so. We'll see if we adopt that strategy again.
                      Last edited by THIZZorDIE; 12-29-2008, 03:39 PM.

                      Comment


                      • But I dont want to end up getting this year's vernon gholston if there is one.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          We have the 10th overall pick in the draft? If so, is Mays/Moore worth being drafted that high? If not, I would much rather draft Jenkins because a shutdown corner is worth a lot more than a safety or pass rushing DE/OLB if we dont get Suggs.

                          Everyone is concerned about RT but im not if Snyder is starting at RT. From left to right, Staley, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal and Snyder. What we really need is better backups in case the starters get injured.
                          Dan watch some game film before you comment about needs.


                          My ideal 49er draft would be either

                          Taylor Mays
                          Phil Loadholt

                          or

                          Michael Oher
                          Rashad Johnson
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            Dan watch some game film before you comment about needs.


                            My ideal 49er draft would be either

                            Taylor Mays
                            Phil Loadholt

                            or

                            Michael Oher
                            Rashad Johnson

                            I'd be very happy with either of those scenarios.


                            #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                            "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                            Comment


                            • Am I alone in really hoping we can land a good No. 2 RB in the first three rounds? I think we all saw how the offense suffered when Gore was injured... adding another RB would provide insurance against that and also help keep Gore healthy and productive longer. I think it would be great if the Niners could look at what the Panthers have done with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart and try and pull off something similar... dream scenario would be somehow landing Knowshon Moreno, but I'd settle for a James Davis type, also.

                              Another thing to consider-- I'd bet we try and address one of these major needs in FA-- wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Niners go after either a veteran RT or FS to cut down on positions we need to address in the draft.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                                Am I alone in really hoping we can land a good No. 2 RB in the first three rounds? I think we all saw how the offense suffered when Gore was injured... adding another RB would provide insurance against that and also help keep Gore healthy and productive longer. I think it would be great if the Niners could look at what the Panthers have done with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart and try and pull off something similar... dream scenario would be somehow landing Knowshon Moreno, but I'd settle for a James Davis type, also.

                                Another thing to consider-- I'd bet we try and address one of these major needs in FA-- wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Niners go after either a veteran RT or FS to cut down on positions we need to address in the draft.
                                I think a back up RB would be nice but I think a short yardage/power back kind of RB is what is needed.

                                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information