This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Anyone catch the madden ratings? I'm happy with 'em.
    Link please.

I'm actually playing Madden NFL 2010 with the 49ers (8-2 on pro) and the final roster update. Since 2004, I dont think that EA even thinks that Brian Jennings is alive and well. I'm doing awesome with Smith (78rating) though. I have 31 TDs, and 10 ints. in 10 games. Granted, its on Pro but as a 2K5 fanboy, im still a newbie with Madden. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Link please.

I'm actually playing Madden NFL 2010 with the 49ers (8-2 on pro) and the final roster update. Since 2004, I dont think that EA even thinks that Brian Jennings is alive and well. I'm doing awesome with Smith (78rating) though. I have 31 TDs, and 10 ints. in 10 games. Granted, its on Pro but as a 2K5 fanboy, im still a newbie with Madden. LOL.
      uhhh hold on.. all I know is that the top 4 players on our team are Gore, VD, Aubrayo, and PWillis. Justin Smith's rating is high as **** as well.

EDIT:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/6/2...n-nfl-11-49ers
      Last edited by YAYareaRB; 07-02-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        Link please.

Dan, when did you start playing Madden? You have been the biggest Madden hater on here by far, often referring to it as "crappadden" when we bring up fantasy scenarios involving trades or FA signing we would make. Hmmm....

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• He's probably playing it because there isn't anything else out there. Madden blows.

Comment

• Deleted by me.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              uhhh hold on.. all I know is that the top 4 players on our team are Gore, VD, Aubrayo, and PWillis. Justin Smith's rating is high as **** as well.

EDIT:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/6/2...n-nfl-11-49ers
              Thanks for the link. My thoughts on the ratings -

QB - I think that Smith should be at least 78 since thats what he is on the final roster that I downloaded from EA.

RB - How Gore decreased a point from the final update is beyond me.
              FB - Norris is exactly the same and if anything, he should be decreased. Overrated.

WR - I think Crabs should have been an 85 with Morgan 77. Think Hill should be higher than Jones and Ginn.
              TE - Davis is awesome in 2010 and should be my main weapon in 2011 despite the one point decrease. :)

LT - Seeing Staley as an 87 is good but I would have had him at 85.
              LG - Iupati being 83 is awesome and even Baas at 78 is a good backup
              C - Heitmann should probably be the same as Staley but im not complaining. Shocked to see Wallace at 70 which is definitely too high.
              RG - Snyder increased to what he would be if you moved him from OT to OG.
              RT - NOT happy about Davis being only a 75. Come on. He was a top ten draft pick and should be at least 80 in with high potential.

LE - Seeing Sopoaga only at a 71 is disapppointing. He should be higher. He's not great but he's better than a 71 and hell, he even decreased a point.
              NT - The guy is wrong. Franklin at 90 is an upgrade over the final roster update (88).
              RE -Smith is the same (89) as he was in the final roster update. McDonald being the same as Sopoaga is just sad.

LOLB - Think Lawson should be an even 80 but no biggie.
              MLB - Willis is awesome and Spikes is a damn good 84 and increased by two points.
              ROLB - Haralson is the same and Brooks increased by two points.

CB - Clements (84) and Spencer (81) should be reversed.
              FS - Goldson increasing from 74 to 80 makes me a very happy camper. :)
              SS - Lewis is the same (80) but he's declined the last two seasons compared to 2007 when he was pretty damn good and was great at replacing Parrish. If Mays wins the starting spot, hopefully they increase Mays and decrease Lewis to where Mays is rated higher.

K - Nedney decreased two points.
              P - Lee also decreased two points.

Overall, my main complaint is Davis being only 75 and that I think Clements and Spencer should be reversed. Other than that, minor differences for the starters between the final roster update for 2010 and the default roster fr 2011. Majority of the players are the same and NT Mitchell isnt making the team and where the **** is Brian Jennings??? Does EA HATE that guy or something because I have never ever seen him in Madden. UGH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman
                Dan, when did you start playing Madden? You have been the biggest Madden hater on here by far, often referring to it as "crappadden" when we bring up fantasy scenarios involving trades or FA signing we would make. Hmmm....
                Honestly, this past Tuesday. I was bored and downloaded the NCAA 11 demo and actually played several games and since Madden NFL 2010 was only $30, I decided to buy it again. I had it last year for 360 but didnt have my HDTV at the time. Since I have an HDTV now, I figured for $30, what the hell.

Well, I still refer to it as Crapadden because its still inferior to 2K5 in so many ways and after six years, it should be past it already but isnt. Injured Reserve is still flawed and I hate position requirements because it doesnt exist in reality. There's a 42 (or 46, cant remember which) minimum player limit for gamedays in regards to players being "active". The depth chart needs to be fixed to because I hate seeing a TE listed as my second or third string FB. Those three things annoy me to no end.

The "presentation" is a joke compared to 2K5 and the halftime/post game shows are also a joke. The highlights are good but they're all mixed up and not in order. You'll see a 4th qtr highlight and then a 2nd qtr highlight. Makes no sense. That extra point weekly wrapup is crap compared to 2K5's weekly wrapup. Hate the cutscenes in Madden but I think I turned them off because it just looks so cheap because it was copied from 2K5. In 2K5, the cutscenes were cool because it was the first time it was done but I hated the cheerleader cutscenes in 2K5 because who the hell wants to see that?

Dont like that they're missing the "points off turnovers" stat after games. The Indy game which I lost saw me throw 3 TD's with Smith but 4 INT's and I couldnt find how many points Indy scored off those 4 INT's and that kind of annoyed me. Also, have always wondered why there's left/right OG/OT/DE/OLB but yet, there's no LWR/RWR and LCB/RCB. Also, for teams that run the 3-4, there should be a LILB/RILB like in 2K5.

Gameplay wise, I easily prefer 2K5 overall but I'll admit its not perfect. Madden to me is the same year in and year out. If you played five years ago, you can pretty much continue where you left off once you learn the control setup. I only attempted one in 2010 but did like the screens in the NCAA 11 demo. Thats one negative in 2K5. Screens rarely if ever worked. Back to Madden, I can put Gore in the flat and 9/10, can get a pretty good gain because no one ever covers him. Running is okay. I mainly pass but I have had a few good runs with Gore but most of them are just average runs.

Defensively, the tackling is much improved but I still hate seeing "clothesline" tackles and dont like the fact that I only see gang tackles when several defenders make contact with the ball carrier at the same time. Sacks are rare to get. I only have 15 or so sacks total through 10 games. I cant get to the QB for crap.

Franchise mode is better in Madden but i do wish I could edit the Draft Class like I did in 2K5. I would be able to add in the drafted rookies in my 49ers franchise. Dont care about the owner mode whatsoever. Enjoyed it in Madden NFL 2004 but not anymore.

Perhaps, my biggest complaint is this - where the **** is MINI CAMP??? I loved that in 2004 and why they removed it is beyond me.

And in regards to 2011, I havent really paid attention to it but if "swagger" is the best EA can come up, I have no doubt in my mind that 2K5 will never ever be surpassed by Madden.

And as for why im playing Madden instead of 2K5, two reasons, 1) I dont have the time that I had before to update rosters since the game is six years old and 2) since im playing 2K5 on a slim PS2, I dont have the HDD and not having the video highlights quite honestly sucks. I hate seeing "photo highlights".

Originally posted by binary
                He's probably playing it because there isn't anything else out there. Madden blows.
                Exactly. LOL. :)

Comment

• Sounds good, dan. I think you should submit your ideas to EA Sports and the makers of Madden about what changes you would like to see. Really, some of the things you point out hold a lot of water from a football sense.

One Madden trick I love is playing with a 4-3 D and then drafting OLBs with high strength and decent speed, then changing their position to DEs. You end up with bad-a** DEs as rookies (93 or 94 OVR) quite often and/or you have trading pieces that will yield you 1st-2nd Round picks or fill other position needs.

Regarding the discussion on Safeties, I would like to see all the young players at that position that have been drafted recently make the team and let their play on the field dictate who is worth keeping. I liked what I saw from Reggie Smith last year in preseason (for the most part), Taylor is a thumper, I want to see Goldson take it to the next level, and I'm curios to see if Mays can show what he's been sponging up so far.

On a side note, I thought this was a VERY interesting read on the Niners QBs. The guy is a bit of a rebel, but he does stand up for what he believes in and has been with a lot of scouting teams that have helped win rings.

http://tinyurl.com/3a94dsp

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman
                    Sounds good, dan. I think you should submit your ideas to EA Sports and the makers of Madden about what changes you would like to see. Really, some of the things you point out hold a lot of water from a football sense.

One Madden trick I love is playing with a 4-3 D and then drafting OLBs with high strength and decent speed, then changing their position to DEs. You end up with bad-a** DEs as rookies (93 or 94 OVR) quite often and/or you have trading pieces that will yield you 1st-2nd Round picks or fill other position needs.

Regarding the discussion on Safeties, I would like to see all the young players at that position that have been drafted recently make the team and let their play on the field dictate who is worth keeping. I liked what I saw from Reggie Smith last year in preseason (for the most part), Taylor is a thumper, I want to see Goldson take it to the next level, and I'm curios to see if Mays can show what he's been sponging up so far.

On a side note, I thought this was a VERY interesting read on the Niners QBs. The guy is a bit of a rebel, but he does stand up for what he believes in and has been with a lot of scouting teams that have helped win rings.

Nah, im not even going to bother doing that because from what I have read in the past, those who work at EA havent even taken the suggestions from the hardcore Madden fans and personally, without any competition, I just dont think that EA gives a damn.

Thats a good trick but I dont do trades. I havent done trades since 2K3 on PS2 and it was always for lower rated players just so I could add some cap room. In 2K3, there was a trick where you could release players in the roster manager screen, start a franchise and re-sign them for what they should be paid based on their overall rating, position and years pro. I remember playing with the Dolphins and had Madison over $7m legit because he was rated 97 but after the first season, I would always trade him to TEN for Rolle because I would end up gaining more than half of Madison's pay in cap room and still have a CB rated 86 or so and along with Surtain who was the same, I still had two awesome CB's.

I personally try to play with the team as is for the first season and then just use FA and the Draft to build my team. Except for 2K3, I havent done trades since the Tecmo Super Bowl III: Final Edition days. LOL.

And as for my franchise, I deleted it since I checked injuries and noticed that NOT one player was injured in the entire league. I then realized that I had SIM Injuries OFF but I thought that was just for my team when simulating which is what I do for pre-season. I was kind of bummed about that but whatever.

I think every safety will make the team but if I had to pick one who might not make it past final cuts, I would pick Lewis if he doesnt win the starting SS spot and then add in his salary which is too high for a backup.

I read that article and find it funny that he rated Leinart higher than Smith even though he's done less with more and didnt have his HC screw him over when he was injured or have five OC's in five years. But whatever, thats why they play the games. To see who's better.

Comment

• He doesn't think much of Lienart or Smith as NFL QBs, so his rating them one above the other is all but irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post

That guy is an out of work scout who is snakebitten because he thought Alex Smith was a joke and Nate Davis is a first rounder. Meanwhile, Alex is the starter and team writers are talking about who Davis is struggling to learn the playbook. He wants Alex to fail so he can say "told you so."

Gee, I wonder if he is biased.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Gotta believe Davis has a better win% as starter than Smith does

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            Gotta believe Davis has a better win% as starter than Smith does
                            Which means absolutely nothing considering the epically bad teams Smith has been on. That '06 team was lucky to be 7-9 with that roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Gotta believe Davis has a better win% as starter than Smith does
                              How can it be possible for Davis to have a better win percentage when its at ZERO????

Comment

• He's just mad the 49ers are taking back the West this season

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information