Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone guess on what type of statline Alex Smith is going to put up. My guess: 3300 yards, 62%, 26 TDs, and 14 Ints. Expecting him to continue on from last season and stay very efficient in the red zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
      What's everyone guess on what type of statline Alex Smith is going to put up. My guess: 3300 yards, 62%, 26 TDs, and 14 Ints. Expecting him to continue on from last season and stay very efficient in the red zone.
      what was it when they extrapolated his stats over 16 games? because that is about what I expect. I want to believe that the offense is a tad more creative with a year under its belt, as well as hopeful improvements to the line, which would allow for better running lanes for Gore.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        what was it when they extrapolated his stats over 16 games? because that is about what I expect. I want to believe that the offense is a tad more creative with a year under its belt, as well as hopeful improvements to the line, which would allow for better running lanes for Gore.
        333-550 60.5% 3405 yds 27 TD 19 INT is what I found off of google. It might have been Matt Barrows since on his twitter feed he had Alex throwing for 27 tds this season. I think the comp. % is going to be a tad bit higher with less drops and more knowledge of where his options. They left a lot of yards out on the field last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          333-550 60.5% 3405 yds 27 TD 19 INT
          I think that is pretty realistic, and if that is what we get, I think that would be more than enough. Save for all those INTs.

Comment

• I dont see Smith throwing 550 passes unless Gore gets injured for a long period of time. If everyone on the starting offense stays healthy, I'll say 60% with over 3000 yards, 30 TD's and 12 INT's.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              I dont see Smith throwing 550 passes unless Gore gets injured for a long period of time. If everyone on the starting offense stays healthy, I'll say 60% with over 3000 yards, 30 TD's and 12 INT's.
              That's a Pro Bowl alternate kind of a season.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Our 9ers page looks kinda nekkid now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                  I dont see Smith throwing 550 passes unless Gore gets injured for a long period of time. If everyone on the starting offense stays healthy, I'll say 60% with over 3000 yards, 30 TD's and 12 INT's.
                  Alex Smith with 30 touchdowns. Seems unreal. Hopefully it happens.

In any case, CSN Bay Area has some segments on this year's draft class for the 49ers. Take a look, the videos are interesting. I really liked the persona of Navorro Bowman. Seems like a guy with a good head on his shoulders. Take a peak:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/meet_the_rookies_10
                  Last edited by Ness; 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Any news on the contract situations of Davis/Iupati/Mays/Bowman??? I have literally heard nothing on these guys and training camp starts this weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      Alex Smith with 30 touchdowns. Seems unreal. Hopefully it happens.

In any case, CSN Bay Area has some segments on this year's draft class for the 49ers. Take a look, the videos are interesting. I really liked the persona of Navorro Bowman. Seems like a guy with a good head on his shoulders. Take a peak:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/meet_the_rookies_10
                      "you know"

Comment

• Interesting tidbit out of Barrow's latest blog:
                        http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...tary-eage.html
                        A source recently told me that the 49ers tried to move Glen Coffee on draft day.
                        Kinda surprising that Sing and Co were already looking to move Coffee. He wasn't productive last season but curious to see how he looks with the added weight and Dixon pushing him.

Comment

• well, I think we can all agree, he looked pretty "meh" running the ball.

Comment

• meh = timid for Coffee. He needed to get angry and more confident and run with purpose.

He must have been a Scotty Mac guy that they chose to Draft, not a Sing guy. Sing would give a guy more chance than that if he believed in him. I bet Dixon gets a good shot at passing Coffee on the depth chart if he can be consistent in training camp.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              meh = timid for Coffee. He needed to get angry and more confident and run with purpose.
                              Coffee had a magnificent preseason a yr. ago but when he faced the opponents' A Teams in the regular season, not so much, the holes just weren't there but that says a lot about the 9ers front 5 OL.

Notice that Gore got those long runs between the tackles on quick hitting plays or by running through the LB's arm tackle? The 9ers inability to run block on designed plays like sweeps, draws. etc. played a big part in their decision to draft the 2 O-linemen early last April.

Comment

• Anthony Davis and N. Bowman signing tomorrow, 2 left:
                                http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/29/10/D...10&feedID=5936

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information