X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
    Anthony Davis and N. Bowman signing tomorrow, 2 left:
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/29/10/D...10&feedID=5936
    get those dudes in camp! glad to see the Niners are stepping up and getting **** done.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Team Taylor (Mays) signed:
      MaioccoCSN The answer: Yes. Taylor Mays has agreed to a four-year contract and he's going in to sign his deal. All that leaves is Mike Iupati ...
      And then there was one.

Comment

• **** yeah! I love Paraag. That boy gets it done.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• They'll get Iupati locked today. They're working on his deal now.

I can't wait to see these rooks step up and make some plays for the Niners this year! Time to go to then next level - the playoffs!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Iupati signed. Probably start working on Vernon next.
            @Adam_Schefter Niners keeping busy: Now they have signed their other first-round pick, guard Mike Iupati, to a five-year deal.

Comment

• First rookie meeting was at 11 am for 49ers. Mike Iupati signed with 30 minutes to spare!

MUCH better than last year's 71 day holdout from Crabs and his idiot agent.

Smashmouth Camp begins NOW!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• in honor of camp starting, I give you a horrible song from 1984.

Comment

• Happy to know that all the drafted rookies have been signed but im kind of surprised that Davis was signed for five years instead of the max six years. Oh well.

Comment

• Well, it appears that NT Aubrayo Franklin hasnt showed up for TC but since he hasnt signed his franchise tag tender, he's not required to. Personally, im happy that he hasnt signed his tender and hope he doesnt until the week between pre-season and the regular season as I dont want to see the chance of him getting injured by participating in TC and pre-season.

I know majority of 49er fans think that Franklin should get a long term deal but im not one of them and quite honestly, I have Davis, Goldson and Lawson ahead of him because unlike Franklin, the other three are all entering their prime where as Franklin is a veteran and will be 30 years old on August 27th.

If anything, I would keep Franklin in 2011 under the franchise tag yet again. At just over $7m for 2010, franchising him again in 2011 would still be a bargain if he plays the same in 2010 as he did in 2009 while at the same time, avoiding the risk of giving him a long term contract and then regret it (see Redskins).

That's what I would do if I was the 49ers GM. What would the rest of you do with Franklin?

Comment

• watching these: http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/meet_the_rookies_10

I can't help but want all these draft picks to make the 53 man roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        watching these: http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/meet_the_rookies_10

I can't help but want all these draft picks to make the 53 man roster.
                        I think that they all will make the final 53 but at the same time, could be released and put on the PS afterwards since teams love signing and releasing players depending on what other teams do with their rosters at final cuts.

Comment

• This article on Matt Maiocco's blog pretty much puts the most important thing for the 49ers into perspective: quarterback play.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/31/10/M...D=5936&qv=1#bp

For me it's simple. If Alex Smith doesn't play like a respectable starter and can't show he can carry a team on his back when he need to, the 49ers won't be making the playoffs, and the franchise will see a lot of changes. I can't remember the last time this team really depended on one essential variable. Sure we have depth issues at corner, maybe Franklin won't be in camp, but none of that really matters as much as the success of Alex Smith does. We really have practically everything in place to make a postseason run. And things are set up pretty well for us in the NFC West. At least Maiocco has noticed some positive changes in Alex. So that is encouraging.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            This article on Matt Maiocco's blog pretty much puts the most important thing for the 49ers into perspective: quarterback play.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/31/10/M...D=5936&qv=1#bp

For me it's simple. If Alex Smith doesn't play like a respectable starter and can't show he can carry a team on his back when he need to, the 49ers won't be making the playoffs, and the franchise will see a lot of changes. I can't remember the last time this team really depended on one essential variable. Sure we have depth issues at corner, maybe Franklin won't be in camp, but none of that really matters as much as the success of Alex Smith does. We really have practically everything in place to make a postseason run. And things are set up pretty well for us in the NFC West. At least Maiocco has noticed some positive changes in Alex. So that is encouraging.
                            I feel like Alex will do fine if he's given time. Looking back at last year's games, almost every time the pass protection was good, Alex executed. If the pass protection improves, this Offense could range from solid to even pretty freaking good......but I don't wanna get my hopes up with Raye as the OC.

Comment

• I agree that its all on Smith and how he plays will determine whether or not he's our franchise QB and whether or not we make the playoffs. While I wasnt the happiest 49ers fan at the time we selected Davis and Iupati at 11 and 17 respectively, I must admit that both were great moves because in order for Smith to succeed, he first needs a damn good OL.

My only major complaint is that we didnt sign/draft/trade for a speed back who can catch out of the backfield. I think a speed back would have helped our offense even more and given Smith another weapon, a drop down option and a weapon on screens as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                                I feel like Alex will do fine if he's given time. Looking back at last year's games, almost every time the pass protection was good, Alex executed. If the pass protection improves, this Offense could range from solid to even pretty freaking good......but I don't wanna get my hopes up with Raye as the OC.
                                We can't expect the pass protection to always be super great though. Especially in this era of free agency. Sometimes a quarterback makes an offensive line look worse than they really are. Our protection last season wasn't great, but it wasn't so bad that I didn't think anyone couldn't have succeeded back there. Raye might be a problem though. Regardless, Alex still needs to do his part and read defenses better. We've seen quarterbacks get sacked a bunch of times and still put up numbers and or lead their teams to wins. This hasn't been the case for Alex. That is going to have to change.
                                Last edited by Ness; 08-01-2010, 03:09 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information