X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the needs are pretty clear but if I were to rank them, I'd say:

1 - QB - Pretty obvious.
    2 - RT - Sims isn't awful but he's not good.
    3 - DT - We look awful against the runs up the middle
    4 - DE/LB - SOMEONE who can get some pressure.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
      Major Needs

1- QB
      2- OT
      3- DT
      4- Pass Rusher
      5- C/OG
      6- TE

HC Candidates- Jim Harbaugh, Todd Haley, Jim Schwartz, Russ Grimm, Steve Spagnulo.

McCloughan's job shouldnt be safe. He doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt. Id wait until the end of the season to decide his fate, but he certainly should watch out. Not sure who we can replace him with, but we should pluck someone from a great drafting team (Colts, Pats, Giants, etc).

FA- Jordan Gross or Albert Haynesworth. Haynesworth is probably going to be re-signed but if he isnt we need to overspend on this guy. We'll have a ton of cap space since Smith and Jennings are gone, hopefully Vernon Davis too.
      Why should McCloughan go? He has been awesome putting talent on the team. I think San Fran needs to decide what defense they are going to play in the offseason. Barry Sims is garbage RT is a big need unless Snyder gets moved there and either Baas or Rachal starts at LG.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I believe Snyder is going to stay at guard. He spent all offseason playing/practicing there.

Comment

Yeah I guess that is fine. The thing that is good is if the Niners have a high pick they will definitly be able to find a very good RT.

Comment

The only OL starter I want to see starting next year is Staley and that should be at RT:

LT - Rookie 1st rounder. Smith/Oher/Monroe are all beasts.
            LG - Bass. He's the best guard we got right now. Snyder blows.
            C - Ummm, we need to hit the market.
            RG - Rachal. I liked what I saw in preseason. He should be playing right now. Wragge is OK as a backup.
            RT - Staley. I'm pretty sure he's going to be decent, but not great.

As for our needs:

1. LT - badly need a franchise guy.
            2. NT - Haven't had a great one in a looooooooong time.
            3. OLB/DE - Speed rusher that can create havoc.
            4. CB - Clements is fine. Will be legit with a coach that has a clue how to use him. Need a better No. 2. Brown/Smith are fine as nickel/dime backs.
            5. QB - gotta develop somebody. Let JTO/FA take the lumps for a year while we get our line straightened out.
            6. C - we suck up the middle.
            7. ILB - can get away with what we got now, but eventually need a better compliment to PWillie, unless we go 4-3.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Staley is the Franchise LT. The need is at RT. I think Hietmann is a pretty solid center.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                Staley is the Franchise LT.
                Then we're in big trouble. He's slightly above average, but I wouldn't label him a franchise LT. Think about the franchise LTs in the league. I don't put Staley in their class.

The need is at RT. I think Hietmann is a pretty solid center.
                Meh. We could do much better.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Joe is still getting used to it he gets better every week. I have played all five spots and it definitly takes time to get used to the switch. Especially at tackle.

Comment

Why should McCloughan go? He has been awesome putting talent on the team. I think San Fran needs to decide what defense they are going to play in the offseason. Barry Sims is garbage RT is a big need unless Snyder gets moved there and either Baas or Rachal starts at LG.
                    We do have some talent but our drafts have been mediocre for the most part. Look at 05. That should be the foundation of our team. We got gore, and busted on pretty much every other pick. Baas cant even start and Snyder is just average.

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                    Then we're in big trouble. He's slightly above average, but I wouldn't label him a franchise LT. Think about the franchise LTs in the league. I don't put Staley in their class.

Meh. We could do much better.
                    No love for Cody Wallace?

I think im going to go watch some Americas game about the 89 and 94 49ers tommorow. Need to wash the taste of this team out of my mouth. Walsh, Seifert, Young, Montana, Lott, Rice, Rathman, Craig, Jones, Sanders, Hanks, Barton, Cross, Watters, Floyd, Turner,Norton...those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                      We do have some talent but our drafts have been mediocre for the most part. Look at 05. That should be the foundation of our team. We got gore, and busted on pretty much every other pick. Baas cant even start and Snyder is just average.
                      Alright well we will look at the hits in the draft since Mccloughan.

2nd - David Baas- Has had trouble staying healthy but is good when playing

3rd - Frank Gore- One of the best RBs in the NFL

3rd - Adam Snyder- Pretty solid starter no matter where he has been

5th - Ron Fields - Pretty consistant has worked his way into the rotation still on the team

7th - Billy Bajema - Solid blocking TE still with the team

Results 5/11 - Yeah not greatwith two full time starters, one part time, one pro bowler, and three role players

1st - Vernon Davis - Great blocker not been used properly, thus I believe adding to his inconsistancy in the recieveing game

1st - Manny Lawson - Very good starter and special teams player. Has also not been handled correctly to his talents. Injuries have hurt as well

4th - Michael Robinson - Great special teams player. Pretty good offensive weapon never gets played though

5th - Parys Haralson - Solid starter very good against the run and good pass rusher

6th Delaine Walker - Very good special teams player, has ability in the recieveing game

6th Marcus Hudson - Pretty good physical dime CB

6/9 Pretty good draft class there lots of talent.

1st - Patrick Willis - this man needs no introduction

1st - Joe Staley - Appears to be the Franchise LT gets better every week

3rd - Ray Mcdonald - Appears to be maturing into a very good player

4th Dashon Goldson - Has starting potential played solid when given the opportunity

5th Tarrell Brown - Showed starting ability played well as the nickel

5/9 A little early to fully evaluate this one, but this is what it looks like so far.

Looking at the overview I see a lot of talent, but nobody that has been able to put it all together on the field.

Comment

I dont know why I didnt think of this before but I hope that the organization gives it a try (this is assuming that Martz stays with the team):

1) Re-negotiate the contract with Alex to keep him at least to training camp and see if, when he's healthy and knows the offense, can he perform well and be the starter for this franchise (after spending this year learning Martz's system).

2) Draft a QB later in the draft (4th round or something to that effect since I dont believe we will have a shot at Stafford) who can sit and learn behind whoever-the-hell is starting, whether that be Alex or JTO or Hill or some random FA pick up.

Obviously, if Alex doesnt earn the starting job and wont take a drastic pay cut you kick his ass to the curb. Remember, the thinking inside the organization is that, if Alex were to be healthy and know the offense, he'd be better in it than JTO by the latter part of this season. So, if he will take a cut to stay here ('cause Nolan is gone) and the same system is in place, why not keep him around?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I dont know why I didnt think of this before but I hope that the organization gives it a try (this is assuming that Martz stays with the team):

1) Re-negotiate the contract with Alex to keep him at least to training camp and see if, when he's healthy and knows the offense, can he perform well and be the starter for this franchise (after spending this year learning Martz's system).

2) Draft a QB later in the draft (4th round or something to that effect since I dont believe we will have a shot at Stafford) who can sit and learn behind whoever-the-hell is starting, whether that be Alex or JTO or Hill or some random FA pick up.

Obviously, if Alex doesnt earn the starting job and wont take a drastic pay cut you kick his ass to the curb.
                          I think that is exactly what should be done. If the team has a bad record at the end of the year, which is looking very possible I am sure they could get Alex so stay by telling him there will be a competition.

Comment

My early 2009 off-season -

HEAD COACH - Fire Mike Nolan. Hire Mike Holmgren if possible. I would offer him $10m a year to come back. If he takes it, great. If not, move on. I would do this quickly though as I wouldnt want to get the team in a situation like after Norv Turner left. I dont want any damn coordinator from any other team whatsoever because I have a feling its not going to work out for us. I want the next HC to be someone who's good, has experience, leadership and that the players and other coaches will respect. I also want an offensive HC. I know that Holmgren is 50/50 at best but another reason why I want him is because he can develop QB's. He did it with Favre and Hasselbeck. Since QB is our biggest problem and taking everything else into consideration, im sure that everyone can see why I would do whatever it takes to bring Holmgren home.

Bill Cowher would be next on the list wth Mike Singletary third. I dont want a coordinator or assistant coach being our next HC but if that was to happen, I would go with Singletary as the players like and respect him.

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR - Marty Mornhinweg. I know some dont like him and I'll admit that he sucked as a HC in DET (but who hasnt?) but he's one hell of an OC. He also runs the WCO and when you add him and Holmgren, the offense will definitely get back on track with the two of them working together.

Cam Cameron would be second on my list with Norm Chow third and the favorite if for whatever reason, ARZ wants to trade Leinart in the off-season. I dont see that happening but then again, who the hell knows?

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR - Rob Ryan. I know Borat and others may not like him but at look at what he's done in OAK. His defense is the reason why they win games and keep others close. He primary runs a 4-3 which is what we need to get back to in my opinion because without a dominant NT, running the 3-4 is pointless in my opinion. I'll also explain why we should g back to the 4-3 later in this long ass post.

Dom Capers would be second on my list and only if we stay with the 3-4 defense which I wouldnt so it's all Ryan.

GENERAL MANAGER - If I can get Holmgren, McCloughan stays. Otherwise, he's gone but I honestly have no idea who I would replace him with. Maybe, Terry Donahue. LOL.

<continued>

Comment

If Alex wasn't hurt, he would be playing right now.

Comment

Yeah probably

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information