Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the 49ers practice this morning here in Monterey. It was awesome. It was closed to the public but I went with Isaac Sopoaga's family.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
      Went to the 49ers practice this morning here in Monterey. It was awesome. It was closed to the public but I went with Isaac Sopoaga's family.
      pictures?

also, how did you swing that last part?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
        I agree, and if they keep a tenth, my guess it would be Brian de la Puenta before it would be Cody Wallace.
        I forgot about him. He did pretty good in 08 during the preseason. It probably doesn't count for anything but honestly thats more than Wallace has done. He's a scrub.

In other roster discussion, i hope Briggs beats out LaBoy for the 4th OLB spot. It would be nice to have a young prospect at OLB.

Comment

• well, McKillop tore his ACL, guess that means NaVorro will be getting more time.

Comment

• McKillop tore his ACL and Patella Tendon. OUCH!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...atella-tendon/

This definitely sucks and I can see Wilhelm now making the final 53. Teams need to stop overworking players and pushing everyone. I ******* hate off-season injuries because it seems like players get injured more in the off-season than they do during the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              Teams need to stop overworking players and pushing everyone. I ******* hate off-season injuries because it seems like players get injured more in the off-season than they do during the regular season.
              an ACL tear can occur far easier than you may think. one can tear an ACL simply from planting their foot when running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                an ACL tear can occur far easier than you may think. one can tear an ACL simply from planting their foot when running.
                Well, that definitely sucks even though I would have been more pissed if it was Willis or Spikes but thankfully, thats not the case and Navorro will take his place and Wilhelm will be our special teamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  pictures?

also, how did you swing that last part?
                  I grew up with all of them.

Comment

• That injury ******* sucks. I know I've hated on McKillop before but you hate to lose a guy for a season for any reason. But, It's Navorro time.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      That injury ******* sucks. I know I've hated on McKillop before but you hate to lose a guy for a season for any reason. But, It's Navorro time.
                      at the least, McKillop was a good special teamer, sucks to lose him but maybe NaVorro will show some upside.

Comment

• Yeah, McKillop's injury is only good news for Wilhelm. Scotty will definitely be missed on Special Teams. I wish him a speedy recovery.

On a positive not, did anyone else see the old practice footage of Rice? Amazing!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/nine...T1QEiGFOohjZRc

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_15688641

The Seaside practice in Monterey Co. Thursday was kept quiet & turned into a big surprise for the team. Singletary has used this tactic before, I think the continuation of the nutcracker drill was his testing their toughness under pressure, now he's testing their adaptability to sudden change. I'll bet the players loved the weather in the 50s for that practice session, it's been unseasonably cool most of this summer in the Bay Area -- I've loved the absence of the heat waves since like most here I don't have AC.

Confirmed that Wragge is the 2nd team backup at center as he took Heitman's place when the starter left practice with a stinger, that could be a very bad sign for Cody Wallace's future as a 9er.

Damn shame about McKillop's season tanking this early. Could be worse -- see Denver or the Ravens with their much longer lists of camp injuries.

The concussion bug has bitten three 9ers now, Travis LaBoy had a described mild one & Baas is still sitting out practice since the severity his is still TBD, although described also as mild by the team. Delanie Walker, arguably their best, most experienced ST player, has the other concussion.

Comment

• Did anyone hear Maiocco on KNBR this morning? He said there are rumors that Bill Walsh taped a speech for Jerry Rice's induction into the HOF before he passed away. ******* awesome.
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• If I put on my rose-colored-glasses and look at McKillop's injury, I can hope that he returns to 100% form next season and is a tremendous backup and ST ace while the extra reps allos for NaVorro Bowman to become a tremendous starting TED alongside Willis in 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                Did anyone hear Maiocco on KNBR this morning? He said there are rumors that Bill Walsh taped a speech for Jerry Rice's induction into the HOF before he passed away. ******* awesome.
                                Bill Walsh > any one ever associated with the NFL, ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information