This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    just wondering how many people were aware that the V in NoVarro is supposed to be capitalized
    most people, but no one knew it was until recently. I didnt realize it was so important to you.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I do not want to get too excited for the season, because I don't want my hopes dashed again, but reading these reports from training camp it is hard not to. The reports, especially concerning Alex Smith and the receivers, from last year's training camp were not nearly as positive as they are this year.

Comment

just wondering how many people were aware that the V in NoVarro is supposed to be capitalized
        just wondering how many people were aware that the NaVorro in NaVorro Bowman is spelled "NaVorro"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          I like Jarrett Brown because he's, given his physic talents, a hell of a project.

Especially if Nate "Fan Obsession" Davis is not picking up the offense fast enough.
          Both Nate Davis and Jarret Brown are through the roof as far as potential goes. The unfortunate thing is that Brown is every bit of a project as Davis with 2 years less experience.

I strongly believe that based on physical ability alone the 49ers have the deepest QB roster in the NFL. The problem is, none of that matters if it doesn't translate on the field.

Originally posted by Borat View Post
          His kidney will be reevaluated in 2 weeks. He could (hope not) be outmuch, much longer. It could, if serious enough, end his season. Let us all pray that's not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I will be shocked if Jones is still on the roster after the final cuts especially with his contract. Releasing Jones would save over $11m over four years according to ninercaphell.com. Bye bye.
            The unfortunate thing is that, according to reports, Jones has looked great in camp. Just like last year.

Comment

• Boone breaks steel beam in blocking sled

Trying to impress coaches for the backup role to either/both OT spots, 6-7, 328-lb Alex Boone hit the blocking sled so hard he broke the steel beam. That's right, a freaking steel beam.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...his-big-break/

He's trying to show the team he's cleaned up his act from his alcoholic overindulgence from Ohio St. days -- 30 beers A DAY??!! Wow. He's lucky he has that tough constitution, most peoples' livers would've exploded.

Biggest surprise for me so far is Coffee reporting to camp 17 lbs heavier. If he can maintain his speed burst & acceleration while carrying that much beef, watch out.
              Last edited by LizardState; 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Love everything I've been hearing (except for Crabs and VD's case of dropsies) but I still wanted a speedy back. It seems like we have 3 backs that are solid in body size and move well. I still think we should nabbed a speedster tho

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  The unfortunate thing is that, according to reports, Jones has looked great in camp. Just like last year.
                  And didnt he just get injured yet again? Looking at the receivers, im hoping it looks like this - Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Ginn, Zeigler and Williams (R).

I want the rookie to make the final 53 and im hoping that Zeigler makes it to because from what I have read the coaches love the guy and want to keep him around. Seriously, whats the worse Zeigler/Williams could do? One reception for 17 yards??? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    And didnt he just get injured yet again? Looking at the receivers, im hoping it looks like this - Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Ginn, Zeigler and Williams (R).

I want the rookie to make the final 53 and im hoping that Zeigler makes it to because from what I have read the coaches love the guy and want to keep him around. Seriously, whats the worse Zeigler/Williams could do? One reception for 17 yards??? LOL.
                    I don't think we're keeping six receivers on the roster. We rarely go to four wide receiver sets. I'm guessing it's going to be five, and that it will be Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Ginn, and Williams.
                    Last edited by Ness; 08-08-2010, 04:29 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I like Williams as well. He could develop into a nice selection

Comment

• Williams sounds like a speedster. I think his ticket to 53 is returning punts, which he sounds capable of doing.

Comment

• SF fans all so jumpy

Comment

SF fans all so jumpy
                            you're the one that came in here and started it, fenikz.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              I must've voted for 15-20 minutes. I'm not really a fan of the matchup system theyre using. Its nearly impossible to pick between some and entirely too easy for others. It must be a pretty complex program that will eventually determine the top-100.
                              Jerry Rice should be number 1
                              San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                              Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                you're the one that came in here and started it, fenikz.
                                i just stated a random fact about novarro bowman's name, silly goose

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information