Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that the two best receivers for you guys have the nicknames "crabs" and "VD".

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
      Ugh scary injury. Silver lining is Briggs is going to get a ton of reps with Brooks and Leboy hurting. Wonder if SF will look into Adalius Thomas if Brooks has to miss extended time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        And didnt he just get injured yet again? Looking at the receivers, im hoping it looks like this - Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Ginn, Zeigler and Williams (R).
        Unfortunately, according to Phil Barber, it's just a hamstring. Hopefully he's out long enough for the other WRs to jump ahead of him.

Comment

• LeRoy Vann cut (Off Matt Maiocco's twitter)
          The 49ers have informed undrafted rookie returnman LeRoy Vann that he's been waived, a league source told Comcast SportsNet.
          Wanted to at least see him in one pre season game but the drop punts and being behind Williams and Ginn caught up to him. Also newly signed Kevin Jurovich will probably get a chance at PR in the next few weeks.

MaioccoCSN Take this as a major vote of confidence for Kyle Williams to contribute in the 49ers' punt return game.
          Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 08-09-2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• I definitely see Williams making the final 53 as the 5th or 6th WR. Either way, as long as Jones is gone, I'll be happy.

Comment

• Haven't been paying a lot of attention to TC this year, can anyone tell me how Mays is looking?

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                Haven't been paying a lot of attention to TC this year, can anyone tell me how Mays is looking?
                2nd team but behind Reggie Smith

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Busy day at 49ers practice:
                  http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...tary-stop.html

-Eric Heitmann and Martail Burnett were carted off
                  -Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati are officially named starters

Crossing my fingers the Heitmann injury isn't serious would be a blow to the line. SF needs to sign a OLB in the next few days with them now having three OLB hurting.

Update from Maiocco is Heitmann is doubtful for the opener
                  http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/09/10/H...73&feedID=5936

Good thing that we still got Baas on the roster. Remember a few draftniks were saying that Baas was eventually going to move over to center when SF drafted him.
                  Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 08-09-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• I feel confident with Tony Wragge backing up Eric Heitman. He has experience at center and filled in nicely when Heitman was hurt a few years ago. Good thing is that there is still a decent amount of time in training camp to get in line with the first team offense. Sucks we're having so many injuries this training camp. At this rate everyone is going to be sidelined.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      Busy day at 49ers practice:
                      http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...tary-stop.html

-Eric Heitmann and Martail Burnett were carted off
                      -Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati are officially named starters

Crossing my fingers the Heitmann injury isn't serious would be a blow to the line. SF needs to sign a OLB in the next few days with them now having three OLB hurting.

Update from Maiocco is Heitmann is doubtful for the opener
                      http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/09/10/H...73&feedID=5936

Good thing that we still got Baas on the roster. Remember a few draftniks were saying that Baas was eventually going to move over to center when SF drafted him.
                      So the line will probably be...

LT- Staley
                      LG- Iupati
                      C- Baas
                      RG- Rachal
                      RT- Davis

That's all top 40 picks, all under 30 years old. It has the potential to be beastly, unfortunately it also has the potential to be awful. The only proven one is Staley.
                      Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 08-09-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• YES!!!

Happy to hear that Iupati and Davis will be week one starters. Hopefully, Mays will follow that trend before the season starts.

NO!!!

C Eric Heitmann is out 6-8 weeks with a broken leg. To be honest, im not happy with Wragge or Baas replacing him. Just seems like a cluster**** waiting to happen. Another reason why I keep Wallace. We ALWAYS have injuries on the OL so it's very important to have depth. Hell, I dont remember the last time we didnt have an OL injured at some point during the season.

MAYBE!!!

With C Eric Heitmann out 6-8 weeks with a broken leg, what's everyone's opinion on possibly signing veteran C Kevin Mawae? No link or anything. Just my own personal thought. Granted, he isnt what he was but I still think that he would be an upgrade over Wragge/Baas plus he has great leadership skills and with Iupati and Rachal next to him, signing him would be a positive. And I doubt that he would cost much. Thoughts?

MAYBE 2!!!

With injuries piling up at OLB, signing veteran OLB Adalius Thomas seems like a good idea to me as well. We're still a very young team and adding a few more veterans like Thomas (and Mawae) should help the younger guys develop. Thoughts?

Comment

• This is one beefy o-line.

Comment

• While playing Madden 10, I have a stupid non-related question -

If the offense gets called for holding on say 1st and 10, shouldnt it be 1st and 20? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              While playing Madden 10, I have a stupid non-related question -

If the offense gets called for holding on say 1st and 10, shouldnt it be 1st and 20? Thanks.
                              yeah why?.....

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                                yeah why?.....
                                Because, im playing a game and every offensive holding penalty is always 1st and 14 or 1st and 18. Its almost as if the penalty gets added after the positive gain of the play.

For example, 1st and 10 at my 25, I run for 5 yards but offensive holding is called, instead f it being 1st and 20 its 1st and 15. Also, too many penalties. At 50, there's hardly any so I maxed them out to 100 and ofensive holding seems to be the most popular penalty.

I noticed when I played NCAA 11, there was a penalty that was called A LOT when maxed out (I had them all maxed) but I cant remember which one. I think it was offensive holding, clipping or ineligible receiver downfield.

Oh well, I'll see how M11 is later this week. One thing is for sure, I'll be playing 2K11 once I finish the final cuts roster update. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information