Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. He had a solid game against the Raiders' vanilla, pre-season run-defense. Wheeeeeee. I guess that makes him the next Frank Gore. Sorry, but replacing that "emerging superstar" 2.7 ypc in real football games can be done quite easily.
    You didn't see him vs. Denver in preseason apparently.

And never assume anyone who posts on a team thread is a fan.

Comment

• lol@people getting down or salty of Glen freaking Coffee. M-rob blows at RB btw, he just doesn't have any quickness or sudden burst. What do we do now? I would sign Westbrook, that would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        Majority of players you listed I never even heard of and are any of these guys speed/finesse backs? Since we still have two power backs (Gore/Dixon), I want a damn speed/finesse back. I dont think they are but if Lynch/McGahee fit this criteria, then im all for trading for one of them especially since neither the Bills or Ravens have any leverage in regards to what they would be asking for. A fourth round draft pick is the highest I would offer for either one. If they dont fit in that criteria and if Westbrook does, I would sign him. Even at this stage of his career, Westbrook is still better than Robinson/Dixon and would be the finesse back that we should already have. I like Singletary but he's focused way too much on power. There's going to be times when speed and finesse will be needed and with Coffee retiring, now is the time to acquire a finesse back.

As for other players listed -

I dont see Clayton going anywhere because we had him already and was let go so why would we trade for him back? That would be stupid. Blount decided to go to TEN because he'll most likely make their roster where as with us, he would be fighting for a spot besides I doubt TEN trades him anyway. Fred Jackson is expected to start in BUF and isnt going anywhere. The Jets just drafted McKnight so scratch him off the list and I dont think Washington is going anywhere either. Mike Hart would be a waste as he's been more injury prone than Lynch/McGahee. Dont see the Giants trading either RB you listed. The rest I have no clue who the are.

Like I said though, if Lynch/McGahee is a finesse back (even though I dont think they are), I would try to acquire which ever one of them has the better contract. If not, I simply keep my draft pick and sign Westbrook instead. His veteran leadership will be a positive too.
        It doesn't hurt my feelings that you've never heard of most of those players. It isn't surprising if you consider that you just said you didn't know what type of backs McGahee and Lynch were.

All of those guys are fringe players that may not make their teams final rosters. The exceptions are the Bills but there have been trade rumors.

As for you wanting a finesse back... It's what Coach Sing wants, and he wants a 3-down power back to backup Gore. He wants a player that can handle every snap should Gore go down. Dixon may be that guy, it is too soon to tell.

Comment

• Borat? A douchebag?!?!! Who knew?

I'm kiddin' bro. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
            Borat? A douchebag?!?!! Who knew?

I'm kiddin' bro. :P
            It's King Douchebag to you Sir.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
              It doesn't hurt my feelings that you've never heard of most of those players. It isn't surprising if you consider that you just said you didn't know what type of backs McGahee and Lynch were.

All of those guys are fringe players that may not make their teams final rosters. The exceptions are the Bills but there have been trade rumors.

As for you wanting a finesse back... It's what Coach Sing wants, and he wants a 3-down power back to backup Gore. He wants a player that can handle every snap should Gore go down. Dixon may be that guy, it is too soon to tell.
              I never heard of the majority of those guys because they're nothing but backups and bench warmers. Why would anyone know any of them? I dont know what Lynch/McGahee are because I havent seen them play in a along time and in that time, they could have changed their running style.

Coach Sing is also the guy that didnt want to draft Willis. Good thing Nolan and McCloughan ignored him. Gore will stay healthy if he has someone to help him out with carries. Majority of teams have at least dual RB's. We're one of the few that dont. Coffee was a power back and that didnt work out to well, did it? Maybe, if Sing does the opposite, it will work. Either way, I personally would just sign Westbrook but thats just me.

And while I dont think that the Cowboys would trade either of them, how about Tashard Choice or even Marion Barber? There's your power back right there in Barber.

Comment

• I dunno why, but I just can't care about Coffee leaving too much. Even if I don't agree with what he's doing, good luck to him I guess. Wishing we would've signed Westbrook, it would've made us even more dynamic. Oh well.

Comment

• Glen Coffee wasn't that big of a loss. The thing that sucks about it though was that he was an improve player (apparently) and he was getting better at our system, especially at blitz pickup later in the season last year. Now all of that experience is gone and it forces Anthony Dixon to learn quicker and to be more dependable.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I am glad we took Dixon, Coffee's performance in that Minnesota game last year ought to be enough evidence to prove that running the ball wasnt exactly a highlight of his talents.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      Glen Coffee wasn't that big of a loss. The thing that sucks about it though was that he was an improve player (apparently) and he was getting better at our system, especially at blitz pickup later in the season last year. Now all of that experience is gone and it forces Anthony Dixon to learn quicker and to be more dependable.
                      Yeah that's why bringing in a vet might be a good idea at this point. McGahee I could see, though he can't run at all anymore. Betts maybe? I agree that Davis from CLE would be a good look.

Comment

• I'm not really disappointed that Coffee retired but it would have been nice if he would have done this months ago instead of mid-August. Other than that, it's all good.

Balmer on the other hand a huge disappointment because of where he was drafted. Damn crapper. At least, we'll get back about $1m from his signing bonus.

But back to RB, I would just sign Westbrook with no signing bonus that way if he doesnt look good or gets injured before the season starts, we can cut him without any problems. Maybe, a Leon Washington or Willie Parker will get released by final cuts. Both would be cheap too.

Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens but one thing is for sure, I would severely limit Gore's workload in TC and the pre-season games.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Yeah that's why bringing in a vet might be a good idea at this point. McGahee I could see, though he can't run at all anymore. Betts maybe? I agree that Davis from CLE would be a good look.
                          Perhaps. I wouldn't make any rash decisions for a couple of weeks maybe. Michael Robinson does know the system I think and probably has a good idea on picking up blitzes and what not. I just don't like him at all as a runner. Brian Westbrook would be a good choice actually. He probably doesn't want to take a backseat role though, which is why he hasn't really signed. But seeing as how he's close to signing with the Rams apparently, it would be nice if he decided to come here to the bay where his chances of winning a title are a lot better...and he doesn't have a lot of time left.

In any case, who are you guys interesting in seeing tomorrow? The number one guy on my list is Alex Smith for obvious reasons. I'd also like to see Jarrett Brown get some work if he gets a chance. It's a shame he hasn't had a lot of practice though, so I'm not expecting much if he even plays.
                          Last edited by Ness; 08-15-2010, 03:12 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post

In any case, who are you guys interesting in seeing tomorrow? The number one guy on my list is Alex Smith for obvious reasons. I'd also like to see Jarrett Brown get some work if he gets a chance. It's a shame he hasn't had a lot of practice though, so I'm not expecting much if he even plays.
                            Aside from Alex, I'm excited to see Dixon, Kyle Williams, and Briggs. After seeing Kyle Williams in person, it really feels like we might have a steal there. I would say Mays or Reggie, but secondary isn't really easy to watch during games. Also going to pay attention to Anthony Davis. Rooting for Britt Miller as well.

Also Jason Hill vs. Zeigler should be interesting. Apparently Zeigler has had the best camp of ANY WR, including Morgan (who always tears it up in practices/OTA type stuff).

Comment

• Here's my guess for the final 53

QB - Alex Smith, David Carr, Nate Davis (3)
                              RB - Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Michael Robinson (6)
                              FB - Morran Norris, Brit Miller
                              WR - Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Dominique Zeigler, Kyle Williams (13)
                              TE - Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham (16)
                              OT - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Adam Snyder, Alex Boone (20)
                              OG - Chilo Rachal, Mike Iupati, Tony Wragge (23)
                              C - Eric Heitmann, David Baas (25)

DE - Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Khalif Mitchell (30)
                              NT - Aubrayo Franklin, Ricky Jean Francois (32)
                              OLB - Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, Ahmad Brooks, Diyral Briggs (36)
                              ILB - Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, NaVorro Bowman, Matt Wilhelm (40)
                              CB - Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah, Phillip Adams (45)
                              S - Dashon Goldson, Michael Lewis, Taylor Mays, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor (50)

ST - Andy Lee, Joe Nedney, Brian Jennings (53)

I have no idea who the third TE will be, so I just put Byham, but I guess it doesnt matter who it is between him and the other two vying for that spot. Coffee's sudden departure made keeping Brit Miller easy. Keeping 5 safeties sounds like a lot, but with Lewis' injury history, it has to be done. All in all, I think this is a pretty good guess.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Here's my guess for the final 53

QB - Alex Smith, David Carr, Nate Davis (3)
                                RB - Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Michael Robinson (6)
                                FB - Morran Norris, Brit Miller
                                WR - Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Dominique Zeigler, Kyle Williams (13)
                                TE - Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham (16)
                                OT - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Adam Snyder, Alex Boone (20)
                                OG - Chilo Rachal, Mike Iupati, Tony Wragge (23)
                                C - Eric Heitmann, David Baas (25)

DE - Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Khalif Mitchell (30)
                                NT - Aubrayo Franklin, Ricky Jean Francois (32)
                                OLB - Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, Ahmad Brooks, Diyral Briggs (36)
                                ILB - Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, NaVorro Bowman, Matt Wilhelm (40)
                                CB - Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah, Phillip Adams (45)
                                S - Dashon Goldson, Michael Lewis, Taylor Mays, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor (50)

ST - Andy Lee, Joe Nedney, Brian Jennings (53)

I have no idea who the third TE will be, so I just put Byham, but I guess it doesnt matter who it is between him and the other two vying for that spot. Coffee's sudden departure made keeping Brit Miller easy. Keeping 5 safeties sounds like a lot, but with Lewis' injury history, it has to be done. All in all, I think this is a pretty good guess.
                                I think Adams will end up on the practice squad and that spot will go to a RB that falls off a team on final cut day. I'm thinking either Blount or whichever back loses out in NE.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information