Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willis and Crabtree out for this mornings game. Even though its preseason still excited to finally see the team hit the field. The guys I'm interested in seeing:
    Offense: Dixon, Williams, and Ziegler
    Defense: Mays, Briggs, and Mitchell
    Was a big fan of what Mitchell did last preseason and I hope he can earn his way onto the roster for the 49ers this year.

Comment

• Even though im sure that a few will be released and put on the practice squad because every team always sign players from other teams final cuts, here's my final 53 -

QB / 3 - Smith, Carr, Davis
      RB / 6 - Gore, Robinson, Dixon (R)
      FB / 7 - Norris
      WR / 13 - Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Ginn, Zeigler, Williams (R)
      TE / 16 - Davis, Walker, Byham (R)
      C / 18 - Heitmann, Wallace
      OG / 22 - Iupati (R), Rachal, Baas, Wragge
      OT / 26 - Staley, Davis (R), Snyder, Sims

DT / 28 - Franklin, Jean-Francois
      DE / 32 - Smith, Sopoaga, McDonald, Evans
      OLB / 36 - Lawson, Haralson, Brooks, Laboy
      ILB / 40 - Willis, Spikes, Bowman (R), Wilhelm
      CB / 45 - Clements, Spencer, Brown, James, Paymah
      SS / 48 - Lewis, Mays, Smith
      FS / 50 - Goldson, Taylor

K / 51 - Nedney
      P / 52 - Lee
      LS / 53 - Jennings

Practice Squad / 8 -

QB Brown
      FB Miller
      TE Finley
      OG De La Puente
      OT Boone
      DT Mitchell
      OLB Briggs
      CB Adams

I'm really hoping Mays can become a starter by final cuts because that would allow them to release Lewis and open up a spot for Adams who I would rather see make the team. Also, have to see how Boone plays in the pre-season games. If he doesnt outplay at least Sims, I dont see him making the final roster. And if Brandon Jones makes the final roster, im warning eveyone here right now - you will all see a profanity laced tirade that you've never ever seen before. LOL.

Comment

• Alex's accuracy is still bleh.

Comment

• The throw to Walker was perfect but the one to Davis was a little behind him

Comment

• This will be the first year in a while that I'm going to thoroughly scout the upcoming QB class. Sad.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Do you guys really think he looked bad? I have been watching the whole game and I thought he looked decent to good. 4 passes that receivers had hands on (3 should have been caught), 1 that the receiver could have at least had a shot at if he put more effort forward, and 1 throw away when Anthony Davis gave up quick pressure.

Comment

• Forget about trading for Jackson/Lynch as both are out for at least a month wth injuries. I think that we're going to stay with who we already have.

As for the game, our defense got 3 INT's at last check but it was against Painter. Where is Zeigler? I dont see him listed on the stats anywhere. Is he playing? And how is LB Bruce Davis doing?

Comment

• I hope to see Baas starting for Rachal when Heitman returns. I've simply had enough of Rachal's crap.

Comment

• Bruce Davis looks pretty good off of the edge, as does Briggs, and Zeigler hasn't done anything on offense except throw a sweet block on Carr's scramble. Just had a decent punt return, too.

Anthony Dixon is a beast

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      This will be the first year in a while that I'm going to thoroughly scout the upcoming QB class. Sad.
                      No rookie quarterback is going to come in here and work miracles. There is like a 5% chance of that happening. You better hope Alex does well.

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      Do you guys really think he looked bad? I have been watching the whole game and I thought he looked decent to good. 4 passes that receivers had hands on (3 should have been caught), 1 that the receiver could have at least had a shot at if he put more effort forward, and 1 throw away when Anthony Davis gave up quick pressure.
                      He looked like he knew the offense and his pocket presence was decent. Anthony Davis let Mathis come in on one of those plays though. And you're right, three of his passes should have been caught. The wide receivers are having trouble catching balls today, some of them easy ones. It's really unbelievable.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• 250 pound running back!??!

Comment

• Alex did have improved pocket presence, I'll give him that. If you know me, you know I'm actually kind of an Alex supporter, it just gets tiring seeing so many freaking high passes. The Oline looked horrendous today at pass blocking.....that concerns me.

Comment

• I <3 Anthony Dixon.

Comment

• Wow. Guys, it was a preseason game. Let's cool it with the hyperbole.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Observations on the Indy game

From the Preseason Wk. 1 thread:

9ers 1st preseason game progress report for post #2500!

Mays did nothing spectacular but kept his head in the game, made a couple of 1 on 1 open field tackles for loss, didn't miss any tackles. Iupati was awesome on a couple of pulling plays -- he decleated & flattened some Colts. Davis was slow to start & had some whiffs but he settled down in the 2nd qtr.

Flirting with the 1st cut list: Jason Taylor showed us why they call him Stonehands, wide open, got both hands on it & dropped it, Singletary wouldn't even speak to him on the sideline, just that menacing glare. And Chilo Rachal can't pass block worth a damn, actually regressed from his awful start to 09, can't read the DL stunts. He was the direct cause of Carr hitting the turf on 2 of the 3 sacks on successive plays, Wragge or Baas is going to have to start b/c Rachal is looking like bust written all over him.

Game just ending in Indy, now these conclusions :

Everybody's OL needs work based on the 1st game, the 9ers are looking at shuffling some people between OG & C b/c of the Heitman broken fibula & Rachal's suckage.

Anthony Dixon is listed at 233, actually closer to 240 & plays like an SEC RB, runs over tacklers & punished Indy DBs through 3 qtrs, played longer than that & didnt let down, great motor. He is making everyone forget about Coffee. Dixon & 3rd string safety Reggie Smith were the surprise stars & both can look at moving up the depth chart.

David Carr had deja vu flashbacks of his Houston days behind the awful pass blocking of the 9ers 2nd team, he had a reviewing of the Lucas Oil Stadium's overhead lighting from lying on his back. He showed good touch on his passes & changed plays with some audibles at the line but he never even had a chance to set up after a 3-step drop.

Dirayl Briggs played in 4 games last yr. & wasn't bad, IDK how they will keep him off the roster this yr, very good looping blitzes untouched for sacks. Everybody expected Bowman to be the next LB star there with the McKillop injury but Briggs, a small school (Bowling Green) 2nd yr. LB who wowed them last yr. in camp is making a name for himself again this yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information