Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always liked Dixon, thats why I've drafted him in our own fantasy game (actually, with a bit of a reach as 4/26). He reminds me of The Bus, I'd like to see him succeed, he just has to prove against #1 defenses.
    "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

• CRAP!!! Vernon Davis suffered an injury which appears to be a knee strain. Thats why I wouldnt play the starters until the last pre-season game and only for a quarter just to get the off-season rust off.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        CRAP!!! Vernon Davis suffered an injury which appears to be a knee strain. Thats why I wouldnt play the starters until the last pre-season game and only for a quarter just to get the off-season rust off.
        But now he has about 4 weeks to heal, I think he will be ready for the season. It didn't look that serious.

Comment

CRAP!!! Vernon Davis suffered an injury which appears to be a knee strain. Thats why I wouldnt play the starters until the last pre-season game and only for a quarter just to get the off-season rust off.
          I may be wrong but one of the reporters said he would be 100% fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            From the Preseason Wk. 1 thread:

9ers 1st preseason game progress report for post #2500!

Mays did nothing spectacular but kept his head in the game, made a couple of 1 on 1 open field tackles for loss, didn't miss any tackles. Iupati was awesome on a couple of pulling plays -- he decleated & flattened some Colts. Davis was slow to start & had some whiffs but he settled down in the 2nd qtr.

Everybody's OL needs work based on the 1st game, the 9ers are looking at shuffling some people between OG & C b/c of the Heitman broken fibula & Rachal's suckage.

David Carr had deja vu flashbacks of his Houston days behind the awful pass blocking of the 9ers 2nd team, he had a reviewing of the Lucas Oil Stadium's overhead lighting from lying on his back. He showed good touch on his passes & changed plays with some audibles at the line but he never even had a chance to set up after a 3-step drop.
            When Davis was facing Mathis in the first quarter he was really getting beat most of the time. At the end of the half they talked about him and said that he needs to learn to use his hands and stop lowering his head. The deep knee bend problem or whatever.
            In the second half he faced someone else, but then he went against Jerry Hughes and had some difficulty again.

He just needs to learn to have better technique. For just a rookie I think he did alright.

I guess Rachal was the one responsible for those sacks to Angerer?
            On a bright side, the run blocking looked really good. David Carr needs to make quicker decisions. If he has to play this season he is going to get sacked like crazy
            Last edited by Goon61; 08-15-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
              I may be wrong but one of the reporters said he would be 100% fine.
              Yeh, I remember them saying that exactly
              Last edited by Goon61; 08-15-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Man, thank goodness for this place. On the .com messageboard they are seriously calling for Nate Davis to start and calling him the future and so forth, calling for Alex's head after one preseason game...I've had enough. This place has so much more reason behind it's posts, just wanted to say thanks for providing a more intelligent alternative to that noob-infested mess.

Comment

• I want to see how Davis plays too but I wouldnt start him until 2011 and thats only if Smith fails this season and is allowed to leave as an UFA. However, im not really concerned about Smith playing poorly today. I care more about everyone being fully healthy going into the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                    Man, thank goodness for this place. On the .com messageboard they are seriously calling for Nate Davis to start and calling him the future and so forth, calling for Alex's head after one preseason game...I've had enough. This place has so much more reason behind it's posts, just wanted to say thanks for providing a more intelligent alternative to that noob-infested mess.
                    Understandable. That's why I'm glad I discovered this place a while back. The main board is full of idiots. I'm really considering leaving there for good. Or at least not posting anymore. It's good for quick updates for the team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...entwan-balmer/

LMFAO!!! Good luck getting anything in return for yet another first round bust.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...entwan-balmer/

LMFAO!!! Good luck getting anything in return for yet another first round bust.
                        Gonna get Raye some ******, maybe some donuts for Chilo.

Comment

• I guess Rachal was the one responsible for those sacks to Angerer?
                          Yes, the Colts were running LB blitzes & D-linemen stunts & it totally flummoxed Rachal. He has a yr's experience & should know how to pick up a blitz & deal with stunting linemen.

The announcer on the local broadcast (borderline worthless, they even never bother to set the starting lineups in the 1st series of downs) said Rachal's main problem in camp has been trying to maul people like he did at SC & still needs to learn how to get his hands up & control them 1st before they do it to him. It's like he's a rookie all over again, & the question IMO becomes whether Singletary runs out of patience with him or he gets it.

He better get it soon b/c like last yr the defense seems to clearly ID him as the weak link in the 9ers OL & will run traps & stunts effectively all day.

Comment

• Throw out some quick thoughts:
                            - Looking for more from Alex but one game. Thought he looked more comfortable in 5/7 step drops and liked the confidence in the throw to Walker but got to translate to postive results.
                            - Sing better start Dixon for the rest of the preseason over M-Rob. What a debut. As the announcers were saying he runs like a bull. Stiff arm was nasty.
                            - Need to get another running back in camp though to save those guys legs.
                            - It seemed like D.Briggs and Bruce Davis spent the whole time in Indy's backfield. They had consistant pressure the whole game.
                            -Hope K.Williams injury is just a minor setback but his ability during KR/PR shows he can be a gamechanger out there.
                            -Risky by Sing to leave the starting line in there for a whole half. But more surprised he kept Iupati and Davis deep into the 3rd. Really trying to excel their learning process. Could payoff big.
                            -Mays is the "The Flash" out there. Still had coverage issues but it is going to be scary once he gets the playbook done. Don't think we will see so many screens go for big gains with him out there.
                            -Nate Davis looked good. Hoping he gets some run with the twos in one of these games.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Yes, the Colts were running LB blitzes & D-linemen stunts & it totally flummoxed Rachal. He has a yr's experience & should know how to pick up a blitz & deal with stunting linemen.

The announcer on the local broadcast (borderline worthless, they even never bother to set the starting lineups in the 1st series of downs) said Rachal's main problem in camp has been trying to maul people like he did at SC & still needs to learn how to get his hands up & control them 1st before they do it to him. It's like he's a rookie all over again, & the question IMO becomes whether Singletary runs out of patience with him or he gets it.

Summed up Rachal career perfectly right there. I don't want to see him benched through one game but curious what Sing's course of action is if he is struggling by game 3. Do you go with Wragge or Synder over him or when Heitmann gets back slid Baas over to RG? It will be intriguing spot to watch in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Balmer traded to Seattle:
                                http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-deal-bal.html

No terms of deal yet. Scotty Mac must have made the push to Seattle's management. It was nice to get anything in return for Balmer.

2nd hand info but SF might have interest in Brian Westbrook
                                http://twitter.com/Russellmania09/statuses/21320676462
                                Just talked to Byron Westbrook, says brother has some new possible opportunity's in SF and Buff as well as STL
                                Always been a fan of Westbrook and it would bring a different style of back to the 3 SF has on the roster.
                                Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 08-16-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information