Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offensive line is definitely young and talented, all five starters are under 28 and were drafted in the top 40, but that doesn't mean it is good. Staley is proven, Baas is looking good at center, and Iupati looks fantastic for a rookie but the right side still is struggling.

And the 49ers utilize pass rush by committee in that they don't have one dominant pass rushing OLB but they have a bunch of good ones; Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks, and now Travis LaBoy and Diyral Briggs are looking great as well. I guess even Brandon Long and Bruce Davis have looked pretty good this preseason.

The 49ers are definitely on the upswing and are definitely talented. Thanks for noticing

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Mitchell and Taylor could both be on the team. If you wanted to keep LaBoy, you could put Brit Miller on the P-squad again and keep Norris as the only FB.

QB - Alex Smith, David Carr, Nate Davis (3)
      RB - Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Michael Robinson (6)
      FB - Morran Norris, Brit Miller
      WR - Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Dominique Zeigler, Kyle Williams (13)
      TE - Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham (16)
      OT - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Adam Snyder, Alex Boone (20)
      OG - Chilo Rachal, Mike Iupati, Tony Wragge (23)
      C - Eric Heitmann, David Baas (25)

DE - Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Khalif Mitchell (30)
      NT - Aubrayo Franklin, Ricky Jean Francois (32)
      OLB - Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, Ahmad Brooks, Diyral Briggs (36)
      ILB - Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, NaVorro Bowman, Matt Wilhelm (40)
      CB - Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Karl Paymah, Phillip Adams (45)
      S - Dashon Goldson, Michael Lewis, Taylor Mays, Reggie Smith, Curtis Taylor (50)

ST - Andy Lee, Joe Nedney, Brian Jennings (53)
      I could see this roster happening, with Brit Miller being replaced by Westbrook on the final roster.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• abaddon41_80 The offensive line is definitely young and talented, all five starters are under 28 and were drafted in the top 40, but that doesn't mean it is good. Staley is proven, Baas is looking good at center, and Iupati looks fantastic for a rookie but the right side still is struggling.
        Right side is struggling? I think Anthony Davis will figure it how, doubt he will struggle in the lifetime of his career. Much less you have freaking Rachal at guard who should take over Synder if he plays up to his potential, C. Patrick behind him as well. Then have Alex Boone as your backup tackle, few teams have that talented of a backup. Heck even at center you have backups with Heitmann and C. Wallace. Seriously the depth and young talent on that line is sick.

Check out the Vikings two deep offensive line, behind the starters it is rough! Even some of the starters are questionable much less having young talent as starters and backups.

I cannot think of an offensive line with more youth and talent in the NFL I say again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
          I could see this roster happening, with Brit Miller being replaced by Westbrook on the final roster.
          Crap, I forgot about him.

Man, it's weird to think that he's a Niner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
            Right side is struggling? I think Anthony Davis will figure it how, doubt he will struggle in the lifetime of his career. Much less you have freaking Rachal at guard who should take over Synder if he plays up to his potential, C. Patrick behind him as well. Then have Alex Boone as your backup tackle, few teams have that talented of a backup. Heck even at center you have backups with Heitmann and C. Wallace. Seriously the depth and young talent on that line is sick.

Check out the Vikings two deep offensive line, behind the starters it is rough! Even some of the starters are questionable much less having young talent as starters and backups.

I cannot think of an offensive line with more youth and talent in the NFL I say again.
            Don't get me wrong, I think/hope Davis does well this year but I am not gonna assume he is going to be good no matter what and Rachal has not been impressive at all since he was drafted and many 49er fans think there is a chance he could get benched in favor of Snyder/Wragge. But if they all play up to their potential then, yes, it is an amazing offensive line.

Comment

• The pass rush is happening, the OL is starting to get it together, but the downside is that Singletary is disappointed in the 1st team running game vs one of the better run defenses in the Vikes last weekend & hints that he wants Gore to get some live game conditions time vs the Raiders:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-he...nclick_check=1

Comment

• Rachal is a joke.

Comment

• Rachal has been playing that poorly for you guys? I really liked him out of USC, but I guess maybe same with Lutui on Arizona, guess they just get overhyped and are not quick or strong enough to dominate like they did in college.

Strange because I liked they both a lot as guards in college.

Comment

• When Heitmann comes back from injury, i hope we would toy with moving Heitmann or Baas to RG if Rachal continues to suck. No reason for him to be this bad now.

Comment

• My preference of Final-53 is what you have Brent, sans Miller for Westbrook.

I'm just not sure the "brass" will let LaBoy and Sims walk, especially if they continue to play the way they have thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                        My preference of Final-53 is what you have Brent, sans Miller for Westbrook.

I'm just not sure the "brass" will let LaBoy and Sims walk, especially if they continue to play the way they have thus far.

Getting rid of Mrob would make things easier. I think they have to take a serious look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Getting rid of Mrob would make things easier. I think they have to take a serious look at it.
                          I just don't see it as he is a leader (Captain status) and Sing has put an emphasis on special teams, saying that he'll keep a couple players on the final roster that are special teams aces - that's M-Rob right there. I'd like to see him replaced after this year, but I don't think it's likely he's going anywhere for the upcoming season.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Aubrayo Franklin is coming in Saturday for a physical and to sign his franchise tender Maiocco and ESPN are reporting.

Here's the Aubrayo Franklin-49ers update from Maiocco. http://bit.ly/atKapN

Smart move on his part as he doesn't want to risk injury in camp or preseason action. He'll likely play a series or two at the most in the 4th preseason game. I just hope he doesn't come in overweight or out of shape (for a Nose Tackle). He's a very important piece to the Championship-caliber D the Niners are hoping to have on the field this season.

Comment

• Guess Coach Sing knew what he was talking about when he said that he was not at all worried about the Franklin situation.

Comment

• http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

The Big 5 team left over questions from the past answered at this time, the good news is the 150% better secondary play & the 9ers inevitably moving up form 21st in the NFL in pass defense when the season starts, younger, fresher legs at safety are making the big difference.

The big bad news is the same as ever, that 800-lb gorilla in the living room, it's getting boring believe me, I know: Smith has yet to make his breakthrough as the starting QB, no TDs & one INT in preseason thus far. But like they point out he has yet to be on the same field with Gore & Crabtree, hopefully that will happen this weekend vs. the cross-Bay rival Raiders.

Always the Raiders preseason game crucial to determining the final 53 roster, game will be taped by local broadcasters & shown at 10 PM Saturday so I'll stay up for it.

The Franklin situation looks to be resolved today, & that's a big positive, only question remaining is how much of a raise will the Pro Bowl NT receive, IMO he deserves a big fat honking one. Just hoping none of the 49ers injured by Raiders will get cut vs IR or PUP list, they always manage to hurt several 9ers in the annual preseason game -- they must have a bounty system in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information