This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    I recall Paymah & Wilhelm getting flagged in preseason games recently, I'm sure Singletary remembered them too. It might be career over for both of them

Byham drew flags & made mistakes too but he was kept, IDK why.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-22-cuts.html

Wallace never had a chance of cracking the roster at center imo unless there were injuries. Heitman has the job sewed up for life, he's a local player (Stanford), & a fan + Alex Smith fave
    Yes, Sing doesn't like penalties.

Byham has proven he can block and be versatile (play, FB, catch). He's also a draft pick that is signed for 4 years. He's going to get the nod over veterans signed for one year that are without much upside like Paymah and Wilhelm.

Heitman is a good center but I believe he'll have some competition for his job in Baas once he gets back. It'll be interesting as Baas is in his last year of his rookie deal.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Definitely surprised that Robinson got cut but happy. :)

Wonder if they tried to trade Hill/Wallace before cutting them.

Surprised they cut Mitchell who I thought and was hoping would make the team.

Pissed off they kept James who's out until October if I remember correctly and even more pissed off they released Bruce Davis. UGH.

Overall though, im happy but im definitely expecting them to make one or two more transactions before Sept. 12th.

Comment

• God I haven't been on here in a while.

Comment

• Welcome back bud!!! :)

Comment

• i hope to see Will Tukuafu make it to the practice squad. He is an undrafted guy who made more plays in his limited snaps then Balmer ever did

Comment

• I think with Bruce Davis, he had the talent, but it was a numbers game. We already have a group of promising young LBs and LaBoy earned his roster spot.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Glad Nate Davis wasn't cut. It would have made zero sense to let him go at this point.

And I don't know we're keeping Will James who has done nothing since he's been here.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I dont know why we kept James who's injured and hasnt done anything either. Would much rather have kept OLB Bruce Davis. Watch Davis sign with another team instead of being signed to our practice squad.

Comment

• It's not likely they lose Davis to another team as opposed to James.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I think the opposite - there's a much better chance of losing Davis compared to James because isnt James out until October with an injury? What team is stupid enough to sign an injured player??? Mine as well just sign me since its basically the same crap. LOL.

Comment

• Dan, James is only going to miss 1-2 games. Davis is a guy who has been with 4 teams in 2 years, never lasting even a full season with the exception of his rookie year.

The odds that a team would try to get him are slim and nil.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Dan, James is only going to miss 1-2 games. Davis is a guy who has been with 4 teams in 2 years, never lasting even a full season with the exception of his rookie year.

The odds that a team would try to get him are slim and nil.
                          Oops. My mistake. I thought he was going to be out longer. While that may be true about Davis, considering he was signed on August 10th and did more than what James did who was signed on May 6th, I personally would have kept Davis instead. I'm assuming that James will be our dimeback, correct?

We'll see thought about Davis. I'm hoping we sign him to the Practice Squad but I wouldnt be surprised if another team gives him a chance.

Comment

• Ugh. There were virtually ZERO ILB cuts that excite me in any way. Nate Triplett was let go by the Vikings who are very deep at ILB. But I'm not sold on him either.

Jamar Wall on the other hand... physical corner? Check!

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              Jamar Wall on the other hand... physical corner? Check!
                              You got that right!

Comment

• Maybe, we'll sign Wall and release James. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information