This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    I"m not talking about the old regime that brought along the likes of Young and Montana, obviously. And our current brass has proven nothing yet in that aspect.
    How long has our "current brass" been in place? Jed York? Sing? Marathe? Of course they haven't proven much as they've barely been around. They need some more time in their respective positions before we can properly gauge how proven they are.

I believe Sing has easily motivated this team more than any other HC in over a decade, Jed has worked his a$$ off to get the new stadium rolling (when his dad was acting as all but a lame duck owner), and Marathe's Draft this year looks to be extremely solid, and better then Scotty Mac's last couple drafts by far.

Let's put our faith in these guys and see if they can continue to lead the Niners back to the NFL elite. This season will tell us a lot.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Former WVU QB Jarrett Brown is getting a look-see from the Bengals and the Steelers, in addition to the Giants.
      http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/24043944119

lol at the fact that Jarrett Brown has gotten more interest than Nate Davis.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
        Brown started at a major program, is a superior athlete and doesn't have a learning disability. It doesn't mean he will necessarily ever be the QB Nate Davis might become.

Comment

• They may be looking at him for a position other than QB, too.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/24043944119

Its not the same situation. Davis was cut from the 53 and was essentially assured that if he stayed he would be placed on the practice squad. Brown isn't on the team AT ALL.

The teams working Brown out are looking at him for the practice squad, for a team to take Davis away from SF they would have most likely been forced to sign him to their 53.

Why would Davis move to another city for the same opportunity, prolly a worse opportunity because he knows the SF system more.

Its not like teams think Brown is better than Davis, he's just more available.

Comment

• Originally posted by thediggler3030 View Post
              Its not the same situation. Davis was cut from the 53 and was essentially assured that if he stayed he would be placed on the practice squad. Brown isn't on the team AT ALL.

The teams working Brown out are looking at him for the practice squad, for a team to take Davis away from SF they would have most likely been forced to sign him to their 53.

Why would Davis move to another city for the same opportunity, prolly a worse opportunity because he knows the SF system more.

Its not like teams think Brown is better than Davis, he's just more available.
              I guess thats true, but i was laughing because all i heard about was how cutting Nate Davis was this big time mistake, and he had NO interest in him whatsoever. Nobody even wanted him as the #3 QB. But this post is more for the idiots on the 49ers.com message boards, it was ridiculous there for a couple of days.

Comment

But this post is more for the idiots on the 49ers.com message boards, it was ridiculous there for a couple of days.
                Sage advice....

STOP reading .com's MB

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                  How long has our "current brass" been in place? Jed York? Sing? Marathe? Of course they haven't proven much as they've barely been around. They need some more time in their respective positions before we can properly gauge how proven they are.

I believe Sing has easily motivated this team more than any other HC in over a decade, Jed has worked his a$$ off to get the new stadium rolling (when his dad was acting as all but a lame duck owner), and Marathe's Draft this year looks to be extremely solid, and better then Scotty Mac's last couple drafts by far.

Let's put our faith in these guys and see if they can continue to lead the Niners back to the NFL elite. This season will tell us a lot.
                  I'll believe it when I see it. Of course the current brass if you're talking about Singletary, Marathe, and Jed York haven't been around that long, but they were working together with Mike Nolan and Scott McCloughn for a few years. Enough to see if the team was headed in the right direction at quarterback. And that spot has been in a state of flux ever since.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Well..................if Smith succeeds this year, he'll be re-signed but if he fails, the only QB that we had with any chance of success is/was Davis. And basically swapping him in favor of Smith for one year makes no sense whatsoever. Of course, if Smith fails and we let him walk as an UFA, I go after McNabb if he's available as a stopgap for two years to see if Davis can take over when the time comes. If not, then we'll have to waste yet another first rounder on a potential franchise QB after McNabb.

Comment

• I would much rather have a Ryan Mallet or Andrew Luck next season than Donavon McNabb.

Comment

• McNabb (for better or worse) will be re-signed by the Redskins. He's not going anywhere for a couple years so he's not worth talking about.

Comment

• Vernon Davis gets extended!

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/24218963028

Vernon Davis signs 5 year extension with SF (6 total yrs no in deal). Makes him highest paid TE in NFL history. $23m guar, and $37M total.

Comment

• Just read about Davis on PFT. Yay!!! Very happy. Next up - FS Dashon Goldson and then OLB Manny Lawson. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                              I would much rather have a Ryan Mallet or Andrew Luck next season than Donavon McNabb.
                              Why would you want a rookie QB when the team is closer to winning a Super Bowl than it is rebuilding?

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              McNabb (for better or worse) will be re-signed by the Redskins. He's not going anywhere for a couple years so he's not worth talking about.
                              Honestly, im not so sure about that. I dont think the Redskins would franchise him at his age at $20m or so for one season and from McNabb's standpoint, if the team does bad, would he really want to stay there or go to a championship caliber team and try to win a SB before he retires?

Not only that but McNabb has been lobbying for receivers since well, otside of Moss, he has none. He wanted Owens, didnt happen and just last weekend, he was lobbying for Houshmandzadeh and that obviously didnt happen so as of right now, its 50/50 and could go either way. Just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Mcnabb will never be a 49er...moving on...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information