Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chiefs are going to surprise some people this year but no the Niners. They are an overall better team that the Chiefs.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      A 1-3 start and you would be optimistic? WOW!!!

If we lose to the ******* Chiefs who were worse than the Seahawks last season, im going to be even more pissed off than I already am.
      1-3 means we beat the Chiefs at arrowhead, lost to the Falcons in ATL, and lost to the Saints. I see nothing wrong with that at all. Any road win will be a good sign at this point. If Alex can just get one road win in a tough environment, I think it would be good moving forward. The second half of the schedule is cake, I think the team will be fine if it starts out 1-3.

Philly might even be a win now with the way things are going. If they start Vick they are screwed, and Kolb doesn't seem very comfy either.

Comment

• I think they can take the Falcons out at home with a solid game. They just have to bring it on the road and control the clock, limit turnovers. The Falcons were the "punch in the mouth game" for the Niners from last year that I didn't expect to see happen this year - so much for that. Still, I think a lot of the players remember that game well and want some payback on their turf.

If they can find a way to beat the Saints this week, then all will be forgotten (pretty much) with the debacle in Seattle.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
          I think they can take the Falcons out at home with a solid game. They just have to bring it on the road and control the clock, limit turnovers. The Falcons were the "punch in the mouth game" for the Niners from last year that I didn't expect to see happen this year - so much for that. Still, I think a lot of the players remember that game well and want some payback on their turf.

If they can find a way to beat the Saints this week, then all will be forgotten (pretty much) with the debacle in Seattle.
          I think that's some extreme optimism at this point. But I guess that's all part of being a fan right?

Comment

• I think we're letting this week 1 loss get to us too much. Sing aint having this **** so I know these guys will come out focused on monday.

Comment

• I say **** it, I will go all out with the optimism from this point on because, well, what else do I have to look for as a Niners fan (besides the SF Giants)?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I don't see how we can get good quarterback play from Alex if his passes keep sailing high.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  I don't see how we can get good quarterback play from Alex if his passes keep sailing high.
                  He really made one bad throw the entire first half, the one to Norris. It seems like if we can keep from getting behind and the Oline can at least somewhat hold up, he'll stay composed enough. We just can't get flustered, especially the O-line; Alex is just pure garbage when there is consistent pressure. The second half we fell behind, the Oline broke own, and Alex started lauching them high again. I'm willing to disregard what happened in the second half right now in order to remain optimistic, I think we were dead at halftime. It would also help if we got the buttfreaking plays in on time, I can't imagine what that does to a QB's sense of urgency and panic, jesus christ.

Oh yeah, and SOME semblance of a freaking running game would help. You guys remember when we ran Gore out of multiple looks vs. the Bears last year? Why did we abandon that? I never thought of Gore as a workhorse/move-the-pile type, so I wonder why we keep pounding straight up the gut like that when the line isn't creating big gaps. There are ways to vary the running game while still running between the tackles. If Gore isn't working, Westbrook? Dixon? Come on man. If holes aren't there, Gore isn't the type to quickly adapt, a different look would help.

If we get behind the freaking Saints though, holy crap, they are just going to pile it on us, it will turn ugly so freaking fast.
                  Last edited by binary; 09-16-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• How has Taylor Mays played for you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      How has Taylor Mays played for you guys?
                      In the preseason? He played better each game and even had an INT.

In the regular season? He has only played on ST and had a bad, missed tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                        I think that's some extreme optimism at this point. But I guess that's all part of being a fan right?
                        If you're not optimistic about your team as a fan, you're not a fan IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          He really made one bad throw the entire first half, the one to Norris. It seems like if we can keep from getting behind and the Oline can at least somewhat hold up, he'll stay composed enough. We just can't get flustered, especially the O-line; Alex is just pure garbage when there is consistent pressure. The second half we fell behind, the Oline broke own, and Alex started lauching them high again. I'm willing to disregard what happened in the second half right now in order to remain optimistic, I think we were dead at halftime. It would also help if we got the buttfreaking plays in on time, I can't imagine what that does to a QB's sense of urgency and panic, jesus christ.

Oh yeah, and SOME semblance of a freaking running game would help. You guys remember when we ran Gore out of multiple looks vs. the Bears last year? Why did we abandon that? I never thought of Gore as a workhorse/move-the-pile type, so I wonder why we keep pounding straight up the gut like that when the line isn't creating big gaps. There are ways to vary the running game while still running between the tackles. If Gore isn't working, Westbrook? Dixon? Come on man. If holes aren't there, Gore isn't the type to quickly adapt, a different look would help.

If we get behind the freaking Saints though, holy crap, they are just going to pile it on us, it will turn ugly so freaking fast.
                          He always throws high. It's just who he is. Read this blurb via Maiocco's site:

11-Alex Smith: He completed 26 of 45 passes for 225 yards and two interceptions for a passer rating of 52.5. He had too many passes sail high, including on the game-opening drive when he made Josh Morgan jump in the end zone for a pass that did not require a high throw. That allowed Seahawks cornerback Marcus Trufant the opportunity to shove Morgan out of bounds in the end zone before he could get the second foot in-bounds. He threw high to a wide-open Moran Norris on fourth-and-1 from the 6. Missed high and wide to Crabtree on interception that Trufant returned 32 yards for a backbreaking TD at start of third quarter. He did not hit on a pass of more than 20 yards down the field. The protection certainly was not perfect, but he generally had enough time to throw.
                          http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/15/10/4...22&feedID=5936

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          If you're not optimistic about your team as a fan, you're not a fan IMHO.
                          Well I for one am never going to put lipstick on a pig. If things are going bad, I'm not going to ignore the big elephant in the room. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan. It just means I'm not happy with the organization's decisions and it needs to be changed.
                          Last edited by Ness; 09-16-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• I'm not going to ignore what happened, but I'm going to try and do my best to put it behind me, as the team should. There;s not much they can take from that. If it develops into a trend, sure, optimism will be lower. With it being the first game of the season however, (despite the outcome) you should still be optimistic about the team. Were we all pissed off last weekend? Yes we were, but I'm not going to write the whole season off due to one crappy performance. If things do get worse during the season, I'll still be optimistic but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to start talking more about the Draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              I'm not going to ignore what happened, but I'm going to try and do my best to put it behind me, as the team should. There;s not much they can take from that. If it develops into a trend, sure, optimism will be lower. With it being the first game of the season however, (despite the outcome) you should still be optimistic about the team. Were we all pissed off last weekend? Yes we were, but I'm not going to write the whole season off due to one crappy performance. If things do get worse during the season, I'll still be optimistic but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to start talking more about the Draft.
                              At this point right now, I'm still optimistic. But there are those who have been disappointed with the 49ers organization for a while now and their expectations before the season started have been low. And in my opinion that still doesn't mean you aren't a fan. It just means you feel like your team isn't headed in the right direction still. I wouldn't even call it a pessimistic attitude. I'd call it realistic for some folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                I'd call it realistic for some folks.
                                I have expected the Niners to lose every game since Garcia left town. The last time I watched a Niners game and said, "yeah we got this," the team we beat ended up picking in the top ten that following draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information