Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is very close to turning into a disaster, and it all starts with Sing. This is stuff fans have been seeing with Raye for a freaking long time now, and it's almost like he's been oblivious to it. Such a stubborn man...

It also angers me that he thinks Haralson is playing awesome, come on man. Do you think us fans are dumb? This reminds me of another Derek Smith situation.

Comment

• Wouldnt mind seeing Johnson as the new OC. At least he's on the sidelines unlike Raye. Personally, I think keeping Raye in the coaches box is just asking for trouble. The SNF (Cowboys/Redskins) and MNF (Ravens/Jets) games had all the OC's on the sideline. Is that really too much to ask? Having the OC on the sideline? But whatever, I see this situation getting worse before it gets better.

Haralson is average to above average and in no way, shape or form is he awesome. And dont mention him in the same sentence as Smith. I liked Smith. He was a damn good MLB for us. Once he tarted getting injured and had no vision in his eyes, it obviously was time for him to go but when healthy, he was damn good.

Manusky has been a good DC but he's not perfect. He still rarely blitzes or sends more than four defenders and I said it before and I'll say it again, it doesnt matter if you have a Lawson or a Ware if the DC doesnt know how to maximize their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

And here's a question - if we were running a 4-3 defense, would NaVorro Bowman still be a MLB or would he move to OLB?

Comment

• This week has been awful. But on the plus side, I'm glad some of this stuff is starting to shed light. I know a lot of these things are kept behind closed doors for a reason, but at the same time I as a fan don't want this stuff to just be brushed under the rug and "hope" that it gets better.

Jimmy Raye is getting a lot of attention this week, but perhaps he deserves it. This has happened way too many times in critical situations and it's ridiculous. Dating all the way back to last season.

Mike Johnson would be an intriguing option as coordinator.

Oh and Mike Singletary needs to have better composure in interviews like that. It's funny how he claims he's not agitated in the piece, yet his attitude completely contradicts that. Acting like a hardass in front of the media isn't going to get you any bonus points. It's just going to cause more of a distraction and draw more unwanted attention. Is it me or does it seem like our head coach doesn't know how to "play the game" with the media? It's like he can't handle any sort of scrutiny. Ridiculous. Feels like the whole season is already down the drain.
        Last edited by Ness; 09-18-2010, 03:55 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Personally, I wouldnt even talk or deal with the media. Let the NFL or whoever fine me whatever they want. Thats what I would do. No media period.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            Personally, I wouldnt even talk or deal with the media. Let the NFL or whoever fine me whatever they want. Thats what I would do. No media period.
            I don't think you'd be employed very long then. The media is the way that fans get in touch with the players and coaches. Fans are going to like a head coach that doesn't speak his mind and ignores the media. Neither would a front office. Not to mention the fines you'd rack up continuously by breaching your contract.

Bill Belichick is a master with the media. He just acts all nonchalant and boring, making the reporters' jobs a lot harder and more frustrating to get an interesting story. I love it.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            Wouldnt mind seeing Johnson as the new OC. At least he's on the sidelines unlike Raye. Personally, I think keeping Raye in the coaches box is just asking for trouble. The SNF (Cowboys/Redskins) and MNF (Ravens/Jets) games had all the OC's on the sideline. Is that really too much to ask? Having the OC on the sideline? But whatever, I see this situation getting worse before it gets better.
            Jimmy Raye said there would be way too many distractions if he left the coach's box. I mean if he feels comfortable there, he should stay. On the other hand with the light of this story coming up that Raye is not very prepared at relaying the playcalls and all of this other mantra, it also looks like Raye is trying to not let that allegation come to light or something. But Raye shouldn't worry about that obviously. He has to do what he believes is the most comfortable thing for him. Hopefully the reports of him being unprepared aren't true. And I also wouldn't mind seeing Johnson as a coordinator.
            Last edited by Ness; 09-18-2010, 04:25 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Personally, I wouldnt even talk or deal with the media. Let the NFL or whoever fine me whatever they want. Thats what I would do. No media period.
              Dan, they are required by the NFL to meet with reporters. If they don't like it, they don't have to participate in the NFL.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Manusky has been a good DC but he's not perfect. He still rarely blitzes or sends more than four defenders and I said it before and I'll say it again, it doesnt matter if you have a Lawson or a Ware if the DC doesnt know how to maximize their strengths and hide their weaknesses.
                I don't even think he has been good as much as the talent we have has made him like decent. Last year we got so many sacks for one reason and that was because Justin Smith was basically unblockable so someone came in free or against a back a lot. If Smith does not play like he did last year, best DE in the league level, than the defense will not look good because, like you said, Manusky rarely blitzes. Even when he does they are telegraphed and opposing QBs just make adjustments. The man also doesn't seem to know what a stunt or delayed blitz is.

Comment

• we were 4th in points allowed per game last year, despite being 5th in plays from scrimmage. I think you guys are not giving him enough credit. with an offense like we've got, he's doing a decent job.

Comment

• Yeah, the Niners D consistently has stuffed the run, forcing teams to air it our for 3 to 3 and a half quarters a game, putting all the pressure on the secondary. If our pass rush hasn't gotten to the QB, they've been exposed quite a few times.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

And here's a question - if we were running a 4-3 defense, would NaVorro Bowman still be a MLB or would he move to OLB?
                      He'd most likely be an OLB, where he played in college. That's why he was a bit of a surprise pick to go to the Niners as a 3/4 defense to be an ILB, when he was believed to be a natural 4/3 OLB. I think he'll be fine as he's learning from the beginning of his NFL career, and his instincts that had 1st Round talent will soon take over, and he'll play downhill next to P-Willy.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Watching Chicago's Offense under Martz really made me angry. Sing is such an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Watching Chicago's Offense under Martz really made me angry. Sing is such an idiot.
                          why? it wasnt great when he was here, I dont see what there is to miss.

he beat up on the Cowboys but could barely score on the Lions, I would hardly base my entire opinion on that. it's only been two games before the honeymoon is over for Martz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            why? it wasnt great when he was here, I dont see what there is to miss.

he beat up on the Cowboys but could barely score on the Lions, I would hardly base my entire opinion on that. it's only been two games before the honeymoon is over for Martz.
                            sure buddy. It's called making adjustments, something we haven't seen her since 2008. The Chicago Oline was completely overmatched, and Martz actually adjusted and took advantage of it.

He was pretty great considering what he did to Shaun Hill, and made this Offense look better than it has in years. Sure his JTO experiment was a fail, but another year with Hill or Smith and who knows what would've happened. Certainly would've been loads better than what Raye did with our QBs. What bothers me is not so much that we fired Martz, but that we replaced him with someone FAR worse. If you're gonna make a move like that, at least make a move that SEEMS like an improvement, the Raye hiring looked like garbage from the beginning.

Comment

• Martz offense had its problems but the pass O went up 1000 yds in the same attempts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                                Martz offense had its problems but the pass O went up 1000 yds in the same attempts.
                                And imagine if he'd utilized VD.

Raye and Singletary seem intent on implementing their "power running game" whether it's effective or not. If Johnson was significantly different, I'd think he'd make a decent OC. However, I'd prefer a more established coach to craft an offense around the group's strengths.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information