This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Dan, they are required by the NFL to meet with reporters. If they don't like it, they don't have to participate in the NFL.
    I always thought it was optional but here's another question, does they team and the players have to meet with the media after the game or can it be on Monday's when they do the press conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      I always thought it was optional but here's another question, does they team and the players have to meet with the media after the game or can it be on Monday's when they do the press conference?
      If I am not mistaken, they have like 20 minutes after the game ends to do whatever and then the team has to have X amount of players and the coach meet with reporters.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I could care less the type of passing yardage Martz is putting up in Chicago. Martz always puts up huge passing numbers. He also puts up huge sack numbers and in many seasons huge losses.

I'm more upset, and getting increasingly upset, that Sing's #1 choice, and seemingly only choice, Scot Linehan, is doing WONDERFUL things in Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          I could care less the type of passing yardage Martz is putting up in Chicago. Martz always puts up huge passing numbers. He also puts up huge sack numbers and in many seasons huge losses.

I'm more upset, and getting increasingly upset, that Sing's #1 choice, and seemingly only choice, Scot Linehan, is doing WONDERFUL things in Detroit.
          Most of those points/yards came in garbage time, though. They had one good drive early on, one big play, and then were shut down until the game was out of reach

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            I think the HC is contractually obligated to do the post game press conference.

If they go to 0-2 tonight by losing to the NO Saints, I'm starting the bandwagon rolling for drafting Andrew Luck in 2012. They will have to give up most of the ranch to trade up for him, but I think both Smith & Singletary will be long gone. Nobody drafts local players like the 9ers, & the Stanford QB throws the most accurate ball in college FB today.

Plenty of room on the wagon, feel free to jump on.

Comment

• I was on the Jerrod Johnson bandwagon but after last week's game I feel the need to jump off. Ryan Mallet here we come!

Comment

• I personally would much rather see us bring in Gruden and hopefully give Nate Davis a full season before drafting another QB in the first round and trade picks/players to move up to get the guy the team/fans want.

While everyone here bashes Smith (which I have done a lot of too), I personally think that him moving on would be best for him and the team but thats just me. His career has been doomed here from the day he was drafted.

If the season turns out to be crap, im hoping for Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher and Brian Billick in that order. I dont want some damn OC/DC or position coach or some college coach. I want a veteran HC wh knows what the hell he's doing.

Comment

• I dont watch college football. Is QB Nate Montana playing anywhere or at least on a team? And is he a freshman, junior, or what?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                    sure buddy. It's called making adjustments, something we haven't seen her since 2008. The Chicago Oline was completely overmatched, and Martz actually adjusted and took advantage of it.

He was pretty great considering what he did to Shaun Hill, and made this Offense look better than it has in years. Sure his JTO experiment was a fail, but another year with Hill or Smith and who knows what would've happened. Certainly would've been loads better than what Raye did with our QBs. What bothers me is not so much that we fired Martz, but that we replaced him with someone FAR worse. If you're gonna make a move like that, at least make a move that SEEMS like an improvement, the Raye hiring looked like garbage from the beginning.
                    Had we kept Martz, Vernon Davis would probably not have had the success he experienced last season. Chicago has looked good in two games. But that offense is going to have to do a lot more for me to erase the stigma that Martz has left over the years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Nate Montana is Notre Dame's backup, a junior, and looked decent in relief when Crist got injured. Nick is a much better prospect but he won't be available for at least a few more years

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Had we kept Martz, Vernon Davis would probably not have had the success he experienced last season.
                        whoopty freakin' doo, poor Vernon. Me, I'd rather not have our entire strategy depend on Gore running up the middle and two routes from Vernon. Once teams take that away, we're done.
                        Last edited by binary; 09-20-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Its an amazing thing. 49ers play poorly and this board blows up with hate. Albeit in defeat, they play very well, especially Alex Smith, and not a single post.

I'm not a fan of the fairweather nature of so many of us 49ers fans.

Comment

• Niners lose Briggs to Broncos practice squad

Outside linebacker Diyral Briggs passed through waivers this afternoon, but he didn't land on the 49ers practice squad as expected. Instead, he signed a practice-squad deal with the Denver Broncos. Briggs likely felt he had a better opportunity in Denver where there are only three outside linebackers on the active roster. In San Francisco, there are four -- Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, Ahmad Brooks and Travis LaBoy. All four were active for Monday's game against New Orleans.

The team released Briggs yesterday in order to elevate practice-squad cornerback Tramaine Brock to the active roster. They did that because another cornerback, Phillip Adams, was iffy with a hamstring strain suffered Friday and it was not known until game time whether he would play. Adams practiced in full on Saturday and he played Monday -- his punt-return blunder was one of the key plays -- thus making Brock inactive for the game. That is, it turns out the 49ers never had to make the roster move that has cost them Briggs.

The 49ers held onto Briggs, an undrafted rookie out of Bowling Green in 2009, because they liked his pass-rush potential. After arriving at around 230 pounds last year, he was up to 250 pounds in recent weeks. He also grew more comfortable playing linebacker after playing defensive end in college. Furthermore, two of the team's veteran outside linebackers -- Lawson and LaBoy -- are in the final year of their contracts. Briggs was being viewed as part of a future four-man rotation at the position.

Of course, the 49ers can always reacquire Briggs by signing him off Denver's practice squad. But that would require placing him on the active roster.
                            http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...s-to-join.html

Comment

• Briggs > Haralson. I don't know why Haralson is still on the team, let alone starting ahead of Brooks

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                                whoopty freakin' doo, poor Vernon. Me, I'd rather not have our entire strategy depend on Gore running up the middle and two routes from Vernon. Once teams take that away, we're done.
                                Yeah screw Vernon Davis, our most dependable player in the passing game. He's just another scrub.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information