This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    Its an amazing thing. 49ers play poorly and this board blows up with hate. Albeit in defeat, they play very well, especially Alex Smith, and not a single post.

I'm not a fan of the fairweather nature of so many of us 49ers fans.
    There are a lot of posts in the game thread. Enjoy! ;)

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Has CB William James played for us yet? If not, why is he still on the team especially in favor of others?

And im not happy that we lost Davis and now Briggs. Seriously, what's wrong with management sometimes? Briggs had a lot of potential and with Lawson a UFA after this season, Brooks a UFA in 2012 and Haralson being average, I dont understand why they would release Briggs instead of James. James is a damn waste of a roster spot.

Sometimes, im a pissed off 49ers fan. And being 0-2 going into Kansas City isnt helping the situation. UGH.

Comment

• I still don't understand why they cut Robinson. Our special teams is clearly missing him

Comment

• I really hope the loss of Briggs doesn't come back to bite them, I really really really liked that guy. He was getting better and better.

As for Alex, I just can never decide whether he's crappy or good. Some games I'm sure he's crappy, other games I'm sure he's good. The guy is just inconsistent, that's the big issue. He has to show some consistency, and he'll be fine. Crappy QBs don't do what he did on Monday night ever.

Comment

• I don't understand the constant love given to 49ers' cuts. Why do we (generalization) as a fan-base, seemingly care more for the players that can't make the team let alone star on it than those who are out there competing?

I have the best wishes in the world for Briggs. He was alot better this year than he was last. The interesting thing is that he wasn't even signed to the Broncos 53 and they have perhaps the 4 worst OLBs in the NFL. Robert Ayers, Mario Haggan, Jarvis Moss, and Jason Hunter. If he doesn't eventually get time on that roster, he never had a chance on "ours".

Comment

I don't understand the constant love given to 49ers' cuts. Why do we (generalization) as a fan-base, seemingly care more for the players that can't make the team let alone star on it than those who are out there competing?

I have the best wishes in the world for Briggs. He was alot better this year than he was last. The interesting thing is that he wasn't even signed to the Broncos 53 and they have perhaps the 4 worst OLBs in the NFL. Robert Ayers, Mario Haggan, Jarvis Moss, and Jason Hunter. If he doesn't eventually get time on that roster, he never had a chance on "ours".
              All I know is Haralson must be doing something we don't know about to get as much playing time as he does. I definitely don't see it on the field. Same thing with Chilo. When Hetimann comes back, they need to keep Baas and Heitmann and give Chilo the bench...stop showing favoritism to guys that clearly stink.

Comment

• Singletary said that once Chilo comes back, he will be starting at RG.

He also didn't say that Heitmann would be starting right away at C when he returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  Nate Montana is Notre Dame's backup, a junior, and looked decent in relief when Crist got injured. Nick is a much better prospect but he won't be available for at least a few more years
                  Nick who? Nick Montana??? Two Montana's?????

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
                    I don't understand the constant love given to 49ers' cuts. Why do we (generalization) as a fan-base, seemingly care more for the players that can't make the team let alone star on it than those who are out there competing?

So...........you want to talk about players who ARE on the team??? Okay, let's begin. RB Brian Westbrook. One carry in two games. That's nuts. Raye isnt even trying to implement this guy and he coud be the finesse back that the majority of us wanted but yet isnt even used. RB Anthony Dixon. Yeah, he had that TD run the other night but that's his only carry in two games. Neither him or Westbrook has been used in the passing game either and granted, I doubt Dixon would be but even if its to give the defense a different look would be nice. WR Michael Crabtree. Only three receptions for 44 yards in two games and no touchdowns. Does Raye even have any plays for this guy? Are they putting him in the slot to get mismatches or in motion? Something, anything to get him really going and involved in the offense? RG Chilo Rachal. This guy sucks period. When Heitmann returns, I dont care if its him or Baas but one of them should play RG instead of Rachal. Wouldnt mind Heitmann since his veteran experience would help out Davis. And last and least - CB William James. This guy hasnt even appeared in either game yet. I know he's supposed to be injured but for how long? And if its five or so weeks , he should have been placed on the PUP list and use his roster spot for someone who's actually healthy enough to play. This is why im pissed we lost Bruce Davis and Diryal Briggs because neither one of them get a shot at playing but yet, a player who's of no use or value to us in any possible way is on the active roster. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. *rolls eyes*

Briggs was meant more for the future than the present. You dont get rid of players like him. He's played well and is more comfortable after making the transition from DE to OLB. I'm not too upset at losing Davis even though I would have kept him too but losing Briggs really pisses me off because he's been on the team for over a year and you would think that they would have found ways to use his pass rushing ability and his high motor but nope. Releasing him and then elevating Brock from the practice squad is just another reason why im pissed off. Instead of Briggs, releasing James (or placing him on the PUP list during final cuts) would have made a lot more sense. There's a few players on the team that should be given more chances but yet arent and then there's players who dont get a chance at all compared to players like James who are right now useless and a waste of a roster spot who are "safe". That's just one reason why im not a fan of Singletary gaining more and more power over the roster. He knows some stuff but a simple thing like how to handle James injury to the best interest of the team, he doesnt know.

Sorry but thats my opinion. UGH.

Comment

• The way we've failed to utilize Westbrook (and even Dixon one could argue) is simply asinine for a modern Offense. It's getting pretty ridiculous, and it really reflects poorly on our staff's creativity. Crap, some of those screens to Gore could've gone for even bigger plays with a guy like Westbrook. Just b/c we have one good RB doesn't mean we ignore the other, so dumb.

Comment

Briggs I can understand, though I don't see why Haralson is the starter and Briggs gets cut, but how can anyone argue Will James is more important to us than MRob? In terms of overall special teams play, kicking and receiving, Robinson was one of the best there is in the entire league plus he was the captain and well liked/respected on the team. Makes no sense

Comment

• I didn't want him to see many touches as a RB this season, but I think M-Rob should have definitely made the teams for his Special Teams leadership, and I would have kept him on the 53 over James or even a 3rd QB. The Niners special teams has looked shaky and average at best the first couple games, and with a maturing offense, field position is important.

Briggs was kind of a developmental luxury at this point and though I'm not sold on Haralson as a starter over Brooks, he's more proven than Briggs and has more chemistry with the other members of our D as they've all been developing together. If the Niners miss Briggs that much, they can sign him to the 53 and keep him.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Few tidbits off twitter:

A bit more off the field and local:
                            Dennis O'Donnell won't be interviewing Sing again.
                            http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ews/#more-4015

I don't think O'Donnell baited him last week. I'm starting to agree with Tim Kawakami, I never like to say that, but think Coach Sing is going overboard with trying to protect the team from the media and is creating more distractions by doing so. Media is tame here up North compared to So Cal or the East.

Alex Smith is smarter then Peyton Manning:
                            Sporting News names Alex Smith the 11th smartest athlete. 1st among NFL QBs, three top-20 slots ahead of Peyton Manning.
                            I think Peyton is fine with that.

And SF added Bruce Davis to the PS.

Comment

• Alex Smith has a genius IQ, iirc.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Nick who? Nick Montana??? Two Montana's?????
                                Nate is a junior at Notre Dame. Nick is a freshman at Washington. Nick is definently a better player, Nate was the 3rd string quarterback in high school and actually played vs Michigan lol.

I played against Nate for years before he transfered out of De La Salle (I've gotten several tackles on him).
                                Last edited by hawkeye123; 09-22-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information