Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see how Alex could perform so well under such scrutiny on MNF and then flop so hard today; there's something really odd going on here. I'm sure Alex deserves a lot of blame, but it almost seems like the Chiefs knew what we were doing on every play and where our targets were.

It seems like KC basically constructed their whole entire gameplan on exposing our weaknesses. Did our gameplan try to expose or attack their weaknesses at all? Or did we just run the same crap we always run? Because it sure looks like we just ran the same crap we always run, with no adjustments. Crap, has this coaching staff EVER seemed like it had a gameplan to actually exploit a team's weaknesses?

Comment

• if this is how **** is going to continually play out, I might as well be a Raiders fan, so I don't ever get my hopes up.

or San Diego, since they at least have competent coaching/qb play.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        if this is how **** is going to continually play out, I might as well be a Raiders fan, so I don't ever get my hopes up.

or San Diego, since they at least have competent coaching/qb play.
        San Diego under-performs with the talent they have as well. San Diego's special teams handed Seattle a nice win today, and the Raiders (no surprise) choked, giving the Cardinals a win, with Jani-shank-ski missing 3 field goals including a short, potentially game winner. Rams even got a win, meaning that the Niners are...... wait for it...... in LAST F****** PLACE in the S*****NFC West. What a NIGHTMARE. This isn't 2000-and-freaking-5!!!!!!!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• The 49ers have lost games by 25, 3, and 21. Thats a negative 49 point differential, and it's the worst in the league. Worse than teams like Buffalo and Cleveland.

Offseason hype to worst team in the league right now. This team is well on its way to ending up with a top 5 pick, maybe top 10 if we finish the year with our usual meaningless December wins. If we can finally replace Sing, Raye, and Smith, it will be worth it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
            The 49ers have lost games by 25, 3, and 21. Thats a negative 49 point differential, and it's the worst in the league. Worse than teams like Buffalo and Cleveland.

Offseason hype to worst team in the league right now. This team is well on its way to ending up with a top 5 pick, maybe top 10 if we finish the year with our usual meaningless December wins. If we can finally replace Sing, Raye, and Smith, it will be worth it though.
            This.

What I don't get is, don't Singletary and Raye have experience? Especially Raye, 20 years in the NFL now? Singletary has a season and a half worth of experience, yet when i watched him today and vs Seattle i truly feel like i'm watching a coach that has never coached a professional game and has know idea what to do.

The 49ers strategy at halftime every game this year is to hope things work out themselves, that the original gameplan will work out.

We have so many offensive weapons on this team it makes me sick that the only guy that gets the ball 75%+ of the time is Frank Gore. Which is fine since he is one of the best in the league, but teans can gameplan against it too easily. We are just flat out predictable on offense. When i see the 49ers offense i feel like i'm watching a team from the 1960's in terms of playcalling and strategy. Most OC's would drool over the guys we have.

The niners are in a bad direction, we've got two of tougher opponents coming up in Atl and Philly and man for the first time in a while i have a lot of doubt. If we lose to Atl and Philly then our season is over, even if we squeeze out one win we're still in a deep hole. Can we start out 1-4 and still win the west? Of course, our division is that ******* terrible. But right now i just can't see it with our coaching staff.

Another thing i just don't get is how are we just getting demolished so badly at the line of scrimmage? Especially to ******* Seattle and Kansas City. Aren't we a 'smash mouth' team? Didn't we just draft two mauler O-Line men in the first round? Don't we have a top 10 defense? I thought we had one of the top defensive rushes in the league? What the **** happened? I saw no penetration today, none. Any runningback in the Nfl could have had the same exact numbers today for the Chiefs.

Sorry for the maybe pointless ramble and rants, but i was really hyped up for this season and i am just so ******* disappointed.
            Last edited by hawkeye123; 09-27-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• If we are 0-4 with the Sunday night NBC game at home it can save the season for some individuals but the team is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                This.

What I don't get is, don't Singletary and Raye have experience? Especially Raye, 20 years in the NFL now? Singletary has a season and a half worth of experience, yet when i watched him today and vs Seattle i truly feel like i'm watching a coach that has never coached a professional game and has know idea what to do.
                Makes me sad that it came down to Jimmy Raye and Hue Jackson and the whole coaching staff picked Raye. :(

Comment

• WE FIRED JIMMY RAYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!
                  JasonLaCanfora 49ers have fired offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. More upcoming on NFL.com.
                  Wow, I can't believe Sing went through it. I welcome the Mike Johnson (I think) era.

Comment

• Jimmy Raye fired as Nines OC, according to Maiocco's' and NFL Network insiders Twitter accounts:

RT @michaelombardi As reported by Jason LaCanfora, the 49ers have fired OC Jimmy Raye.

'Bout ####ing time! Let's get creative against the Falcons; we have to play every game from here on out like it's the playoffs.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• LaCanfora says Mike Johnson is the guy:
                      QB Coach Mike Johnson takes over coordinator duties from Jimmy Raye, who had received a vote of confidence from Singletary Sunday.

Comment

• lol, this might've been the most productive loss in 9er history.

Comment

• Thank god. If Manusky doesn't come up with a decent gameplan this week he should be fired too

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                            lol, this might've been the most productive loss in 9er history.
                            haha, yeah thought it was going to take to the bye week for them to make the change.

Some background on Mike Johnson:
                            http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/27/10/4...39&feedID=2539

Johnson, 43, spent the 2008 season out of football before joining the 49ers' staff last year as quarterbacks coach. During his time away from the game, he studied aspects of the college spread offense and how it can apply to the NFL game.

"Mike has everything it takes to be a successful coordinator or head coach in the NFL," Oregon State coach Mike Riley told me last year. "He's got the attention to detail, the character, charisma and physical presence. He's the complete package as a coach and person."
                            Just hope Sing doesn't hold him under his "umbrella of caution" and actually let's Johnson usually his play book.

Comment

• Greatest day ever.

Just like that we have a legitimate chance now.

Comment

• Best news yet from an 0-3 team that's just dismal offensively. I thought Willis, Spencer & Lawson played exceptionally well in KC for the defense. Safeties sucked, but what else is new.

It s/b pointed out that Crabtree has been dropping some easy ones too.

From the ESPN article announcing Raye's firing:

(the 49ers offense) 12.7 points-per-game average is 31st in the NFL -- better than only the 0-3 Carolina Panthers.

From picked to take the NFC West to 0-3 & next to worst offense in the league, & with a Pro Bowl TE, inexcusable.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 09-27-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information