This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Best news yet from an 0-3 team that's just dismal offensively. I thought Willis, Spencer & Lawson played exceptionally well in KC for the defense. Safeties sucked, but what else is new.

It s/b pointed out that Crabtree has been dropping some easy ones too.

From the ESPN article announcing Raye's firing:

(the 49ers offense) 12.7 points-per-game average is 31st in the NFL -- better than only the 0-3 Carolina Panthers.

From picked to take the NFC West to 0-3 & next to worst offense in the league, & with a Pro Bowl TE, inexcusable.
    Seriously, the team with Norv had way less talent, and a way worse QB...yet this '10 is just bottom of the barrel.

Comment

• The best thing about this season thus far has been that our starting corners have been playing pretty damn well, both have allowed only a few catches.

Comment

• Who's job is it to stop the screen? Is that the LBers? We have one of the most athletic LB cores in the league, wtf...maybe that's Willis' big weakness.

Also, I think it's becoming clear that Raye's firing was a front office move. The way Sing talked after the game, it really sounded like he had no problems with the playcalling and didn't even realize how bad it was. It definitely seems like they needed an upper management voice to step and stop the Singletary/Raye union. The fact that Singletary has been so quick to throw his players under the bus over the "execution" also points to the idea that maybe this Offense is really Singletary's vision....is he the guy forcing all these useless runs and Gore-centric gameplans? Maybe Raye was just a scapegoat, as he was really just carrying out Singletary's 'tarded philosophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          The best thing about this season thus far has been that our starting corners have been playing pretty damn well, both have allowed only a few catches.
          I agree that they have played well, but they haven't yet been under as much fire as the last couple of seasons because the Niners have been getting gashed by the run, equaling less pass plays for the opposing offenses. Additionally, two gambles from pump fakes by our CB's week 1 led to 2 Seattle TDs and the momentum difference in that game.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• More changes to this crazy morning:
            Adam_Schefter In addition to changing offensive coordinators today, 49ers also planning to bench Takeo Spikes and Mike Lewis.
            So we can assume that Bowman and Smith are now the new starters. This is on top of rumors that Anthony Davis and Crabtree could be benched and Morgan could be out for a few weeks with injury. Wholesale changes heading into ATL.

First, of many, what Jimmy Raye did wrong story has emerged:
            http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=73222

Concerning point A, Mike Singletary has, up to now, been unfailing in his support for Raye, despite warning signs of his failings. Last year, Singletary admitted that Alex Smith complained about Raye's lack of emphasis on the passing game and his use as a shotgun quarterback. Raye also dominated offensive meetings, often forcing the offense to meet as a group, rather than allowing position coaches to tutor their players in smaller gatherings. One source said that Raye would spring changes in the game plan on his coaches during the offensive meetings without consulting them first.
            Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 09-27-2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Happy to see Lewis benched. Wish it was Haralson instead of Spikes though. It seems like with Haralson we have vet upgrades in Brooks and LaBoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                Who's job is it to stop the screen? Is that the LBers? We have one of the most athletic LB cores in the league, wtf...maybe that's Willis' big weakness.
                I think that it is more about coaching than anything else. Lawson and Willis are two of the fastest linebackers in the league and can stay with almost any back in the open field but Manusky had Willis playing way back and Lawson blitzing more often than he does so they were not in position to make plays. Same thing happened on the draws; defensive ends and OLBs got up the field too quickly and the middle linebackers were way far back so it was like the Chiefs had 3-4 blockers against the middle linema(e)n. They got 10 yards before they were even touched half of the time.

I agree that they have played well, but they haven't yet been under as much fire as the last couple of seasons because the Niners have been getting gashed by the run, equaling less pass plays for the opposing offenses. Additionally, two gambles from pump fakes by our CB's week 1 led to 2 Seattle TDs and the momentum difference in that game.
                ? The 49ers have been one of the best run defenses in the league over the past couple of seasons and there has been no pass rush this year but they are still playing great. Yeah, Clements bit on that PA in week one but it still only would have went for 10-15 yards if Michael Lewis makes an easy tackle.

I am not sure I understand benching Spikes, unless it is an injury thing, while Haralson continues to start when it is clear Brooks is better. Also how has Snyder not replaced Rachal?

Comment

• From what I have read, it seems that management fired Raye even though Singletary didnt want to. I think we're going to have same problem that Nolan and Manusky had but with Singletary and Johnson. Singletary better not get in his way either because Singletary doesnt know crap about offense.

Happy about Lewis being benched but at the same time, doesnt make much sense either. Everyone knows about his weaknesses and quite honestly, I would have released him during final cuts. I actually want to see Mays start at SS because I think Smith would be better suited for FS since I seriously doubt that we'll re-sign Goldson after the season.

Benching Spikes makes no sense. I would keep him next to Willis. I would wait until 2011 before starting Bowman.

Rachal is the player who needs to be benched the most. He ******* sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    From what I have read, it seems that management fired Raye even though Singletary didnt want to. I think we're going to have same problem that Nolan and Manusky had but with Singletary and Johnson. Singletary better not get in his way either because Singletary doesnt know crap about offense.
                    I don't want to underestimate Sing's stubbornness or determination, but he looked like a pretty beaten man during his press conference. I think he's going to keep his hands off as far as the Offense is concerned, that would just be my guess. Sing knows he's in deep trouble right now, and he seems willing to let someone else secure the vision of this Offense.....just my guess.

Karma whooped Singletary into oblivion, he had an OC with Martz, let him go due to his own ego, and now Martz is successful at CHI (Sing's old franchise) while Sing is flopping in the wind.

Comment

• we can assume that Bowman and Smith are now the new starters. This is on top of rumors that Anthony Davis and Crabtree could be benched and Morgan could be out for a few weeks with injury. Wholesale changes heading into ATL.
                      Morgans sacrificed for the HC's manhood salvage on a useless play that scored so they would lose by 21 instead of 28 points...... I howled obscene comments at my HD TV when they did that. Singletary dropped about 20 points as as an NFL HC in my estimation after that crap.

Lewis should have been benched a long time ago, IDK who would replace Davis but if they're benching people how about Chilo? He truly is garbage.

Comment

• With Morgan and Ginn out and Crabs being benched our our top receivers are Ziegler and Hill?

And i agree that Anthony Davis needs to be benched, he is young and should have been benched when he took a jab at the other dude's kidney, but who is going to start over him? Alex Boone? I'm assuming were gonna keep Baas at center and start Heitman over Rachal at RG.
                        Last edited by hawkeye123; 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Crabs got benched?

Comment

• Oh I quess the quote says "Should be benched". Most likely won't with Morgan's injury but still I'm concerned about the other starting receiver, should be Zeigler, he's looked very impressive.

Comment

• Morgan is going to play Sunday. I think the Crabs getting benched part is a rumor(?). However, all but one of Smith's INTs came while targeting Crabtree.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Morgan is going to play Sunday. I think the Crabs getting benched part is a rumor(?). However, all but one of Smith's INTs came while targeting Crabtree.
                                And 3/4 of those were more on Crabtree than Smith (bounced off of his chest, wrong route, trips on cut)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information