Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man. How badly are the Falcons going to gash the 49ers on Sunday? Can't wait to talk **** to the local fans.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      Oh man. How badly are the Falcons going to gash the 49ers on Sunday? Can't wait to talk **** to the local fans.
      Really depends on the coaching. If the coaches come out with a competent game plan, like they did against New Orleans, then the 49ers have a chance. They probably won't, though.

Comment

• Davis should not be benched, he played well when Snyder was next to him. I think Chilo's exile is long overdue.

Comment

• Doesn't look like Michael Lewis is taking his benching well, missing from today's practice:
          [quote="Matt Maiocco"]Mike Singletary declined to say whether Michael Lewis' "personal reason" is football related. Pretty easy to assume he lost starting job.

[quote="Matt Barrows"]No concrete answers on why Michael Lewis was absent today. Reggie Smith would start in his place; Taylor Mays would get meaningful reps ...

[quote=" Tim Kawakami"]In other words, the 49ers' locker room is in just a wonderful mental state. If they get slammed in Atlanta... watch out.

Think Tim nailed it on the head.

Comment

• lol, guys don't even want to play football anymore after playing for this team. Sing is done.

Comment

• I have no idea why you guys don't want to throw to Crabtree. He looks good when he catches the ball. I mean, if you didn't want to rely on a WR why spent a top 10 pick on him? Some teams don't utilize their WR and that's fine, but don't spend a premium pick on one to be a decoy.

Throw some WR screens, slants, quick routes to get the ball into his hands and let him run after the catch, stuff like that should be pretty simple and doesn't take much game planning to figure out.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                Davis should not be benched, he played well when Snyder was next to him. I think Chilo's exile is long overdue.
                I agree. No way in hell should Davis be benched. He's started as a rookie and finish that way. Benching him would only make him regress.

Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?

Doesn't look like Michael Lewis is taking his benching well, missing from today's practice:

Mike Singletary declined to say whether Michael Lewis' "personal reason" is football related. Pretty easy to assume he lost starting job.

No concrete answers on why Michael Lewis was absent today. Reggie Smith would start in his place; Taylor Mays would get meaningful reps ...

In other words, the 49ers' locker room is in just a wonderful mental state. If they get slammed in Atlanta... watch out.

See...........this is why I would have released Lewis during final cuts and started Mays. Lewis knows he's pretty much done and I dont see the point in keeping him. Team should try to trade him, if they cant get at least a 7th rounder for him, release him and let him go whereever he wants.

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I have no idea why you guys don't want to throw to Crabtree. He looks good when he catches the ball. I mean, if you didn't want to rely on a WR why spent a top 10 pick on him? Some teams don't utilize their WR and that's fine, but don't spend a premium pick on one to be a decoy.

Throw some WR screens, slants, quick routes to get the ball into his hands and let him run after the catch, stuff like that should be pretty simple and doesn't take much game planning to figure out.
                Crabtree missed all off training camp and pre-season for the second year in a row and its hurting him this season thus far. Smith has thrown to him 19 times in three games and out of those 19 passes, 4 have been intercepted and I seriously doubt that they're all on Smith. And what happened to the "diva clause" in his contract is beyond me. They're letting him get away with stuff that he shouldnt be. And this was another reason why I wanted to see T.O. come back. Asshole or not, T.O.'s work ethic is above all and maybe that would have rubbed off of Crabtree. After all, if he's going to be an asshole, he mine as well try backing it up.

But whatever, im so disgusted right now, that I sometimes dont even care either which way.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I have no idea why you guys don't want to throw to Crabtree. He looks good when he catches the ball. I mean, if you didn't want to rely on a WR why spent a top 10 pick on him? Some teams don't utilize their WR and that's fine, but don't spend a premium pick on one to be a decoy.

His hands are iffy, he has poor balance, he runs garbage routes, and he can barely separate.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure this season is over guys, I'm not even going to hold out any hope anymore, its done. Players leaving, firing OC's, this crap never turns out well, EVER. The only redeeming quality would be if Alex got into enough of a groove where it would be smart to keep him, but the staff needs to gtfo.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-for-release/

LOL. Not surprised by this at all. If im management, I try to trade him first for whatever draft pick I could get for him. If not, I just release him. It's funny, most people here wanted Lewis gone but then were okay with him sticking around after taking a paycut where as I would have cut him during final cuts and just move on.

Comment

• Hey Dan, did you want Lewis cut during final cuts? I couldn't tell, LOL.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• I knew we should have cut his ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                            Hey Dan, did you want Lewis cut during final cuts? I couldn't tell, LOL.
                            LOL.

While I was against everyone back in February/March/April in regards to releasing Lewis, once we drafted Mays, I changed my mind even though I would have kept him like we did until final cuts in case of injuries or whatnot.

Of course, I would have signed Atogwe once he became a UFA in June so actually, Lewis would have been gone sooner. Oh well, either way, better late than never.

Comment

• The good part of all of this is hopefully we'll never fall for it again. I pray Jed York and company aren't so stupid they'll hire another "rah rah" coach.

X's and O's > "rah rah" speeches.

I'm still ticked that we didn't get Mike Shanahan.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• [QUOTE=WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?;2317005]Doesn't look like Michael Lewis is taking his benching well, missing from today's practice:
                                [quote="Matt Maiocco"]Mike Singletary declined to say whether Michael Lewis' "personal reason" is football related. Pretty easy to assume he lost starting job.

[quote="Matt Barrows"]No concrete answers on why Michael Lewis was absent today. Reggie Smith would start in his place; Taylor Mays would get meaningful reps ...

Originally posted by Tim Kawakami
                                In other words, the 49ers' locker room is in just a wonderful mental state. If they get slammed in Atlanta... watch out.

Yeah it's true. Michael Lewis' agent officially asked for & received his release.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

No great loss for the team but you have to consider this is the 3rd 49er who has left the team of his own volition. Is this an actual team anymore?

1st Lewis is announced as among those to be benched per the NFLN report, then Singletary reversed himself saying starters including Lewis would "remain intact" for the Atlanta game.

Bad joke but it needs to be said: Those rats Singletary spoke of are now departing the sinking ship.

I give the HC < one chance in 5 of keeping his job this season.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 10-02-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information