This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
    Winning 7 could lead to Smith being re-signed. If Johnson sticks around, that might be a good thing.

If Singletary gets fired, it means Smith will get another OC...
    That's fine, because I think we'll be getting an OC that would actually tailor the Offense to our personnel's strengths. The benefits of that would far outweigh anything lost due to lack of continuity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
      Winning 7 could lead to Smith being re-signed. If Johnson sticks around, that might be a good thing.

If Singletary gets fired, it means Smith will get another OC...
      Alex Smith I think would have to have a dynamite rest of the season to warrant getting resigned to a long-term deal. There has already been a lot of scrutiny regarding his play. And the team not having a win doesn't help. Especially on a team that has had a good history of quarterback play. I think he gets the boot unless the 49ers make the playoffs and Alex plays at an All-Pro season the rest of the year. I doubt this happens. I fully expect him, Singletary, and probably Johnson to be out at the end of the year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• i would have no problem with resigning alex to a 2-3 year contract, as long as we draft a top QB. he could play for half the season, and then the rookie could go in.

i'd rather have smith as a backup rather than carr...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Oakland
          Carolina
          Denver
          St Louis
          Tampa Bay

Arizona
          Green Bay
          Seattle
          San Diego
          St Louis
          Arizona

it on conceivable that they could win 7 games and play themselves out of a top QB
          I don't disagree with the number of wins but I think that they'll have a better chance against Seattle and/or San Diego in SF than Denver in London. Orton will shred our secondary and this team plays like s*** on the East Coast; how are they going to go overseas and have a chance?! I don't care if it's a "home" game.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
            That's fine, because I think we'll be getting an OC that would actually tailor the Offense to our personnel's strengths. The benefits of that would far outweigh anything lost due to lack of continuity.
            Good binary comment there. After I read this article in the morning sports section about the 9ers offense

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

phrases like one-dimensional & predictable came immediately to mind b/c in the last 3 or 4 games I've seen the defenses stack the box on 1st & 10 waiting for that Gore run between the tackles. And that's just plainly unacceptable IMO, this is the team that freaking invented the WCO 25 yrs ago & now they have no imagination whatsoever. I realize you're supposed to play to your strengths on 1st down, but damn.....

Comment

• Here's some good news for this weekend vs. Oakland when the 9ers are on offense:

The Raiders defense has dropped from 2nd in the NFL @ 260.7 yds/gm after 3 games to tied for 23rd @ 345.8 yds/gm. b/c they gave up 441 yds to the Texans & 506 to the Chargers.

And it looked like the biggest gains vs. the Raiders were in the ground game, allowing 249 rushing yds vs Houston. Then I saw this: 431 yds given up in the air to the #1-ranked offense in the NFL, Rivers & Bolts. Yeah the Raiders still upset the Bolts for the 1st time in 7 long yrs. but a lot of that was SD mistakes, turnovers, etc.

The Raiders have looked really soft on defense recently so the moral of the story just avoid turnovers & mistakes & you can beat Oakland.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Here's some good news for this weekend vs. Oakland when the 9ers are on offense:

The Raiders defense has dropped from 2nd in the NFL @ 260.7 yds/gm after 3 games to tied for 23rd @ 345.8 yds/gm. b/c they gave up 441 yds to the Texans & 506 to the Chargers.

And it looked like the biggest gains vs. the Raiders were in the ground game, allowing 249 rushing yds vs Houston. Then I saw this: 431 yds given up in the air to the #1-ranked offense in the NFL, Rivers & Bolts. Yeah the Raiders still upset the Bolts for the 1st time in 7 long yrs. but a lot of that was SD mistakes, turnovers, etc.

The Raiders have looked really soft on defense recently so the moral of the story just avoid turnovers & mistakes & you can beat Oakland.
                Ya, but we've never been a team with an aggressive mindset to rack up yards. The Texans like to set up the run with the pass , and we do the opposite, so I don't know how that will pan out. We basically announce when we are going to run and where, and challenge the other team to stop us, and they usually do.

This game will be TOUGH but it's the first must-win game IMO. Oddly enough, the reason it will be tough is because it's at home, this crowd is going to be vicious. Every incompletion and run for 1-2 yards there is gonna be unrest. The team will definitely have to have a "us against the world" mentality. Biggest game of Alex's career, and probably his last as a 9er (I hope not, but he'll mess it up unfortunately). It could get really hard to watch.

Comment

• On the positive side at least the game will be televised if only on the West Coast: 1 PM PDT on CBS.

If it were in Oakland that would be doubtful.... the Raiders can't even sell out a home game if half the seats went to 9ers fans.

As far as the crowds go, I predict a typical Raiders-9ers clash, lots of drunks screaming, hollering & fistfights in the local sports bars. Could be some ugliness & multiple arrests in Candlestick too. There's a very long standing tradition of these 2 teams dissing each other here in the Bay Area.

My Raider Nation neighbors here in San Jose are psyched for it, already flying flags & wearing jerseys, they are always easy to spot b/c of the tats & no. of police cars at their homes on weekends :--) They s/b also getting liquored up well before noon.

My only 9ers regalia is a really cool bowling shirt with San Francisco in baseball script lettering on the back, NFC & 49ers logos patches on the front, very expensive so I'll I'll be rocking it to the local grocery stores to buy Red Stripe & Sapporo before the game just to piss off the Raider employees there & fans in black & silver. I apologize to cumulative fans for not wearing it in public more often, but then again this yr. there hasn't been much to pride yourself on with this winless, horribly mismanaged team.

I used to have a black Starter Raiders jersey but I donated it to charity, at least it had huge 24-in. letters on the side reading LA mainly b/c I used to live there.

Comment

• I have several 80s 49ers shirts.

my go-to is one that says, "49ers Team of the 80s" and then has "3-Time Super Bowl Champs: '83 '85 '88"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• btw, I was thinking today that if we couldnt get Locker/Luck, I would love Prince Amukamara/Patrick Peterson and then to trade back into the first round and take Christian Ponder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        btw, I was thinking today that if we couldnt get Locker/Luck, I would love Prince Amukamara/Patrick Peterson and then to trade back into the first round and take Christian Ponder.
                        Sounds good, but I have no idea why Ponder's stock hasn't fallen. He's had a pretty bad year.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Sounds good, but I have no idea why Ponder's stock hasn't fallen. He's had a pretty bad year.
                          pro potential > college play

Comment

• Ponder looks like Snead to me right now.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Ponder looks like Snead to me right now.
                              **** it, Nathan Enderle/Pat Delvin, whatever.

Comment

• Ponder looks like a poor mans Locker to me. Slightly weaker arm, less refined, and less athletic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information