Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Devlin is much better. Penn State is moronic. The best thing to happen to Devlin was him getting kicked out of there.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Devlin is much better. Penn State is moronic. The best thing to happen to Devlin was him getting kicked out of there.
      the point is, we need a new QB, I demand one in the first round, but if we don't get Luck/Locker, I hope we take a shut down corner and trade up (i.e., grow a pair and take a risk).

      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

      Comment


      • I'm in the NFLDC Luck Club. You should join.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I'm in the NFLDC Luck Club. You should join.
          clearly you have not seen my exploits in this forum

          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brent View Post
            clearly you have not seen my exploits in this forum
            I have but you don't have the avatar right now! To be an official member you must have it.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • People thinking we have a shot at Luck are wasting their energy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I have but you don't have the avatar right now! To be an official member you must have it.
                I don't do avatars, and right now my sig is dedicated to the most recent Niners' QB worth honoring.

                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                Comment


                • Hey guys, im just recently bought NCAA Football 11 and im playing a dynasty with the Washington Huskies because of Jake Locker being the highest rated QB (96) in the game and because of that and the discussion here, I have a few questions -

                  1) Is Locker that good in reality or did EA overrate him like they usually do?

                  2) Is Locker the best pro prospect coming out in 2011?

                  3) Is Locker the only senior worth drafting in the first round?

                  And im actually hoping for CB Patrick Peterson unless we sign UFA CB Richard Marshall in the first round.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by edgrenade
                    i would have no problem with resigning alex to a 2-3 year contract, as long as we draft a top QB. he could play for half the season, and then the rookie could go in.

                    i'd rather have smith as a backup rather than carr...
                    NO NO NO.

                    I wouldnt keep Smith unless he plays LIGHTS OUT the next 11 games and thats not going to happen. And I dont want to draft a QB in the first round and start him mid-season because thats what Nolan did with Smith. How's that worked out so far??? The rookie should either start from day one or sit out his rookie year and start in 2012. I hate mid-season starts because I dont think that they've ever worked out good and if there's any that have, I would love to know who they are, what team they were on, the year and who they replaced.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      NO NO NO.

                      I wouldnt keep Smith unless he plays LIGHTS OUT the next 11 games and thats not going to happen. .
                      What is "lights out"? To me, if Smith can give us around a 90 QB rating the rest of the season, he should be re-signed without another thought. A QB rating around 80 or below and he'll be out of here. Around 85, and that's a grey area; in most cases you would re-sign a young QB that gives you that in a season where you had to fire the OC 3 weeks in, but given our history with him, probably not.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by binary View Post
                        What is "lights out"? To me, if Smith can give us around a 90 QB rating the rest of the season, he should be re-signed without another thought. A QB rating around 80 or below and he'll be out of here. Around 85, and that's a grey area; in most cases you would re-sign a young QB that gives you that in a season where you had to fire the OC 3 weeks in, but given our history with him, probably not.
                        Lights out would be Smith playing like Manning, Rivers, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. Basically, where he'll just dominate and win the game using his arm.

                        I wouldnt re-sign Smith unless he plays "lights out" because if we re-sign him and draft a QB in the first round, what happens if there becomes a QB controversy? What happens if Smith the plays good (like Brees did after SD drafted Rivers) and the rookie stays on the bench? With Brees, he was franchised and in 2005 as an UFA and the allowed a leave a year later. The difference here is that Smith would be re-signed to a multi year deal and would have to be traded if the rookie does good if he takes over eventually.

                        Complicating matters would be that Smith was our overall number one draft pick in 2005 (not Carr) and let's face it, whether or not we draft a QB in the first round in 2011, im sure management would love to turn a negative into a positive.

                        Personally, if we lose to OAK Sunday, I trade Smith (and others) for whatever I can get for them instead of allowing them to leave as UFA's and then start Carr for the two remaining games before the bye and then start Davis for the rest of the season just to see how he does. I would love to see Davis to do good enough to where we wouldnt have to draft a QB period or at the very least, replace Carr as the backup in 2011.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          Lights out would be Smith playing like Manning, Rivers, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. Basically, where he'll just dominate and win the game using his arm.


                          That's just unrealistic given our current situation. I still think my though process is much more reasonable. A 90 QB rating for a 26 year old QB and he stays, it's the smart thing to do. Bring in Gruden or someone else who knows about modern Offense, and we'll be fine. Of course, if he loses against OAK none of this will matter, as he will be done. Actually, he has to win the next three games IMO.

                          As for your first round pick, if Smith plays good, we won't need to draft a first round QB, and all the elite ones will be gone by our pick anyways. We could grab one in the midrounds though, to be a backup. Nate Davis is a nonfactor, so I won't touch on it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by binary View Post
                            That's just unrealistic given our current situation. I still think my though process is much more reasonable. A 90 QB rating for a 26 year old QB and he stays, it's the smart thing to do. Bring in Gruden or someone else who knows about modern Offense, and we'll be fine. Of course, if he loses against OAK none of this will matter, as he will be done. Actually, he has to win the next three games IMO.

                            As for your first round pick, if Smith plays good, we won't need to draft a first round QB, and all the elite ones will be gone by our pick anyways. We could grab one in the midrounds though, to be a backup. Nate Davis is a nonfactor, so I won't touch on it.
                            Yeah, I know thats unrealistic which is why I said it. Its not going to happen and thus Smith would be gone. Hell, if we lose to OAK, I would trade him (and others) before the deadline Tuesday anyway so I wouldnt have to even decide on whether or not to re-sign him after the season.

                            Yeah, I know Davis is a non-factor which just proves that Singletary doesnt have a damn clue. At least we agree about wanting Gruden as the next HC.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              Yeah, I know thats unrealistic which is why I said it. Its not going to happen and thus Smith would be gone..
                              So if Alex plays the rest of the games with a 90 QB rating, you would still let him go? To me, that's just not very smart.

                              Comment


                              • If Smith cant keep up a 90 QB rating and we dont win 7 games and its looking like a new OC and HC. Quarterback-wise who would be the best option if we get a top 10 pick? Locker, Mallett, Luck who would be the best and get the most out of early so we dont have to wait to rebuild?
                                San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                                Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information